S7M Episode 12: Bogeys - Official Discussion Thread

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2017
    Funny Richonne were injured yet the summary still shows them as perfectly healthy. Is that a new feature?
  • soggybottomssoggybottoms Member Posts: 151
    Its nice to have a mission that you lets you appreciate your bruisers! Bruisers are the true forgotten class, lol :D
    DoTak
  • SmittySpivey3SmittySpivey3 Member Posts: 324
    Use overwatch for first turn, this allows a slice from michonne as bruiser moves in. After that, alternate which survivor takes the damage from the second bruiser. For the final with your own survivors I used Epic Jesus LvL 23 gear and a 23 scout. Fattie block defense if the freeman scout avoids the fattie.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    you can spawn block the scout that spawns when you start opening the door to the truck.
  • deadfan1972deadfan1972 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    This one is ridiculous. I'm giving up on it. I can't even get past the second try
    vixen243
  • hissyfithissyfit Member Posts: 10
    Is it just me, or are these bruisers regaining health? I thought I was back in Warcraft there for a bit. Where my pally at?
    vixen243
  • jamminjammin Member Posts: 55
    edited March 2017
    In one turn you can block the scout and one incoming NW walker if the timing works out. B)
  • stoneheartstoneheart Member Posts: 62
    Giving up also. Can't deal with the bruisers on steroids and the healing time for my best players being 2hours, it's all just a bit pointless.
    vixen243JayZ
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Hunter & Assault combo did it for me, and almost every Overwatch got an interrupt on the Freemen. At least 75% which was highly unusual but most welcome.
    Very much enjoyed that one more than the ones that you just blast your way through.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    zoson
  • tigerfeettigerfeet Member Posts: 54
    Did it on my second attempt in hard mode now to try it with my surivivors....I took out the first bruiser and then let the wave of zombies come in so I could then use them to build up my super, plus second bruiser is occupied with them. Double hit on him with rick then michonne in for the kill.
  • JumboSharkJumboShark Member Posts: 7
    Great, challenging mission! Thank you NG! Finally, it felt like a game, not an endless farm expedition :)
    JayZ
  • DerDer Member Posts: 54
    A long ranged shooter can take out the 2nd bruiser and the scout from such a distance that they represent no threat. Together with a hunter for the spawn, both stun resistant, and it is very doable. Anyway they have to be able to take some hits from the first bruiser without seriously getting wounded.
    zoson
  • TombworldTombworld Member Posts: 100
    Bruiser/hunter worked for me. The first enemy bruiser was easy, just stun and shoot. Since I never got the walkers to go after the second enemy bruiser, I had to draw him into my own bruiser's overwatch/stun by shooting him. The scout got into a struggle with a normal walker on the first four times, and the fifth time he spawned right next to my survivors but still got into it with one of the walkers that came from below. I had to kill the fatty every time, but saving the hunter's crit shot for it made it possible.

Still not happy that the second Rick/Michonne version required a video tutorial to complete, though.
  • vixen243vixen243 Member Posts: 100
    I give up. I've officially been trying to get past the last episode for 2 days. Eff it. I'm done.
  • clausLeneclausLene Member Posts: 69
    Bruiser/hunter. My best bruiser for stun, and Dwight with Hunter Desperation, and then some use of overwatch. I did use the trick with blocking the 3 freemen. (dont tell anyone) :wink:
  • clausLeneclausLene Member Posts: 69
    *add* Just talked to my wife, she used warrior/scout. So there are ways. :smile:
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 221
    I used Daryl and Rick. The key was that Rick was using a pistol with gold interrupt. I had Daryl shoot the freeman and then left Rick in overwatch. When the freemen moved to attack, Rick shot him and froze him dead in his tracks. Followed this process until the freemen was dead, then went for the next one. When walkers spawned took the opportunity to charge up both survivors but never actually needed the charged shots.

If the freemen got next to Rick before he "interrupted" him I just moved both Daryl and Rick so that they were at least one space away. Used these two and this strategy for all 5 missions and never took a single hit. Interrupt may be nerfed for high RSL usages but it works great in the Season 7 missions.
  • FelioFelio Member Posts: 103
    Even the people finishing it are using exploits. In addition to the spawn prevention, I am managing to shoot the second freeman as many times as I need to without him noticing.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    How are people still struggling to finish this?

1. Take a Bruiser (it can literally use level 1 equipment, as long as the Bruiser is the same level as your highest survivor) and a reasonably well-equipped Hunter.
    2. Stun the first Bruiser with your Bruiser.
    3. Attack both Bruisers with your Hunter. Your Hunter should be able to target both in one shot. For whatever reason, the second Bruiser will not come and attack you if you are 4+ grids away.
    4. After killing the first Bruiser, move closer to the second Bruiser and set your Bruiser on Overwatch. Keep your Hunter out of range.
    5. Continue using your Bruiser to stun the second Bruiser. Move your Hunter to the bottom right corner to clear the first wave of zombie spawns.
    6. Kill the second Bruiser by stunning and shooting him.
    7. Open the chest and wait off to the side so that the fatty engages with the Scout.
    8. Head for the exit.

Easy.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    1Riswrinkled_bagstoneheart
  • stoneheartstoneheart Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2017
    I DO use a bruiser and the first bruiser ALWAYS manages to evade my stun and then proceeds to batter my bruiser to death, thus ending the mission. I've tried with many possible ways and I still can't get past the first bruiser. Whoever designed this mission needs to be fired. This mission is about luck and that just plain sucks for those who seem to have run out of it!
    JayZalnod
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    @stoneheart then it sounds like your bruiser isn't leveled up. Your bruiser's stun will only fail if it is 3 or more levels below the enemy bruiser.

Don't blame the mission design for poor strategy and your lack of diligence in upgrading your survivors and your gear.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    wrinkled_bagalnod1Ris
  • ladyfarleigh13ladyfarleigh13 Member Posts: 94
    > @JayZ said:
    > Advice for trials:
    > 1. Bust out those nerfed interrupt weapons to keep enemy bruisers at bay.
    > 2. Use zombie spawns in your favor.
    > 3. Bring your own bruiser along (omg, a use for bruisers?!). Freemen can't dodge, so you can keep on stunning them and fighting the good fight. Accompany your Bruiser with an Assault or Hunter for crowd control when walker waves spawn.