If I was a character in the Walking Dead

ChispChisp Member Posts: 45
edited March 2017 in Off Topic Discussion
If I was a Walking Dead character, I would want my weapons to be unique, like signatures, like Daryl's crossbow or Michone's katana. I think around the lines of a stop sign with spikes as a shield that could protect me and pierce a walker head too and a tomahawk combat axe maybe...not sure since this one wouldnt be so unique. At first I thought about n ice hammer, those used for climbing, but I guess it would get stuck in a walker's head easily.
What about you guys?

Comments

• wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 713
    ,Smear yourself in walker guts, then no weapon required.
    WalkerballzAudaciousCapybara69
  • ArtisansArtisans Member Posts: 729
    I originally thought I would carry a kick ass staff, but damn Morgan & the cheese man stole my idea. I actually have a machete, but Rick stole that idea. Maybe I could become a Phillips head screw driver expert.
    Retired, but not entirely dead.
    "Really? Good luck with that!"
    TheLostOnesDoTakJadenT_12
  • DeanTWDDeanTWD Member Posts: 187
    edited March 2017
    I think we all talk a big game but most of us would be walkers ;)

Who really wants to live in a world where an expired can of beans is a treat anyway!? :D

Living in England, my weapon choice is limited. I'd have to pick up a rollin pin or a hammer and try smash some skulls with those. Either way, my hands would be f**ked after a few days haha!
    ArtisansJadenT_12AudaciousCapybara69
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Artisans said:

Maybe I could become a Phillips head screw driver expert.

Go for Pozidriv! Check out those extra spikes ;)

ArtisansJadenszgerg77T_12
  • ArtisansArtisans Member Posts: 729
    @DeanTWD, just get to the nearest castle & pull up the drawbridge!
    Retired, but not entirely dead.
    "Really? Good luck with that!"
    JadenDeanTWD
  • xxarea83xxxxarea83xx Member Posts: 221
    Unique weapons can be fun. However, in a situation like that in the Walking Dead, simplicity can be more useful. This game has it right; guns, blades, bats, or any other blunt objects that are strong and sturdy enough that they could take them down. Best to hope for is that you'll have the mentality to kill them without hesitation.

On that note, I'd say @DeanTWD has it right. Its all talk until you're put in that situation. Even in TWD, I'm sure even some of the toughest SOBs didn't last a day.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

IGN: xxarea83xx
    Guild: Anti Walkers
    Player Level: 68
    AudaciousCapybara69
  • ChispChisp Member Posts: 45
    edited March 2017
    @DeanTWD my weapon choices are limited also, it would be limited to steak knifes and a Lucille I made myself, not with real barbed wire because of visits from my godson and the dogs. Even the dogs would be useless since they would likely hide behind me and bark at the walkers, attracting them to me.
    Best bet would be trying to make way to a gun store I know exists near my work, but since I live in such a densely populated city, that would be hard.
    @Artisans a screwdriver sounds cool, but unless you hit the eyes or ear, you probably need to use quite some strength.
    @xxarea83xx I know, but my idea was for if I was a series character, not if the zombie apocalypse was real...I would still try to fashion the stop sign shield

I have some Walking Dead themed decoration on my living room. My homemade Lucille, a gun replica behind a glass saying "break the glass in case of zombies" and a Rick action figure I got from a girl I used to date. I thought about getting a crossbow just for decoration, but they aren't cheap to be something I will hang on the wall and just look at times. Even toy crossbows, that I would have to paint to make it more believable and less like a toy, are harder to find and not cheap
    DeanTWD
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,950
    Sorry @Artisans , Andrea got that one as well

ArtisansJadenT_12
  • xxarea83xxxxarea83xx Member Posts: 221
    Fair enough, @Chisp. I'm just saying, as a Yank with ready access to guns beyond even the ones i own, even a firearms instructor will tell you, "I can teach you all i know about defending yourself, but i cant teach you what you're going to feel in said situation."

As far as the show, I'd rather be a new Abraham. Give me military tactics knowledge beyond weapons knowledge, plus the great one-liners. Being taken out by an evil force unseen is not a dishonorable way to go. So, my defensive tools would be a M4, semi-automatic pistol, and a full-tang fixed blade knife; going back to my original statement, SIMPLICITY
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

IGN: xxarea83xx
    Guild: Anti Walkers
    Player Level: 68
    AudaciousCapybara69
  • ChispChisp Member Posts: 45
    @xxarea83xx I do get you, if there were a zombie apocalypse, I would want a guy like you in a community I'd be in. I would be the guy bugging you to teach me to use firearms and ways to survive, even that I would end up being known as the crazy guy with the stop sign shield
    AudaciousCapybara69
  • SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    Unfortunately I'd have a baseball bat to defend myself so I would be a bruiser as well....
    Good luck, dumbass
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Spiked shields.
    The targe is one. Spike screwed into a lump of lead in the boss. Not as easy to use as you'd think. Er, that's what I've heard.
    Another they called "Hungarian" in Talhoffer's book. (Picture)
    There's also a weird contraption called a lantern shield. A bit of a later invention, kind of the Swiss army knife of shields.
    I like your thinking.
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @GrimGael
    So this lantern shield, can I assume it has a bottle opener and corkscrew? Because that could come in handy when scavenging the local liquor emporium
    Search on google. I've seen some things, but they look really crazy.
    After some thought, I've determined that I'd be the blacksmith at hilltop. Spears for everyone, lol.
    Jaden