Play Style : Slow or Fast?

Most missions I like to gradually chip away at the walker population and slowly bring them to 0.

Once 0 walkers is achieved, then I gather supplies and set up to take out the 2 (usually 2) walkers that spawn, taking them out until my survivors are at risk of damage.

With this method, I have very little heal time needed. I like to fight with fully upgraded weapons and armour, and only upgrade items with 3 abilities.

I'm only in episode 7 so far.

----

The above method simply will not work in some of the missions designed by the devs.
The missions seem to be designed to teach us how to use all the classes effectively.

The example missions on youtube have been very helpful for me to get this far into the game. Killshot, Tsukiya and Kapaoo have shown me the surprises, and what happens with aggresive hunters, defensive-slow (bruiser and friends), and aggressive scouts can do.

How do you play? Fast or Slow?

Comments

• HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    I think in most cases it has to be fast... you can't let too many walkers spawn as they get stronger and stronger... so the faster you go, and the less shots you use, the better.

• zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    I kill everything necessary to gather supplies, then if I need XP, I'll clear everything else out and camp the zombie spawns for a little bit.
    There are many missions where being 'defensive/slow' is not in your favor at all. You simply won't be able to complete them until you're significantly overleveled. You definitely won't be able to complete hard or nightmare playing that way.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I take out all the walkers between me and the supplies, grabbing any supplies in between if I can spare a move. When the area is clear I'll get the rest of the supplies.
    Then, if I want extra XP I'll find a strategic point to knock off any spawning walkers until they get strong enough to cause me trouble.
    Then exit.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • LawdogLawdog Member Posts: 836
    I kinda enjoy the slow ones,assuming I'm burning 90 minutes worth of fuel..I like a 5 min run.

Kinda like a chess match.
This discussion has been closed.