Supplies for equipment

This weekend we can trade supplies for equipment. Lol
Anyone here who wants to exchange his supplies for Level 20 gear?
I don't think so. ;)
PowerUKgespuerJadentomducat21blynknzBBRi

Comments

• TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412

if they're not maxed out they really should not be trading supplies for gear :expressionless:

They should really be spending it on more useful things like the walker pit, radio tent, and getting their supply storage limit up to 17+M :wink:
    mostlyharmlessMaverick1969GovernatorJaden
  • feracolyteferacolyte Member Posts: 163
    it just seems very shortsighted to spend 4mil on a level 18 legendary knife when the same investment would grant you access to the possibility of a plethora of epics and legendaries
    xbamfxMaverick1969crambert_necJaden
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    Maybe in the long term, but if I were at council 19 and only had upgrades left for buildings that I didn't consider very useful, I would feel tempted by a sweet legendary lvl 20 weapon for my probably under-geared, relatively freshly promoted lvl 20 survivors. Besides getting geared up early wouldn't hurt for that eventual grind of trying to find the rest of your "perfect" weapon roster in which you'll have plenty of time to level up the rest of your buildings anyhow.
    i agree with getting good starting level 19 or 20 gear but there are way better ways to do that than burning supplies you would need. 4 million supplies would mean you have to run 114+ scavenge missions where you average 30000 supplies per scavenge. that's 684 gas where you specifically choose the supplies scavenge which limits the amount of epic/legendary gear you get since the gold crates will be more likely to have 30k supplies instead of good gear. also note that people who freshly upgraded their council, training grounds, and workshop to max would not have tomatoes lying around
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    From the other thread complaining about this, and intended for maxed players:

I just did the little trade. Don't let frustration cloud your reasoning. Came out of the shop, harvested the farms, killed 3 wall walkers, and I'm full again with a gold box to show for it. And I'm going to do it every time. Just stay away from the big trade unless it's worth it to you, personally.
    I'm not about to complain about free stuff.
    General_Quatre
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I think it's a bit late, but now my farms are working again. It's the lack of production that annoyed me, I always stuck it out and upgraded farms first after council when I was itching to do training grounds or workshop. So I did discipline myself over farms, and to see them sit idle is mildly annoying. Now, that's solved for the moment. Sure, I'd love to see a permanent solution, just like I'd love to be able to scrap gas for xp if on a booster or 1 min gas day. There’s a lot I'd like for my personal convenience, sure.
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    I'm maxed, and even I'm tempted by some of the deals. Personally I'm so lacking in the gear department that good lvl 20 gear is also still likely to get good long use in my game. Just today I got a nice epic scout weapon I'll likely hold on to and upgrade.

That said, I'm not spending until the update (supplies or otherwise).
    Maverick1969vshield50
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    @GrimGael I bought 16 gas and my farms were full, so now theyre working again and I had those supplies waiting
    VerbaubGrimGael
    GrimGael said:

I think it's a bit late, but now my farms are working again. It's the lack of production that annoyed me, I always stuck it out and upgraded farms first after council when I was itching to do training grounds or workshop. So I did discipline myself over farms, and to see them sit idle is mildly annoying. Now, that's solved for the moment. Sure, I'd love to see a permanent solution, just like I'd love to be able to scrap gas for xp if on a booster or 1 min gas day. There’s a lot I'd like for my personal convenience, sure.

true that, spent 800k supplies, got 200k back. assuming no update until the end of this challenge, should be back to max in 3 days
    GrimGael
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    The timing does not surprise me. I have been at level 58 for months but I have never have maxed out supplies. Every time I get close, they offer goods for supplies so I trade in my supplies to avoid seeing that ugly orange box.

Question is: now that the council upgrade is around the corner, is now the right time to trade in supplies?