I lost my account: SOLVED

RapaxRapax Member Posts: 256
Hi @zbot, @Teeceezy and everybody,
I'm one of you who has lost his own progress after 2.5 update. But I solved it on Android device:

I unistalled completely the game from my android device.
Then I installed the game without lunching it.
Then I selected my googleplay account and I launched the game from there.

After a while the game recognized my googleplay account and push me back to level 58!
Cheers

Comments

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Hey @Rapax, glad to hear it! We've rolled out fixes to account linking so many players with similar issues should also see their accounts re-appear. :)
    Rapax
  • RapaxRapax Member Posts: 256
    Perfect @Teeceezy :smile:
  • MatiasArgenDeadMatiasArgenDead Member Posts: 43
    I still have no solution and just an automatic message.
    Its not just only that I can't play, but also that I am the guild leader and still appear in the guild as my teammates told me. I guess being a guild leader is much more problematic because who is gonna kick me out of the guild if I won't be able to recover all my game progress?
    This is so frustrating. I want someone to tell me if I'm going to recover my progress or If I have to forget it.
  • THCrossTHCross Member Posts: 474

@Rapax
    Tried that after maintenance end it didn't catch; second try- even played tutorial - no again; third - still waiting for a miracle
    So would you be ever so kind to do a step by step guide for dummies
    Show of hands Me :o
    posthuman
    edited March 2017
    Fourth time not a charm even worse now wants to load end of tutorial
    So I guess my killing spree is over
    :'(
    posthuman
  • RapaxRapax Member Posts: 256
    Ehi @THCross ,
    This is again what I done (Android device):
    1) Uninstall the game (completly removal, in case a dialog box appear, asking you what you want uninstall)
    2) Reboot your device
    3) Install TWD NML again WITHOUT launching the game after installation.
    4) Tap on the google play games icon (green gamepad icon in my device, see picture in attachment)

5) Find The walking dead an tap on the icon

6) Then push the green triangle for lunching the game from there

7)After the first video in the game, the device proposed me to recover the game at level 58 (which was my previous level before update 2.5).

That's it! Of course, this procedure worked out for me, but maybe not for all of you.. My suggestion anyway is that you should follow the instruction provided by mods and/or developers of this game.

Good luck

THCross
    edited March 2017
    @Rapax
    Tanks did all that even manually disabled app contact from Google settings​ and unplugged battery for a while just to be sure
    Send the out of game support request just now and actually cried writing down all details that I remember especially playing since December 27 2016 level 39 heroes 13/17 tier 3020 e.c. ...
    :'(
    posthuman
  • Hashtag_awesomeHashtag_awesome Member Posts: 1
    I lost my game too, did all the steps told by the administrator and all it did was restore the game that had been created after I lost my information. This really upsets me because I was Level 43, had a mix of level 15/16 survivors, and I'm guild leader. I've spent a decent amount of money on this game and I'm not starting over. So if it can't be recovered, I won't be playing anymore.
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,652
    @Hashtag_awesome when you say admin do you mean support? If you mean support please send them a follow up in game support request and they can help.
    @zbot
    Forgive me again
    But do you mean
    - send out of game request / receive do not respond email/
    - load new unwanted account
    - send again /flud support/ in game request
    Just to be idiot /me/ clear
    posthuman
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,652
    @THCross if you've already sent a request and received an automated message, wait for support to respond.

If support responded and it didn't solve the issue follow up with support.
    @zbot
    I was the one haunting you for the disappearing in game message
    On the response out of game email I got tho I think has like a title with one of the first messages i send
    posthuman
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    edited March 2017
    @THCross Don't worry, I can assure you that your account is safe and sound and support will be able to return it soon.
    JadenWalkerballzRuh
    edited March 2017
    @all
    Even if I get it all back would live in Fear of vengeful admin & support cuz I overflooded them O_O
    Last Hope
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/24257/extended-weekend-event-one-minute-gas-jackpot-weekend#latest
    posthuman
    Jaden
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    @THCross
    I am sure they are all nice people and will understand. :)

Still keeping my fingers crossed!
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    THCross
  • Moonbeam1982Moonbeam1982 Member Posts: 5
    Na just loads to level 1. My original game is there on Google play but it still won't load on the game app

Na just loads to level 1. My original game is there on Google play but it still won't load on the game app

Did you disable > Google settings > Connected apps > Walking Dead
    posthuman
  • Moonbeam1982Moonbeam1982 Member Posts: 5
    Yes it lets me reconnect but only to a level one game I was on level 50
    Sorry to say but we're​ in the same boat then but your luggage is 11 parts bigger
    Haunting the forum is the lost souls go to methadone >:)
    posthuman