14.3 Bug NOT Fixed

KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
I searched and found a discussion from January that said this particular bug is fixed. However, when I attempt 14.3 I'm getting the same problem...

I kill the freeman, my survivors have a short conversation, my objective is updated to save the prisoner, then the mission ends in defeat - I never get a 2nd turn. No other freemen around to attack anyone, my survivors are not injured (all perfect) and the other prisoners are NOT injured. I can not move forward in Episode 14 until I can complete this mission. Is this going to be fixed soon?

Comments

• KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
    So, am I just permanently stuck at not moving beyond chapter 14, mission 2 in hard mode? Is there no moving forward due to this bug? Are there any staff or moderators who can comment on this?
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,662
    @Kaitlyn , I know of a few users that recently passed 14-3 in Nightmare mode.

@TheLostSlayer could you provide some help for @Kaitlyn

@Kaitlyn , if you suspect a bug, could you provide video or screenshots?

DeadBeatT_12
  • DeadBeatDeadBeat Member Posts: 681
    Happy to help @zbot :smile:
    @Kaitlyn
    I used hunter & shooter.
    1st move was half a move. Shot the raider bruiser to get his attention & moved the rescue guy up & out of sight. Kept right at the beginning until I'd killed the bruiser. Then the spawn came & helped out with the pistol raider. Finished him off & fought through the 2nd spawn to the exit

Most of my guild has now completed 14.2 using the above method. Good luck you can do it! :smiley:
    DeadBeat - Leader Of TheLostSlayers UK Top 5: USA Top 15: Global Top 40:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    The New World Needs TheLostSlayers
    edited February 2017
    Sorry @Kaitlyn realised I gave the info for the wrong mission.
    14.3. You need a bruiser. (Even a green Negan will work well)
    On you 1st turn Shoot the guy at the alarm & then stun him with a bruiser.
    Open Angies cage 1st. Deal with the raiders then open the 2nd cage & get to the exit.

I hope this helps you. Good luck! :smile:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    @zbot, I'm not sure a screenshot would show anything. I'll have to try a video, I've never done it. But, it's pretty simple. After my first turn, the mission automatically ends in defeat without any damage to my survivors or the survivors I'm trying to save.

This is not a strategy problem, neither my survivors or the prisoners are touched by freemen or walkers. I'm not being allowed to get to my second turn. I'll try it again, but not too excited to waste 6 gallons of gas on nothing.
    Ok, I watched a video on youtube and tried again. I am 100% sure this is a bug. When starting this mission all survivors are to the far left of the screen with only 1 freeman in sight. He is supposedly the freeman near the "alarm". Even though I kill him on my first turn, I don't get the conversation they have on the youtube video that says "they didn't hear that, we're good", and then proceed with my next turn. I just get a conversation that says something like "we're screwed", then the mission ends in defeat with all 3 survivors in perfect condition. No 2nd turn and no reason to not have a 2nd turn.

It looks like I have to download an app in order to record game play. I'll have to look into it.
    edited February 2017
    @Kaitlyn are you sure the freeman isn't setting off the alarm?
    I can't remember whether you're supposed to be silent or not but as I suggested above using a bruiser to stun him on the first turn worked.
    If not then a video as you suggested would be very helpful.
    Good luck
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    Guapo
    @TheLostSlayer I don't think I have to be silent. The youtube video shows a team of 1 shooter and 2 hunters. There is not way he sets off the alarm as I kill him in my first turn, he never gets a chance to do anything.

Still trying to figure out how do do the video. I have an iPad 2, so fairly ancient tech.
    @Kaitlyn yes it definitely sounds wrong.
    if you have a Mac then it's very easy to video by using the built in QuickTime.
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
  • magger2magger2 Member Posts: 3
    I've tried with all warriors and have had the same effect. I killed the guy and the alarm still goes off how is this happening?
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    The first guy has to be stunned on the first round. That's it. Attack him immediately. If not he sets off the alarm and you get the we're screwed message. Use the bruiser as mentioned above.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    @magger2 so it's not just me.

@Guapo I kill him on the first round. Dead. On my last try I stunned him immediately, then killed him before the round ended. There is no way he triggered the alarm. This is why I believe it is a bug.
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    Odd. I stunned him with bruiser then went on with mission.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    This happened to me way back in the day. I don't remember what I did to make it to where I was able to go on. I believe I used all ranged survivors, so no stun. It just randomly let me proceed once after failing many times after killing him like you. Happened to multiple guild members too.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • Mr_ChonMr_Chon Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Apparently this is still bugged. I killed the raider on my first turn. He had no action so the alarm was definitely not sounded. Furthermore, my survivors said BOTH "they didn't hear that, we're good" and "we're screwed" which feels very much like a bug. I guess it's possible that one line was in response to the fact the alarm wasn't sounded (we're good) but the noise from the gun shot resulted in a (we're screwed)???? that sounds like a bug either way and a previous poster said that they did this mission with 1 shooter and 2 hunters which disproves that theory. I'm going to try the bruiser trick anyway I guess.