Permanent solution for maxed supplies

Yes, I know there are dozens of threads about this topic. Maybe opening more will force NG to listen.
So, please make a permanent solution for maxed supplies. Doesnt matter if you change it later, but it should be always reachable.
It is a shame that you handle your _old_ playerbase like this.
biffleyvshield50TheLostOnesflyingcowkingGovernatorTheCrabjester_radicsGunny_Highway

Comments

• biffleybiffley Member Posts: 44
    Old playerbase is clearly not the target audience. They like the shiny new player base.

Only positive I can say about the full supplies, is that the storage now sits around being quietly useless rather than continually reminding me of its uselessness.
    8N8AkartikiATLAS-Z
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
    They said a month ago (more or less) that they had an idea for a permanent fix but they would need time to develop it. Meanwhile, I'm happy with the occasional item exchange, although the TG exhange was FAR better because you could purchase exactly what you want... or even hoard them if you prefer.
    ATLAS-Z
  • MortmerMortmer Member Posts: 169
    As I am 16M tomato cans away from being maxed I am willing to wait and see what happens in 2.5 where, I think I've read elsewhere, NG has said they will try and address this to some degree.
  • Council upgrade is not a permanent solution. It is only a short term, temporary.
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    edited March 2017
    Since NG offered an exchange in the past, and they are not offering it now, I'm going to assume that the data they got must have shown them that it was not a good idea...

I'm going to assume that it somehow translates into a loss in revenue...

nadecirCaptainslayerSlowMojimmorrison369
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 528
    There are pleny of players on here who like me buy weapons and armour from the store and then buy double xp and 24 hour gas to get it upgraded quickly and buy more gold to speed things up , the problem is when a new update comes out all that has been a waste of time and money because more powerful equipment is available. @ if people have bought equipment from the store then it should have the ability to level up in the same way that survivors do
    Wild Walking 1
    [Deleted User]
  • @vshield50 I mentioned this in another thread but I'll repeat it here. Modern games are a combination of code and data. The code uses the data to determine what happens. The data can be changed easily and by essentially anyone and uploaded to the servers. The bug with the reckonin was in the data; something like a boolean for will cause bodyshot set to false when it should be true. This literally takes minutes to change and upload to the servers to take effect.

Changing how the game behaves on the other hand; like what to do with maxed supplies is another matter. First, a solution needs to be proposed, then developers need to create a development branch and implement the solution. Once they think they have something that works they have to merge the current release branch into the development branch and make sure they didn't break anything or add a new bug. Then it all has to be tested. This has to be done in coordination with other development schedules and priorities. This takes months to accomplish whereas making a change to data takes minutes.

I hope this explains why they can nerf the reckonin in a matter of hours but take months to find a permanent solution to maxed supplies. This is not some nefarious plot by NG to upset maxed players so they leave the game or to force us to spend more money; it is a common condition of software development.

Lol what a BS. Ofc you are right in the normal development process, but 1st of all NG not uses it (every time they update you can see the lack of testing). 2nd they already have implemented, tested and used solution, they just switched it off.
    So pls stop BSing around.
    Dodkongblynknzvshield50jimmorrison369
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    @Marcus6253
    I agree/disagree. Yes things need to be created & tested etc etc but
    1 - As @R03 said, they have a solution, but they don't leave it in.
    2 - They actually spent a bit of time on the current solution which is a bit convoluted.
    -Where you don't get supplies from RSL 20 (which I believe applies to everyone, and if so disadvantages those not maxed)
    -Level 58 players don't get supplies at the wall.

Surely this time could have been spent sorting this out in a better way.
    And if they really don't want us to hoard TGs, then put a max on it like Supplies & XP. They could even allow the players that are already over that max to just keep their amount, but they can't get more.
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    idk and idc if there's a permanent fix but i'll be maxed out by the end of this challenge so PLEASE HAVE A SUPPLIES FOR GOODS IN TG SHOP EVENT next week. i was one of those that got banned for a week. if i'm maxed out, i'm sure plenty of other players are too. last time we were able to buy stuff with Supplies i ran out of Supplies so i've gone from 0% to 100%. It's time. Thank you so kindly.
  • feracolyteferacolyte Member Posts: 163
    i don't see why we can't keep an option to convert some tomatoes for gas (i.e. rufus' tomato distillery) once a day it every few hours so that veteran players can squeeze in a few more games per day. i've only recently maxed my supplies so i haven't been able to take much advantage of previous supply trades but i would feel really silly trading away all my supplies right before 2.5 for some random pieces of gear when i could really use those tomatoes to upgrade my council, training grounds and workshop. converting a few thousand tomatoes for gas would be a fair trade and accomplish ng's goal of encouraging more play and more ad watching
  • Whatever. Every product has a lifecycle. It is ofc very much depending on hw they make their product when is the end of life coming. For this game it is since 2-3 month in turning down phase. With their decision they can make it faster...Idc.
  • nickc25nickc25 Member Posts: 309
    R03 said:

Yes, I know there are dozens of threads about this topic. Maybe opening more will force NG to listen.
    So, please make a permanent solution for maxed supplies. Doesnt matter if you change it later, but it should be always reachable.
    It is a shame that you handle your _old_ playerbase like this.

You can't force anyone to do anything. The solution they brought out was pretty good, it takes a good month or so to max supplies again once you've spent the in the TG store, so the solution they've done works pretty well.
    Revolutiongamer is recruiting 200+ star players - search for Revolutiongamer and request to join today!

Join our guild chat with GroupMe!
    JayZ[Deleted User]Jaden
  • nickc25 said:

You can't force anyone to do anything.

Thank you Cpt. Obvious.
    nickc25 said:

The solution they brought out was pretty good, it takes a good month or so to max supplies again once you've spent the in the TG store, so the solution they've done works pretty well.

Thats an oppinion. Mine is surely completely different. So if you think it differently, then you should be happy, and leave the other (bigger part) of players say their oppinion without your BS.
    Jadenvshield50
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    R03 said:

Thats an oppinion. Mine is surely completely different. So if you think it differently, then you should be happy, and leave the other (bigger part) of players say their oppinion without your BS.

Why should only the people who share your opinion be allowed to post?

Last time I checked everyone was free to say their piece - without insulting others (you failed at that by calling the post @nickc25 BS).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,126
    edited March 2017
    Whether or not you think NG 'owes' anybody anything, whether or not you think NG has implemented a 'solution', it is clear that many people are unhappy with the maxed food situation as it currently exists. They are suggesting alternatives and wondering why NG maintains a situation with which they are unhappy.

Those who are not unhappy with the situation have no need to suggest solutions.

That is all. Not need for fuss.
    vshield50
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732

Whether or not you think NG 'owes' anybody anything, whether or not you think NG has implemented a 'solution', it is clear that many people are unhappy with the maxed food situation as it currently exists. They are suggesting alternatives and wondering why NG maintains a situation with which they are unhappy.

Those who are not unhappy with the situation have no need to suggest solutions.

That is all. Not need for fuss.

People are free to be unhappy and make suggestions, just I am free to voice my opinion that it is much ado about nothing.