Which Suggestions Should See Implementation First?

splaggsplagg Member Posts: 93
edited March 2017 in Suggestions & Ideas
Which of these ideas from the first several pages of threads in this sub-forum should the developers consider implementing into the game first?

You may notice one glaring omission from this list as it has been brought up so many times in so many different places that IMO, it would, without a doubt, win this poll by a landslide: Give those end-game players something to do with their supplies (aka food, tomatoes, etc.)

I also left off another highly requested feature because I strongly believe that implementation of it would severely damage the balance of this game and thus it will never actually come: The ability to trade equipment and/or supplies.

If you wish you could vote for more than one please make that clear in your comments and tag your friendly neighborhood NG staff!

Which Suggestions Should See Implementation First? 44 votes

Swapping gear (make it easier to exchange equipment between your survivors).
18%
InvaderFester17JayZJackBauerThe_JerwarsplaggWalkerWarrior 8 votes
Tagging gear for upgrades (make it easier to keep track of what you want to upgrade or create a queue for upgrades).
6%
bsgper4MLHMinistr 3 votes
The Walker Pit (correct the fact that not touching this building or upgrading the walkers within is the best Outpost defense).
0%
Improve the social aspect (expand upon the minimal in-game communication presently available).
2%
Scowley 1 vote
Hero tokens (fix the "token pool," enabling players to focus on unlocking and upgrading the heroes they want; also reducing the negative opinion of the community in general regarding additional heroes being added to the game).
43%
TransmuteJunjesterCarl_s_HatAkartikiggbatsCaptainslayerWahooDawgekimhclewDylanTL20szgerg77DeanTWDKillingLightjeffstasykJSS12YezidieTraxdungeonmaster201Justin_nmlProjectX7 19 votes
Notification management (increase the options regarding notifications, allowing players to select the notifications they would like to receive; add notification for XP/Supply/TG generator buildings being maxed out).
2%
General_Quatre 1 vote
Melee class improvements (In general: Hunters, Shooters, Assaults > Scouts, Bruisers, Warriors; balance is needed).
13%
PutchucoJulialiciousSynapseRangerLucillesBoyfriendzivaoliviaT_12 6 votes
Battle screen display (enable players to see character traits, gear traits, the name of the mission, etc. during a mission).
4%
David_H79TheBRADLeyB 2 votes
Other (explain below; please exclude suggestions in relation to the 2 mentioned in the poll description - maxed supplies and trading).
9%
JavierGarozTroublemakerShovelheadHarleyUni_Corn 4 votes
Putchuco

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Can't vote.
    1 - There are several of those that I would like to see immediately.
    2 - I don't see why the Supplies / trades option is not there.

What would be better is to link this to a third party polling app, where you can select multiple answers. That way you can include all the options, and get a good idea.

Or even better could be using a poll with a ranking system
    SCBMASpringChickenMinistr
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,168
    And remove the personal bias from the answers. Some of them I would choose but they are negatively worded so that makes me not want to select them.
    SpringChicken
  • splaggsplagg Member Posts: 93
    blynknz said:

Can't vote.
    1 - There are several of those that I would like to see immediately.
    2 - I don't see why the Supplies / trades option is not there.

What would be better is to link this to a third party polling app, where you can select multiple answers. That way you can include all the options, and get a good idea.

Or even better could be using a poll with a ranking system

The "capped supply" issue is not there because it is given in the description that it's more important than anything else listed here.

The "trading" suggestion is not there because it's not going to happen. I'll reference this post, from page 60 of the Suggestions & Ideas forum, created in November of 2015: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/297/trading-post-market#latest

@SCBMA I'm not a professional pollster and several of these I've brought up directly in their own post so I can't really eliminate my personal bias from this completely... but in the interest of having a more accurate result and enabling the devs to see what you would have voted for, could you give me a specific example of said bias, either as a reply here or PM?
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,168
    I would like to see the bug of only having 4 walkers fixed as a number one priority over everything else. It's a bug. Secondly, I would like to see different ways capture and upgrade walkers for the pit. Maybe a tomato exchange. But I wholeheartedly disagree that not upgrading your Walker pit is "the best defense" as you have it worded.

I think NG does a good job of reading the forum and incorporating player suggestions into the game, for the most part. So if this poll is to provide valuable feedback okay, if it's just a dig at them then I will pass on any further responses.
    Remnants
  • AkartikiAkartiki Member Posts: 143
    Hero tokens (fix the "token pool," enabling players to focus on unlocking and upgrading the heroes they want; also reducing the negative opinion of the community in general regarding additional heroes being added to the game).
    Melee class improvement is a very close second, by about .0001

"Dasein always understands itself in terms of its existence--in terms of a possibility of itself: to be itself or not itself." Heidegger
    splagg
    SCBMA said:

I would like to see the bug of only having 4 walkers fixed as a number one priority over everything else. It's a bug. Secondly, I would like to see different ways capture and upgrade walkers for the pit. Maybe a tomato exchange. But I wholeheartedly disagree that not upgrading your Walker pit is "the best defense" as you have it worded.

I think NG does a good job of reading the forum and incorporating player suggestions into the game, for the most part. So if this poll is to provide valuable feedback okay, if it's just a dig at them then I will pass on any further responses.

I was not aware of that being considered a bug. If that's true, it should definitely be addressed with priority. I like the idea of having different ways to capture/upgrade walkers in the pit but that whole system needs correction first.

Our present challenge is verifiable proof of your second point so I certainly agree. If I were just posting to criticize I wouldn't waste my time. I get the impression that there isn't a whole lot of that going on in this community and that's a big part of the reason I've invested into it.
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,393
    All this talk about melee improvement and make them closer to been as good as ranged class, going by ng's past decisions is only going to have further nerfs to range class and not an improvement of melee classes.
    When asking for things from ng always first think can they nerf something to get what i want if the answer is no (your probably wrong)
    But in saying that i chose heros because of the couple I actually want (and I also know it will never happen)
    Proud member of the Army of Slayers top guild in guild wars

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    splagg
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    edited March 2017
    Tagging gear for upgrades (make it easier to keep track of what you want to upgrade or create a queue for upgrades).
    Thanks for not adding the most talked abt issues into the poll as they would certainly gain unnecessary results as NG hears abt those tomatoes on a daily basis.

I chose upgrading equipment tagging (but specifically implementing a notification for what is currently being upgraded since its a mystery) since I posted abt this a while back. And frankly the fix is a relatively easy one but for some reason they choose to ignore. User friendly interface please!!

Second, I would pick melee class improvements without any sort of nerf to ranged class.

Just wanna say that hero class tokens I have zero issues with. I get them when I get them and I get them. Personally I don't get why so many people complain abt the heron token pool when they turn around and say they have better survivors anyway. *shrug*
    splagg
  • bigmacbigmac Member Posts: 131
    It is a very well written and your highlight points are very well on the mark. That would have taken me a long time to put together. Kudos for you you deserve a lollipop.
    splaggWalkerballz
    edited March 2017
    Haha thanks @bigmac

I could barely decide where to put my vote but I went with the equipment swap because it is presently adversely affecting my game. I think all of these are important updates.

@bsgper4 I mostly agree with "I get them when I get them and I get them." Hero tokens to me are ultimately just a bonus. But that means that I won't ever be able to get invested in improving any of my heroes. I would like the opportunity to focus on upgrading a few of them though...

@Captainslayer I haven't been around long enough to see the track record for NG in regards to balance = nerf but I'm familiar with that concept from other games. Fingers crossed that we'll see some melee improvements without seeing our precious ranged guys getting whacked.
    bsgper4
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,987
    I voted for hero tokens,. but the top things I would like to see are actual a council upgrade and more story missions!
    splagg
  • jeffstasykjeffstasyk Member Posts: 162
    i understand to a point the complaing about melee classes...but at the same time...in NO WAY should they be equal to the range classes...like no shot....if me and you are standing next to each other...and 10 ft away there are 10 walkers....5 coming towards me and 5 towards you....i have an assault rifle and you have a steak knife....i am going to fair WAY BETTER!!! lol...

"melee sucks at higher level"...well they should not do as well as guns/pistols/assaults...

"brought a knife to a gun fight" is a saying for a reason...guns are better/do more damage...

so i dont really know what everyone expects?? you cant have them all be the same...they arent the same...

yea bruisers pretty much suck...but they should suck compared to a ranged rifle...if i had the option i would like to shoot from 30ft away rather then have to get right next to a walker with a bat and hope i hit hard enough to kill
    splaggp_herian
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 132
    @jeffstasyk The counterargument to your observation is that this IS a game and game mechanics should be involved for balance and gameplay. Sure, while from a realism standpoint (or even TWD show view) your arguements make sense, they may not be fully transferable to how the game is set up. Since we have these classes in game, why not make them worth using? Although with that being said, I'm satisfied with my current strategies involving a mostly ranged approach to missions as it stands now anyhow.
    @TJCart posted a great suggestion for a fix to the hero "token pool" issue which currently tops this poll:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/24724/an-idea-for-a-change-to-the-hero-card-mechanics
    TJCart
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 712
    edited April 2017
    Melee class improvements (In general: Hunters, Shooters, Assaults > Scouts, Bruisers, Warriors; balance is needed).
    I wish i could vote for more, i would also like the ease of swapping gear "Change" and also the social aspect - GLOBAL CHAT!
    Alive!
  • Uni_CornUni_Corn Member Posts: 17
    Other (explain below; please exclude suggestions in relation to the 2 mentioned in the poll description - maxed supplies and trading).
    The one thing I really would like to see adjusted is the hard level of ordinary missions (which in part goes for other missions that increase in difficulty).

First to go is the increased chance of body shots.
    That does not make the mission harder - it only makes it more costly in terms of hospital time.

Second to go is equipment rewards reflected on SUGGESTED minimum level....
    ...wich then makes it into an ordinary, boring, mission for THAT level. Which, in turn, makes for a new suggested minimum level...
    Yes, there is a paradox at work here.
    Which result in body shots and equipment about two WEEKS ahead of time.

The only reason to do them at all is to use gold and also get the third trio of reward creates - for increased gathering of XP or resources.
    A not very fun reason.
  • ShovelheadHarleyShovelheadHarley Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2017
    I chose other. I completely disagree that my outpost can be attacked by players with survivors 4 levels better than mine. All of mine are 14 and I was attacked by 18s. Whenever I go on a raid, I never get the option to raid an outpost guarded by level 10s. I rarely even get to battle my own level characters​. I would like to see an implementation that gives me a random target with a range limited to one level lower to one level higher than my highest level survivor.
    Carl_s_HatUni_Cornsplagg
    > If you wish you could vote for more than one please make that clear in your comments and tag your friendly neighborhood NG staff!

Battle screen - it would help a lot to be able to remember what traits and skills the survivors bring to the mission.

Fix outpost, both as per above and per poll.
    Maybe foremost that opponents should be within range of each other.
    This would mean that you need to put together your team first thou.
    And then the opponent is chosen with the team in mind.
    ...and no pulling out without the otherwise usual "leave one behind".

Tagging gear - a lot easier to keep track of what you've decided regarding upgrading stuff.
    Quite often it is a close call which and what and who to make a priority for upgrading - it would be nice to have a little help with that, to not need to go through the thought process again each time.
    > @splagg said:
    > @TJCart posted a great suggestion for a fix to the hero "token pool" issue which currently tops this poll:
    > http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/24724/an-idea-for-a-change-to-the-hero-card-mechanics

Eh... That post is about something completely different.
    The poll question is about making it easier to swap equipment between survivors.
    Ie without the need to keep "stepping-stones" to make it possible.
  • Justin_nmlJustin_nml Member Posts: 5
    I voted for hero tokens, but I think the battle display is of similar importance (hate trying to remember which assault I gave the stun resistance to and which one I gave the wrestler to - can be the difference between winning and losing to get stunned/struggled because the wrong guy took the hit.)

Next on my list would be melee - strategic aspects of the game are limited by constantly having to blast away at high levels because melee can't have piercing, bruisers can't stun on body shots, etc.
  • ProjectX7ProjectX7 Member Posts: 156
    I wouldve said melee class improvement, because god melee has been screwed over way to much, but the fact of the matter is, there are so many hero tokens that it’s close to impossible to promote and upgrade hero’s without paying
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,096
    Other: fix the grind
    Mavericks Guild Family
    tabernac
This discussion has been closed.