Gold cost to upgrade Training Ground/Workshop (NOT immediate)?

Anyone finished upgrading Council: if you have 0 supplies left, and you click Upgrade on Training Ground (or Workshop), how much gold does it cost? I noticed it's ~5800+ gold to do it IMMEDIATELY as per @Terminates' video, but what if I'm not bypassing the time restraint?

As in, how much gold = 12M supplies? Is there a formula for this?

Comments

• feracolyteferacolyte Member Posts: 163
    i thought there was a supplies and time component.

for example if i pay 2mil supplies it will ask me for ~250 gold for the 24 hours or so of upgrade time.

if i want to upgrade without using supplies it's like 1259 gold for instant upgrade. i would guess that 1000 gold is for the 2mil supplies and 259 is for the 24 hour upgrade time but not sure if it's exact.

my take on it is that upgrading farms with supplies makes the most sense since that's really the only use for that currency and we have it in abundance. it doesn't make sense to spend gold to speed up because you could be using the upgrade time to farm more supplies for your next upgrade. it will cost at least 24mil supplies to just upgrade the farm and tents, not even including the council, workshop, and training grounds. unless of course you buy a gas booster, then feel free to spend the 200 gold to speed up your upgrades and maybe buy a full supply bundle if available for maximum efficiency
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    No I know, I have enough supplies for 6 farms AND the council (18M+, which I had stored). But this would be put me at 0 supplies, at which point I was considering upgrading my Training Grounds using Gold (without the rush option, so I would let it take the 2 days). My question is how much would it cost to buy the Training Grounds upgrade using only gold?
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    From an accidental screen shot I took a while ago, 2.3 M supplies = 1174 gold.

I think the conversion rationis 2000 supplies = 1 gold, so it should cost about 6000 gold to upgrade your Workshop or Grounds (without paying to speed it up).

Not sure if you buy gold, but if you do spend money on this game, you are much better off buying a full supply bundle than paying for straight gold if you want these buildings to be done.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,562
    edited March 2017
    Check here. It's a little outdated and the supplies to gold ratio goes way up the less you need.

On "average" it's 120K supplies to 100 Gold.

*note - based on @JayZ numbers 2.3 million supplies for 1174 gold is equal to 195,911 supplies for 100 gold. This is a better ratio as I mentioned above because the larger amount of supplies you need to complete something the better the ratio of supplies to gold you'll receive (but you're spending overall more gold).

As you get closer to 0 the number is way higher. Meaning 195K supplies for 100 gold is what you'll expect to see when you need 2.3 million supplies. But 120K supplies for 100 gold is what you'll expect to see when you need around 230K supplies.

The formula for gold to supplies is not linear. The formula for gold to xp is linear

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Gindyant
    Thanks guys, but so far the numbers don't seem to add up. By those numbers, 12M supplies would be 10k gold, but in terminates video it shows instant training grounds as 5800 (so without instant it should be a bunch less). Just trying to figure out that magic number.

If anyone finishes their council with close to no supplies, see if you can click on TG upgrade button and see how much it says to "use gold to buy missing supplies"

I don't pay money for this game, otherwise yeah I'd just get the full supply bundle then upgrade TG
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    edited March 2017
    @DLich is 100% correct on the soup-to-gold exchange rate. It's anything but linear. More like a cubic equation. If things haven't changed, 300k soup needed is the break-even point where,
    * if you need less than 300k soup to complete you pay more gold and your exchange rate gets worse and worse the closer you get to 0.
    * the further you get from 300k soup, the better your exchange rate is

I sat down quite a few months ago and tracked exchange rates for a week to try to figure out the formula. In the end, I designed the following formula for you to use to get the biggest bang for your gold:
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,562
    edited March 2017
    @Gindy it's also helpful to understand when NG offered the supplies for TG exchange (which is no longer offered anymore) that it was 100K supplies for 400 TG's or 2.5 mil supplies for 10K TG's.

120K supplies = 100 Gold = 500 TG's (at the time, I believe the TG to Gold ratio has since been changed) so this was a relatively fair offer.

100K supplies for 400 TG's = 80 Gold (at the time) = (if linear which it's not) 125K supplies for 500 TG's = 100 Gold.

It's a moot point now but when NG did offer us to trade our supplies for TG's it was a very fair trade.

Going a step further (again using the old formulas) we can see that Legendary crates should be no more than 2 million supplies based on the gold conversion rate at that time. Now I understand Shteevie said that it shouldn't be looked at regarding "all things being equal" but absolutely the more supplies are needed to upgrade a building, the better "supplies to gold" ratio you get.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Gindy
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    @General_Quatre see screenshots
    Hope this helps
    @David_H79 Wait a sec, if you already have 10.78M supplies stored, why is it saying you need to buy an additional 10.92M to complete the upgrade..? I don't speak German, so maybe I'm misreading something.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but buying ~11M supplies would cost 5000 Gold, yeah?

If so, bummer...that means the 2-day time component really only amounts to ~800 of the 5850 gold needed for immediate upgrade. 5000 to upgrade is still WAY high!
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    I had only 1 Mio stored.
    @General_Quatre
    Oh lol I totally counted an extra 0 in there. Okay, so 11M supplies cost 5000 gold, so 12M would be like 5500. I guess the "immediate" time really only shaves off a few hundred. Bummer!! No way am I spending all that gold!
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 586
    @Gindy

The fact that u took the time to put that graph together is just awesome... the graph itself brought a smile to my NG-angry face...

Thank you!
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    Gindy
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    The line is not linear
    Ie. 1 gold = 100 supply
    2 gold = 200 supplies
    3 gold =300
    etc, Where they all average out to 100

But I believe the growth in the cost is linear (or near abouts). So if you averaged the cost, it will would be a linear growth
    ie.
    1 gold = 100 (average 100)
    2 gold = 210 (average 105))
    3 gold = 330 (average 110)

• TerminatesTerminates Content Creator Posts: 942
    Do these help, babe? ;p

Need some visual stimulation?
    Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    Join the EH family and party with me!
    Omg @Terminates did you just call me babe <3<3<3
    Terminates