Fun Thread & Raffle! Show off your A Team!

ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
Hey gang-

I'm pretty excited for the next update, and we're even starting to plan what will come in the one after that. I want to share some of that excitement with the community, and do something fun to get people involved.

So, here's the idea I had that I didn't event clear with my EP or TCZ [shhh, don't tell!]:

1) Post your A-Team, and tell me a story. Maybe why you gave them the names you did, or the luckiest mission you should have lost, or the time you agonized over taking one of them from the phone call instead of 128 hero tokens; whatever you like. Make it fun or funny, and related to the game.

2) On Monday 5PM Helsinki time, I'll make a list of all the contributors and pick 1 person [I'll pick 5 if we get over 100 participants]. I'll PM them and work with them to select a name that is appropriate for the Walking Dead world, but is also signifying them. That name will be used for an NPC or enemy in an upcoming mission.

Sound like fun? Hope so! Looking forward to reading some fun stories and seeing the baddest of your badasses.
Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
DLichiozzegTeeceezyJadenPain WalkerggbatsWeekOneTy_zbotSabertoothJerryDixonJenngWalkerballz

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited March 2017
    This is an awesome idea.. I think i'll use something similar to this short story I wrote last night

I can't help but think that in some way I inspired you @Shteevie to create this thread/raffle. This is a really fun idea and I look forward to seeing the names that other players choose for their A team so I will be able to see that I'm not the only one whom uses my name for my survivors. :)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    Shteevie said:

So, here's the idea I had that I didn't event clear with my EP or TCZ [shhh, don't tell!]:

• JulialiciousJulialicious Member Posts: 193
    :D@kryptonix , you don't want to tell us the name of your penultimate survivor? V*****th lol
    Julia - "the puppet master - the secret leader of the council!!!" =D

Retired Leader of Sisters Family

Walkerballz
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066

:D@kryptonix , you don't want to tell us the name of your penultimate survivor? V*****th lol

Looks like the name that shouldn´t be announced ;)
    kryptonixWalkerballz
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,751
    @kryptonix

What's wrong with Visigoth?
    T_12Maverick1969
  • ChispChisp Member Posts: 46
    Considering the forum and its posts, any memorable enemy or NPC should be called Stu
    WahooDawgGovernatorWalkerballz
  • KarimVampireKarimVampire Member Posts: 1
    Hello
    JackBauer
  • deb1hddeb1hd Member Posts: 333
    Hi KarimVampire Welcome to nomans land. I see that you joined today. Do you have a story to tell on your favorite survivors.
    TeeceezyShteevieJackBauer
  • NeganTWDNeganTWD Member Posts: 9

These are my favs.
    Walkerballz
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    This is where we all find out that our best survivors are moonlighting under different names in other people's camps. I guess that's just what it takes to get 3 square meals a day?
    1RisInspTurbinesWalkerballz
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I'll dispute the notion of having a fixed A team due to the fact that there are different combinations of walkers/freemen/outpost defenders in virtually every map. So the scout you might take on an outpost raid might well be left roasting marshmallows by the campfire on an RSL 25 map against grenadiers.
    So, I have a couple of fully loaded assaults, hunters, shooters and scouts, depending on the mission.
    Horses for courses, as they say.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    PigWalkerballzTheLostOnesJaden
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    @Neil_J I wasn't sure which A-team to post, for that very reason. However, I decided that if I knew nothing about a mission before it started, the team above is the one I would probably take. Also, for the purposes of a fun thread like this one, just pick something and go with it :)

Not only that, but no other team of mine has as a good a story as Tom, Heather, and Ronnie's!
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Walkerballz
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,420
    I'm usually a sucker for these contests, but I'm going to pass on this one. good luck to all the participants!
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

Walkerballz