Level 20 pink star survivors and level 21

MortmerMortmer Member Posts: 172
I'm curious since it seems we will soon have level 21 survivors how will level 20 pink star survivors be upgraded to level 21?

Will the keep their stars and go through the normal upgrade? Will their stars be converted to points that will be used to upgrade to level 21?

Thoughts?

Comments

• paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    My guess is it will just cost more xp, the same as how (for example) it cost more to level an epic than it does a rare.
    RedEye52
  • MortmerMortmer Member Posts: 172
    @Shut_Up I meant tokens used for upgrading skills and buying pink stars.

I am curious since I am wondering how they will determine the amount of experience needed to upgrade to the next level and if/how that will vary due to the star count.
    Shut_Up
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited March 2017
    In that case the amount of XP needed and time is determined by the original starting level of the survivor and not rarity. I was posting about this in another thread but I believe a survivor that was found with an original starting level of 10 it was 1.04 million XP and either 24 hours or 23 hours and 45 minutes to upgrade from 19 to 20. If that survivor was found at level 11 it would be 30 minutes less and like 1.03 million XP.

Customer service figured this one out for us a few months ago why different survivors had different training times and another poster had asked customer service the same question and passed the info on in here. Sorry I can't remember who originally posted this info or give them credit.
    MortmerSCBMATJCartJaden
  • DCNatsDCNats Member Posts: 223
    @Mortimer I can confirm that upgrading the level of a survivor with at least one pink star doesn't affect that survivor's star. I have a pink star scout that was under lvl 20 that I upgraded and it had no impact. I am assuming leveling up pink star survivors to lvl 21 would work similarly.
    MizTy
    @JayZ Those were the reasons I was asking. ;)

It wasn't clear in the notes for the update.
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,193
    @JayZ I agree! I don't know what there is to disagree about with my post, but if someone does, I welcome the discussion.

Yes, if they took away the stars, that would be a serious kick in the pants to people who have spent real money on this game, and I just can't see NG doing that...
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Pink stars survivors are no different than the difference between legendary, epic, rare, etc. survivors. Don't understand the confusion here.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    JayZPapacasCamel56
    @crambert_nec My confusion is that pink stars were added as a way to progress survivors past level 20. Now that they can, apparently in 2.5, be promoted past 20 led to my question.
  • DCNatsDCNats Member Posts: 223
    No, they were introduced as a way to progress past legendary status. Level is irrelevant.
    crambert_necAngieMathesonCamel56
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @Mortmer pink stars are tied to rarity/tokens. Survivor level is tied to xp. They are two separate things.
    crambert_nec
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Exactly. Pink stars are essentially 6 star, 7 star, etc. survivors, just like how epic is 4 stars, legendary is 5 stars, etc.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • CapletonCapleton Member Posts: 441
    According to the fact that 5/6/7 star survivors have to stay the same time in hospital when getting injured it would make no sense if you'll need more XP to train them.
    Moriturus te salutat

Found his home in Asylum
  • AngieMathesonAngieMatheson Member Posts: 93
    Just started lvl up Morgan to 21, it cost now 1.7M Xp, Xp tents goes up at 6M supplies each, 12M supplies for the workshop... that is harsh, like 20 days farming with max farm plots to reach just 6M
    Lone wanderer
  • ColMatrix25ColMatrix25 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2017
    > @AngieMatheson said:
    > Just started lvl up Morgan to 21, it cost now 1.7M Xp, Xp tents goes up at 6M supplies each, 12M supplies for the workshop... that is harsh, like 20 days farming with max farm plots to reach just 6M

Hey Angie. I was lucky enough to be able to get on yesterday and upgrade all my farms and was basically left with no supplies. Since about 7am yesterday I'm back up to about 1.5m supplies. I'm only playing challenge missions right now to supplement farming. I worked out the numbers and it should take me a little more than 5 and a quarter days to get to 6m supplies. It could be faster than that I suppose if you only do supply scavenges.

Let me just add that is with upgraded farms.
    AngieMatheson
    @ColMatrix25 thx for sharing this example,
    the point is probably that I scavenge and challenge only for XP (maybe looking for a higher guild ), as even when u upgrade training ground +workshop, still u have to save lot of xp I have 2 lvl 21 on my 26 survivors - fortunately council lvl 20 helps storing 4.750 000 xp, that is my next goal while upgrading one survivor til another.
    Scavenging more supplies should help also upgrading the Xp tents first (12M) gotta make hard choices !
    Lone wanderer
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @AngieMatheson Another trick is, during times when you're at max XP in between Council Upgrades, to upgrade crappy gear. You get 25% of that XP back when you scrap it, and it's basically "free XP" since you would most likely regain the lost XP in a day or so. I've been doing that steadily for a while and have about 14M of these "XP Batteries" that I will scrap once I have upgraded my Training Grounds and Workshop and am in that lovely XP-Bottleneck with which we're all so familiar.
    AngieMatheson
    @General_Quatre +25% xp scrapping upgraded gear ?
    Wow that is precisely what I was wondering : I found lvl 21 gear that goes up to lvl24 but mostly common -comparing to my lvl23 legendary gears, I didn't know what to do with most of that lvl 21 to 24 gear with very weak traits, and now I know ! ☺
    Thanks for the intel !
    Lone wanderer
    General_Quatre