Story mission 12...is it beatable?

Comments

• dudemisterdudemister Member Posts: 12
    The key factor in both these posts and the title is "luck". Without it, this mission is impossible.
    Survivor6ix
  • Survivor6ixSurvivor6ix Member Posts: 131
    I did it 3 times in a row. Hardly luck. Stay at the top of the map. Don't rush, and the world is not out to get you;)
    jimmorrison369SCBMAdudemisterZenica
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    By the time the first raider is down michone is bleeding. I highly doubt will make it through next guy.

Not sure the planning on this mission but I don't think I will even bother if can't get past the starting learner easy missions.
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
    edited March 2017
    This mission is very poorly designed. Without severe amounts of luck, there is simply no way beat it. There is no way to avoid being stun locked into bleeding by the first freeman without Michonne dodging (luck). And the first freeman WILL attack and reach someone even if you do overwatch, so you have to go on the offensive. Literally, guns blazing. So much for quiet. At least 5 walkers total will spawn from rick using his pistol. Almost all of the walkers will spawn heading towards the survivors. Unless both Michonne and rick do maximum damage(luck) or crit (luck) the walkers will take two hits to kill. Using both charged abilities, two shots and two melee attacks, if you are lucky, you'll take out the second freeman in one round. If you open the door with rick, you risk Michonne dying because she was already used to kill the first and is in the red and will die in two hits from the freeman scout. Open the door with Michonne and rick will be in the red by the end of the fight and bleeding. Walkers will likely be spawning after the door is opened giving you no chance to stop the bleeding since they will all probably be in range and there will so many of them, michonne can't take them all, even if she killed them in one hit. Not to mention large and a normal walker that spawn to guard the exit. More luck required to kill the large walker in two hits, and the normal in one. So much for quick.

This mission needs to be patched ASAP. Its broken.

Edit. I am of course talking about the "hard" mission.
    Survivor6ixSCBMAKaLi
    bumshoe said:

By the time the first raider is down michone is bleeding. I highly doubt will make it through next guy.

Not sure the planning on this mission but I don't think I will even bother if can't get past the starting learner easy missions.

They either messed something up with the final coding or didn't test this mission.
    Zenica
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    I agree this mission just the preliminary ones are sheer luck and not worthy
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
    Zenica
  • MrRosadoMrRosado Member Posts: 120
    Once you get past the richonne part use your bruisers it helps it don't attract that many walkers and you can stun the free men 1st kill them or wait til the walkers come out for me it was only 1 or 2 kill those and get your special move go to the next freeman hit him stun him and do the same thing...it worked for me hope it helps for everybody else
    edited March 2017
    zbot said:

Merged, it's very doable just need to think outside the box and remember what Daryl taught you.

No, its not "doable" every strategy, every video requires luck. Either with dodging, or killing walkers in one hit. Why is it so hard to admit that the level is poorly designed? You claim its doable, show me a video where you don't need to dodge, Walkers can die in two hits instead of just one, and, without manipulation of walkers spawning or perfect manipulation of the AI.

Prove me wrong.

Zenica
  • Survivor6ixSurvivor6ix Member Posts: 131
    If you're someone who just wants to plow through the mission, yes it's impossible. IDK what else to say? I can pass it pretty easily. To each their own lol.
    SCBMATheLostOnesZenica
  • LucillesBoyfriendLucillesBoyfriend Member Posts: 35

So easy using this strategy

Just finished it on my second try by using this strategy, thanks
    Team Dwight
    Pain Walker
    edited March 2017

If you're someone who just wants to plow through the mission, yes it's impossible. IDK what else to say? I can pass it pretty easily. To each their own lol.

Prove me wrong. Show me a video where you don't need to dodge, normal walkers can die in two hits instead of just one, and, without manipulation of walkers spawning or perfect manipulation of the AI.

Oh, and if you are going to link this video . You also get to show me a strategy where the second freeman DOESN'T kill the first walker in one hit and where he DOES kill the second walker he attacks in one hit.

His strategy requires luck and not just perfect execution. If the video doesn't go exactly like it turned out for him (no body shots, normal walkers die in one hit from survivors, etc) it all falls apart.
    JayZPain Walker
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,646
    @dudemister do you want to complete the mission on your first try? You know it's only 1 gas so you can keep trying. It took me 26 tries

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    TheLostOnesZenica
    edited March 2017

Geez...u have many many ppl who have beat it now...it was hard until they figured it out...even if it takes a little luck here or there...everyone is getting that...it's the same Rick and michonne for us all!!!! U don't need certain gear or upgrades. .everyone is using same two people...

I lost like 4x...came on here...read some others and how they defeated it...and then I beat on my 5th try...

I took a beating with michonne from first savior...then kept distance from second and shot with Rick and made sure once savior came forward that he took the hits this time...killed him with michonne...

Now both are in red...went up top right...started unlocking car...3rd savior out of sight cuz of my placement....Rick kills a walker or two as they get close...michonne kills one...

Then I go to bottom of screen....to leave the savior busy with walkers...then the last spawn of the fatty comes and I'm way across screen so he goes towards savior...I move some...kill walkers...and then fatty has savior in struggle so they are both out of commission...and I make way to finish...both with just a sliver of red left...and I didn't dodge any hits...I took an ass-beating....but u still have to strategically place ur team and let the walkers fight for u at one point...u will not kill all 3 saviors without help...

But yea...nevermind the 50 ppl just on this thread that have passed it...they clearly ALL GOT LUCKY TO THE MAX while ur the only one not getting lucky from identical charactwrs....

Let me guess...now u want me to prove it to you??

You already proved it to me. That it takes luck. You admitted it yourself. And ya, 50 people out of million+ of people playing this game getting the luck required to beat the level. What are the odds of THAT? Oh, actually pretty good. But that doesn't prove that luck isn't a required factor in beating this level.

And ya, prove it to me. Prove that your strat can work with body shots and michonne and rick not killing walkers in one hit.
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    The hard mode sucked. The 5 trials were easy by comparison.
    GebobsMortmerZenicabigbeano
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,696
    @dudemister welcome to the forum, just in case, please take a look at the rules of the forum.

It's a game and we are all here to have fun and learn from the forum so keep trying. Just curious, how long have you been playing the game? Are you in a guild? The forum and your guild is a great place to learn about new strategy.
    TheLostOnesZenica
    JayZ said:

Just wanted to give a shoutout to @painclasher and his video. That was very masterfully done.

As you can see, his video required NO luck. Just strategic placement, some foresight and spawn blocking, using charged attacks, and using the map to his advantage (e.g., pitting the freeman vs. walkers).

He didn't dodge any Bruiser attacks, and his survivors only got two critical hits, if I recall correctly. One hit was from Rick's free attack, which is already a guaranteed critical. The other critical attack was when Michonne attacked the three walkers that spawned from the bottom. Two of them were killed with a normal attack, and the third was killed with a crit. Even if the third one hadn't been hit with a crit, Rick still had his AP and could have easily killed it.

Finally, to a certain extent, EVERY SINGLE THING IN THIS GAME BOILS DOWN TO SOME RNG AND LUCK. In challenges, you might get a favorable distribution of walkers when you spawn (or you might not), your piercing trait might kick in (or it might not) vs. that level 28 fatty staring you in the face, your survivor who doesn't have 100% stun resistance might escape getting stunned (or he might not).

There are some things that are simply out of your control, and that's a good thing, because otherwise the game would be boring. However, with a bit of thinking (I promise it won't hurt your brain too much), there are a number of other things that you CAN control.

If you don't want to think, go watch grass grow. Actually, on second thought, that's not the best example. Luck also affects the growth rate of grass (soil fertility, amount of sun, type of grass, humidity and water levels, etc.). If you want guaranteed, predictable outcomes every single time, you should go heat up some aluminum foil in your microwave instead!

Wrong. At 3:50 his michonne kills all the walkers in one hit. It is possible for them to not all die in one hit.
    edited March 2017
    zbot said:

@dudemister welcome to the forum, just in case, please take a look at the rules of the forum.

It's a game and we are all here to have fun and learn from the forum so keep trying. Just curious, how long have you been playing the game? Are you in a guild? The forum and your guild is a great place to learn about new strategy.

Are you accusing me of violating a rule of the forum? If so, please be specific.

Oh, but if you are looking for something that is a good candidate for a forum rule break Id check out JayZ's post a few above this one.

• bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    edited March 2017
    Why must they roll this mission out on a day where my nerves don't fell like playing really difficult maps! Disappointed in this new map,I don't think they thought this one through,I hope this doesn't frustrate new players into not liking the game...just sayin!

• TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    It's 80% strategy and 20% luck (or something like that) which is the perfect ratio for a fun map IMO.

If you think it's 100% luck-based you are either so awesome a player that the strategy-part comes so naturally to you that you don't even notice it. Or you are very green so the tactical moves that @painclasher executes go over your head.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    SCBMAPain WalkerPig
    edited March 2017

It's 80% strategy and 20% luck (or something like that) which is the perfect ratio for a fun map IMO.

If you think it's 100% luck-based you are either so awesome a player that the strategy-part comes so naturally to you that you don't even notice it. Or you are very green so the tactical moves that @painclasher executes go over your head.

Luck needs to be a 0% requirement. Luck should only ever help you, not its absence being a detriment.

Also, once again, people keep citing painclashers video and keep neglecting that things have to go perfectly with RNG or else the entire strat falls apart. I.E the walkers from the second freeman dieing in the right order, body shots, and walkers dying in one hit. All things out of the users control.

Sorry @dudemister then I think you play the wrong game.

Nope. Every level, every map in this game I've played thus far proper strategy won the day. And yes, luck helped when I messed up or helped me plow through. Not a single one required luck to beat it. This one, requires luck.
    SCBMAJayZPain Walkerwrinkled_bagZenica
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    I enjoyed it while it lasted passed first try all the way to completion what I really hate is this happened on my final mission