New Challenge System . . . Some Complaints

Neither I nor my wife like the new challenge system. For one thing, I used to to be able to get upwards of 250 to 350 stars on my primary account and sometimes on my secondary account. The wife used to be able to get half my primary account's score each week. Now she is less than 80 stars and both of my accounts are less than half.

We're still scrapping most of the gear we get from those chests you click/tap at the end of each mission.

Our guys are getting damaged a lot more and spending more time in the hospital tent. (Which frankly needs way more beds.)

We both would like to be able to pick the starting level for the initial challenge starting point and then progress from there.

Does anyone hate this new system as much as we do?
SpringChickenT_12

Comments

• crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    Yeah, I don't understand how people are getting less than their scores on the previous system. Did you never even get close to your RSL on the old system?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    PigT_12
  • WolfegarWolfegar Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2017
    Then we must be stupid idiots...Thank you.......

How many of you used "real world money" to upgrade your stuff.....
    Maverick1969JayZ
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,422
    Let's assume @DLich was correct that you were getting to RSL16 in the old system to get to 250 stars.

If your survivors are level 15, then you should be starting around RSL10.

18+10 = 28
    18+11 = 29
    18+12 = 30
    18+13 = 31

At this point, you should already have 118 stars.

Now, you're going to start getting into three rounds per RSL.

18+14 = 32x3 = 96
    18+15 = 33x3 = 99

Assuming you could get through RSL16 before and assuming your survivors are level 15, you should be able to earn 300+ stars.

Instead of getting defensive, why don't you post your survivors and your gear? Chances are your gear isn't upgraded (if that's the case, see my PSA above) or you need to be more strategic on these levels.
    SCBMADLichT_12
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,642
    @Wolfegar , it would also be helpful if you can provide detailed questions that you have about the new system so we can help.

Under the old system 250-350 stars is really good. 250 is on the lower RSL, 350 means that the RSL is coming closer to the current system.

Is the initial levels to hard? If so, are your survivors leveled up? What about your gear?

Also are you in a guild? If not, find a good guild as they can provide you with individualized help.
    Wolfegar said:

Neither I nor my wife like the new challenge system. For one thing, I used to to be able to get upwards of 250 to 350 stars on my primary account and sometimes on my secondary account. The wife used to be able to get half my primary account's score each week. Now she is less than 80 stars and both of my accounts are less than half.

We're still scrapping most of the gear we get from those chests you click/tap at the end of each mission.

Our guys are getting damaged a lot more and spending more time in the hospital tent. (Which frankly needs way more beds.)

We both would like to be able to pick the starting level for the initial challenge starting point and then progress from there.

Does anyone hate this new system as much as we do?

• PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Wolfegar said:

Then we must be stupid idiots...Thank you.......

How many of you used "real world money" to upgrade your stuff.....

I don't think anyone said you're stupid. They did say you may be doing something wrong, i.e., that your play may not be as strategic as it could be.

I agree with everyone here that the new system should result in higher star output. I don't spend real-world money, but I could sometimes get 400 stars on the old system. Now I'm getting 800.

The key question people are asking is what level your survivors are. Without that information it's tough to know what's going wrong.

The old system has you beat up on low level walkers for most of the challenge. The new system requires you to face walkers close to your survivor levels from the start. One possible explanation for your trouble is that you are not accustomed to playing strategically.

You can get away with virtually any kind of play style against low level walkers. If walkers are close to, at, or beyond your survivors' levels, then you need to play more carefully, pay attention to where your guys are and where the walkers are, pick your targets, etc.

It's not about anyone being stupid. It's about whether you're playing this as a casual shoot-em-up or as a strategy game. Which is it? And, importantly, what level are your survivors?
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    T_12jimmorrison369Jaden
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    @Wolfegar - I'm similar to @Squall

Lvl16's for me going to lvl17 ATM. Previous map, I'd get to 300 stars, My worst on this challenge is 630. My top so far being 740.

I'd add to look at @JayZ post on upgrading gear. Even though i prepped Assault Rifles (Before challenge changed), I'm still ok kit-wise because of that, i upgraded much more kit vs last challenge setup

I'll also echo the comment of charging through old challenge lower levels - I used to run up to lvl12 with 3 assaults and just blast everything. It was stupidly easy, and risk free almost. Now, you have to think a bit more, and stragety plays a bigger part.

I'm firmly in the camp that a challenge should be a challenge. So i like the new system a lot in that way. Placement of survivors in order to block\target spawns, etc, all help in getting past missions you sturggle with.
    Squall_NML
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    edited March 2017
    @Wolfegar

Here's my guide to challenge 2.0 I made as I found the in game text extremely unhelpful and confusing. Whilst it doesn't contain any gameplay tips it does explain how the new system works and how you earn stars in it going forward.

I did ask for NG to consider putting it in game but they chose a video of the OMAARGAWD THIS IS AWSOMESAUCE variety instead!!!!

Hope it helps you anyhow.
    jimmorrison369p_herianJadenSugarBooger62