Make the game more legit!!! End player swapping

13»

Comments

• jesterjester Member Posts: 2,728
    I disagree.
  • RickGrimesRickGrimes Member Posts: 210
    @nemesis not really, get your head together.

Reason I suggested it is because there are people who join guilds and don't contribute for first 2-3 days then leave, or just leave 20 minutes into the challenge. That's a big hit for some teams. It can even cost your spot on the leaderboard, and if the memberlist atars are locked to starting members then you'll be locked at 19 or less members in the end.
    The one and only, RickGrimes
    ✯ Former Leader of RickRollers Community ✯
    zosonT_12
  • NateNate Member Posts: 110
    There's positives and negatives with the new implementation which will be in the new update that was brought up by @Teeceezy

Good that the stars that count towards the guilds overall occumulation are from members that were already in the guild from before the challenge starts. Which would stop switching to bring in new/other members to add to the guilds overall stars.

If it's the current members which are in the guild then they could go about it two ways,
    The first of which is, if

1. Someone out of guild earns stars then a guild wants to swap them in for one of their low star earned members, which they then swap, and all stars earnt by let's just say their lowest member then are taken away with removing them and then all stars gained by the new member are then included.

With this way, to me it wouldn't really be fair for the member that was kicked, it's kind of a kick in the face and an insult.

Or

2. Let's just say The lowest member is kicked which all stars accumulated are taken away with them and then a new member is added which they start off with zero when accepted into the guild.
    Then all stars they earn from then on go towards the guilds overall score for the end of the week, unless they are swapped out and therefore it would happen again.

This way would seem more fair and reasonable in my opinion.

If it were to change I think this would be a better alternative over any.
    But the new implementation sounds okay too.

Haha I hope that was easy understand as sometimes I'm not the best with describing things :P
    Now with all the serious talk, let's all sing a song,

" I have two eggs..the left and the right..
    The centre is long.. the hair is curly.. tap them slowly 1,2,3..Clean eggs are good to see"
    [Deleted User]Antoinette
    I agree @stuffnthangs
    [Deleted User]
  • jester said:

Yes. And then next week they bring the original player back. There's no reason a top guild shouldn't be able to recruit 20 dedicated players. If you need to make changes, you wait until the challenge is over. Locking your roster in at the start is the fairest system to all guilds.

@jester I'm pretty much in agreement with most of your posts on this subject. You run with what you brung, you blow a piston (dead beat member) you just wait til the next challenge and hope your motor (guild) runs better.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
  • LawdogLawdog Member Posts: 836
    It does seem to be a rather draconian process,I honestly don't understand any guild member who would be ok with putting in an extreme effort(risking all on Deadlys)to be shown the door for the "Good of the guild".
    An easy fix in my eyes,would be for NG to list the number of members used to acquire said stars at end of challenge.
    I would view the guild that has the top stars with 20 players as the true #1.

That's my .25 cents worth.(I did good on bottle returns this week!)
  • LawdogLawdog Member Posts: 836
    Integrity should be the rule of law.(sorry for double posting)

But yea-not more programs with "End of challenge hyperbolic nonsense" that's double talk.

All the super duper smart people's on here see through that.

20 go in,20 come out.Lets see what guild has the true A team.
    [Deleted User]
  • HattenatorHattenator Member Posts: 40
    I really like the way that @Teeceezy said it will work. Everyone gets 20 players at the start and what those 20 do is your total. If one player doesn't cut it then your guild will suffer a little. It puts everyone on the same playing field.

Good guilds have sister guilds so you can make an educated decision based on previous weeks who your best 20 is for the next challenge. We never recruit to our main guild that way players are proving themselves in the sister guild before they join into the main guild. Nice way to buffer out the Rouge players that might do your guild harm.

The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Who really cares who's top guild or not? Do we get extra rewards for it?? No! Do we get extra rewards internally for topping the list in your own guild? No!, do u still have fun trying to beat your own personal best? I hope so, player swapping only really helps getting a few more possible guild rewards which right now they aren't that great anyways, so it's not the end of the world where ppl are ranked lol
    Lawdog
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,347
    Am I the only one that things of this when I see the title of this thread?

• jesterjester Member Posts: 2,728
    No.
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352

Who really cares who's top guild or not? Do we get extra rewards for it?? No! Do we get extra rewards internally for topping the list in your own guild? No!, do u still have fun trying to beat your own personal best? I hope so, player swapping only really helps getting a few more possible guild rewards which right now they aren't that great anyways, so it's not the end of the world where ppl are ranked lol

And when do you want it to be fixed? when there are rewards for top guilds? then it will be too late. better fix now before they give rewards to top guilds. if you dont care then just get off this topic.
  • nemesisnemesis Member Posts: 28

@nemesis not really, get your head together.

Reason I suggested it is because there are people who join guilds and don't contribute for first 2-3 days then leave, or just leave 20 minutes into the challenge. That's a big hit for some teams. It can even cost your spot on the leaderboard, and if the memberlist atars are locked to starting members then you'll be locked at 19 or less members in the end.

Like I said - dick suits you.

Using your method, guilds could just wait until 1 hour before the event ends, then swap in their top 20 scoring players.

No system will suit everyone, but when players call for a change and devs respond, your first comment is a criticism, not a "thanks for listening and let's see how things develop".
  • Smokin_Joe_BlowSmokin_Joe_Blow Member Posts: 97
    It doesn't really matter now. I'm glad there is a fix for player swapping coming even if it is not the ideal one in my opinion. Here is an idea I thought was better. forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/1404/another-idea-for-fair-guild-competition-without-guild-locking#latest
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    I think this may be an improvement, let's try it out for 2 weeks and see how it works. I'm sure they're willing to change it again if needed.

However, I do have some questions on how it works, if possible to release those details already:

@Teeceezy : When will this change go live? if 9th, how will it affect the challenge starting today?
    Also: It seems as if it will be still be possible to accept players after the challenge starts. How will they be marked in the guild list? Do they get a new member category, like "trainee", and will their star count still be visible in the guild list, but not count towards the guild rewards? Will they still get guild rewards for what the team does? Or is the change only for the leader board summary? Or will it not even be possible to see what the trainees does?

The less important question is; what if player A is part of the guild at challenge start, then (accidentally) leaves and come back - will that make it a counted member or a trainee?
13»
This discussion has been closed.