PSA: is your account lost or just misplaced?

zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,805
GC = Game Center, GP= Google Play.

Most users can retrieve their account by closing the game from the background, checking if they are signed in with the right GC/GP account, then open the game and wait till GC or GP shows a banner or welcome message. At that point only they need to tap the settings icon and tap on the GC/GP button. It will then tell them which account is attached and will be loaded.
If it says empty, repeat reloading the game and waiting for the GC/GP message or banner and repeat the last steps.

If you've tried this and it doesn't work then your game is lost. Please contact support.

Comments

• Jade333Jade333 Member Posts: 93
    Appreciate the step by step instruction.
  • THCrossTHCross Member Posts: 494
    edited March 2017
    Only one account and with my luck I will be the one and only truly lost account since existence and will haunt forum for eternity or at least till maintenance doesn't kick me out Into the Badlands®
    posthuman
    rebecca38341884
    @zbot @Teeceezy

Max just got off the phone with Google to see if they could fix his account and take that route instead of going through NG. Here is what he was told, this is a quote from him: (Edited for punctuation)

"Well just got off the phone with her at Google and everything is up to par on their end. She said I need to go through the developer again and see what they do, try one more time, if they can't fix it then at that point Google will step in refund whatever they can and it will reflect extremely badly on the developers. She looked into it and it shows that they have been working on this issue for several people throughout yesterday but it also shows that the problem should have been fixed already. So I guess I should message them one more time before having Google follow up on it."
    ggbats
    Got to say after initial troubleshooting
    Send GP support plea for account retrieval and not a peep. Should've known to call
    posthuman
    Jade333ggbats
    @THCross yes try calling them. If you make contact, please let us know what they say.
    THCross
  • MLHMLH Member Posts: 82
    Lost. It is lost. Not misplaced. Tried the procedure here and in the ongoing help conversation. No joy.
    @zbot @Teeceezy
    Max's account is up and running again. Thank you very much for assisting us with communication on this and asking NG for some urgency. I really appreciate it and he is super happy to be able to play as we are to have him back in the guild.
    High five guys. Thanks so much!

Let's hope everyone else's accounts are up and running smoothly soon too.
    THCross
    @Jade333 At this hour congrats
    Hope! Is it you?
    posthuman
    Jade333Jaden
  • OGDEEBOGDEEB Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2017
    I have tried everything and no luck, my Google account loads but it will not load my active game. I am stuck at level 1, my game is lost, please help!
    Walkerballz
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,805
    @OGDEEB if that didn't work please submit an in game support request for lost account

Instructions here

https://nextgames.helpshift.com/a/the-walking-dead-no-man-s-land/?l=en&s=my-account&f=i-lost-my-game
  • NeoTheOneNeoTheOne Member Posts: 83
    "misplaced" LOL (use in a sentence) I have misplaced my refrigerator.
    Jade333Jaden
    @THCross What's the status of your account THC?
    "Is it you?"
    Is the missing account mine? No, one of our guild members accounts was missing but now it is back up! Hoping everyone's is as well.
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 599
    Has anyone figured out why so many people lost their game after the 2.5 update? We had a lvl 48 who is currently a lvl 5 after her restore. This player hopes it gets fixed soon, or she has no reason or desire to start at lvl 5. She has contacted support, but I'm sure they're swamped!
    Because zbot is bored so they gave him things to do?
    Every update there's massive glitch. For this update, this is one of several glitches. Just a guess - maybe it was allowing people to change IGN.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    We might lose a player because he was told it would be fine to switch accounts again, advised him what to do, now he can't log into either of his accounts. Not happy...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    edited March 2017
    Zilch :*
    In game message gone again
    Idea >
    Android !?
    posthuman
    @THCross did you reinstall the game?
    @zbot
    No around 3am checked to see .. nothing, lost connection right away, close app, sleep time and here we are again :*
    posthuman
  • OGDEEBOGDEEB Member Posts: 7
    @zbot I have submitted my account information quite a few times, hopefully it will get resolved soon
    Walkerballz
    edited March 2017
    @THCross good to hear that your game is back!

@OGDEEB FYI: submitting multiple support request about the same issue doesn't help it just puts you further back in the line.

PM me your player name, player level and guild and I can follow up with support but it's the end of the work day in Finland so it maybe Monday if support hasn't responded.
    THCross
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807
    My lost account was recovered! Many thanks to @Teeceezy and @zbot for their help in getting this resolved.

Best of luck to @THCross and the remaining lost souls.
    THCrossJadenJade333
    @tabernac thank you for the update and patience.
  • PlusminusPlusminus Member Posts: 7
    After 3 days sending emails each days, im feeling gonna give up trying to recover my accounts. Im just not sure what else to do right now. Waiting and hoping? @zbot you my last hope. Im pm you directly.
  • TibikeeTibikee Member Posts: 1
    Mine is lost too, kinda anoying after 5 days
    Ruh
  • MLHMLH Member Posts: 82
    Don't give up! I just got mine back!
    Jade333THCross
    @mlh congrats and welcome back!
  • nickc25nickc25 Member Posts: 309

This is the last player in our guild who hasn't hot has account back, he's tried signing into Game Center and it's still started a new game. He's a newer player who we have been helping, I think he feels like giving up. He's contacted support but no reply.. thanks
    Revolutiongamer is recruiting 200+ star players - search for Revolutiongamer and request to join today!

Join our guild chat with GroupMe!
  • BaseEcoBaseEco Member Posts: 6
    Hi to all. A little cuestion... if I have not recovered my progress game yet, how can I benefit from the special jackpot? I mean... when I recover the progress will lose the items? It's confusing to me... BaseEco out.
    ggbats