Why raise training cost by 40% ?

It takes 190k to upgrade my survivors from 12 to level 13 now... before the patch it was around 130k...

Why was this not in the Patchnotes?
Or is it a bug?
z3r0d4z3RedEye52T_12jbowersstick_ninja

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,597
    Are you sure this happened? All of my survivors are level 20, so I haven't looked at training costs in a while, but I do know that there are differences between upgrading a pink star survivor vs. upgrading a rare survivor. Usually, the higher the rarity, the higher the training costs. Is that what might have happened in your case? (I certainly hope so, for everyone's sake)
    SamstownT_12
  • ProkktorProkktor Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2017
    Yes I upgraded most of them last week, it always was 126k/132k/136 or even less for the 1/2 Star Heroes... now my leftover 4-Stars cost 188k the 5 Stars and Heroes are all upgraded so I can only see one price... but I am sure
    Knightmare
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Rarity shouldn't have anything to do with it.
    Please do read my post... if I upgraded "lvl 12 5 Stars" last week for 136k and now "lvl 12 4 stars" cost me 188k then the raised the cost by around 40%... i also upgraded 4 stars last week for 126k or 132k...
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,597
    You're right, I mis-interpreted your post. I'm sorry your upgrade costs have gone up. I hope that gets fixed soon.
  • JaraxleJaraxle Member Posts: 14
    I have no change in training cost between people...but a change in overall cost...going from 16 to 17.
    Yesterday it was 473k for 5*...today...everyone is 533k.
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    In the middle of survivor upgrades and every single one that hadn't been upgraded from 16 to 17 pre update now says 533.9 to upgrade regardless up rarity, class and strength. Prior to the update everyone had a 400k+ range but no one was at 500k.

Yo. This better be a bug.
    1RisCaptainslayerT_12
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 713
    Prokktor said:

Please do read my post... if I upgraded "lvl 12 5 Stars" last week for 136k and now "lvl 12 4 stars" cost me 188k then the raised the cost by around 40%... i also upgraded 4 stars last week for 126k or 132k...

Prokktor said:

How can I unread your post ? Stab tooth picks into my ears. Lol
    bigbeano
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    Has anyone asked the devs? @Teeceezy @Shteevie
    bsgper4
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    The XP needed discrepancy has been around since they instituted the token system.

I remember people asking back then what the deal was and the response was something like "It'll be fixed in the future, enjoy it til then."

Seems as if "then" is "now." And there's no rewinding back to "then."
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    T_12
    @wrinkled_bag
    Sorry no clue what you are talking about but JayZ mmisunderstood my post but this has been resolved.

@Dodkong
    Seems you did not read much here either: The cost went up from before patch to after patch by a sizable amount. This has nothing to do with small cost differences caused by character rarity/quality/stars/whatever. (I think that is what you mean by Token System, if not please correct me)
    T_12stick_ninja
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Thanks for the report, will look into this.
    yoyosbigbeanoPain Walker
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @Prokktor

Granted, I made a mistake of not tagging the person I was responding to, which in this case, wasn't you, seeing as how my response had nothing to do with your question.

So, my apologies for that mistake.

But, if you are attempting to get an official response, rather than other forum go'ers just chiming in with speculation, you should tag @Teeceezy and/or @Shteevie. So I hope that helps with your mistake.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    Thank you @Dodkong , they are looking into into it now lets see what happens.
  • MasterXMasterX Member Posts: 16
    @Teeceezy isn't it very suspicious that all bugs are against players/community? Lower damage and health, lower scavange rewards, higher cost of upgrading, lower drops from normal/silver/gold crates, missing 12,5 k gear in TG shop etc., etc. ... Isn't it wierd? Just tell the truth that you are checkig community what they excusse you. Be a honest man and tell us TRUTH. Please ....
    T_12tpzinhojbowers
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    edited March 2017
    @Shteevie

Why wasn't this info on the 2.5 notes? Can we update the 2.5 notes to include "Survivor upgrades now cost more than before" so that people can stop wondering...

Also, were the survivor retire values adjusted accordingly?

Edit: I see that this was in fact updated on the known issues post... which is nice...

MCbentonblynknzyoyosT_12
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,855
    > @TJCart said:
    > [XP is] still different amounts for survivors to level up based on when you get them...
    >
    > THANK YOU! Now we can finally dispel any rumors that the XP differences had anything to with rarity level and was only based on survivor initial level! Although now it no longer matters since it was changed with this update anyhow. #irrelevantvindication
    >
    > More importantly, thank you for confirming the changes were intended. I can now go back to upgrading my survivors knowing that I'm not being mistakenly overcharged (just being knowingly overcharged :wink: )

@TJCart technically back in the days rarity level and survivor initial level were linked. Higher the rarity, lower the initial level. Also there was a link between initial level, rarity and the maximum level.

It's like Three Blind Mice, everyone is describing a small part of the big picture.
    DodkongSCBMAT_12
  • MasterXMasterX Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2017
    @Shteevie @zbot guys, you have gift. Gift of telling craps and smiling, because you are smart and we are stupid. I'm playing this game for some time and I can remember times, when this game was about fun. Nowadays you are just taking and taking and taking and telling "it's for your good, it's fair, bla, bla, bla ...". This update is fiasco and it's your responsibility. I'm working mam, and if I've done what you have done, I'm now searching new job. Your "game ballance" is how to take any fun of game. You have done a lot of things quietly, so nobody can ask and this is one of them. And when we ask, bcs we are frustrated, your answer is "it's fair now". Now you can cry how is community cruel, and you are just victims. No, we are victims. Every step you are doing is now just to force us to buy for real money. At the bigginig you need a lot of players, now it's all about a bussines. So stop, you are ridiculous.
    szgerg77lunaranT_12
  • DeanTWDDeanTWD Member Posts: 187
    The communication on the forum over the 2.5 update fiasco has been strange, that's for sure.
    T_12
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    DeanTWD said:

The communication on the forum over the 2.5 update fiasco has been strange, that's for sure.

Indeed. Sometimes helpful, sometimes dismissive, with some contradictions about what is intended and what isn't
    My guess is the people making changes and the people answering to the questions/concerns/complaints are not all in the same loop. Reminds me of when I worked as an insurance agent/CSR for a large American company with a gecko mascot.

I think I took a lot of calls from people in the same mindset as the hardcore NML players.

You get a lot of redundant complaints, angry people and misunderstandings, and most can be resolved with communication or needed fixes that are clear.

Sometimes you get people who complain no matter what.

And sometimes something is just plain messed up and you can see it but you can't get any supervisor to acknowlege the wonkiness let alone explain why, so you're left on your own to tell the customer why something out of your control is right, or good, or intended or necessary for balance.

I'm glad I don't have to take rate increase calls anymore...
    JadenlunaranT_12
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Reap what you sow, all you people who wanted lvl 21 cant now cry about the cost to upgrade, it was obvious the upgrade hike would be ridicules.
    paintbeastbsgper4VerbaubInvaderLordNeganPain WalkerMasterX8N8T_12