Instant kill from Spiked Walker before you even hit red health bar?

Sorry guys, I think I'm setting a new personal record in new threads.

Has anyone had a very low green health bar (close to struggle), gotten hit by a spiked walker (which should take you to red), and died instantly? Is that the intended design?

It seems like it should function like getting hit by a freeman or Outpost defender, where you get a red health bar after your green one goes out, but it hasn't done that for me.
Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
CaptainslayerMohamez3r0d4z3PigZette

Comments

• TWDSkutterTWDSkutter Member Posts: 160
    Is it possible It dropped you to almost dead then the 'bleed' got you. Prob rare as it would have to knock u REALLY low.
    This space for rent

["Retribution" guild ... email [email protected] for info]
  • Kick_assKick_ass Member Posts: 513
    Hey Jay, I've had a similar experience. Pretty much one touch from a spike and your dead.
    Maverick’s Core Leader and / OG Co-Leader
    Other Leaders | Pic |
    Tux77 |
    KeepGen |

Stolen from Dlich
    z3r0d4z3Zette
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    @TWDSkutter I was thinking that at first, but I watched the animations pretty carefully and that didn't seem to be the case. In any event, I thought I would be fine because when usually when the green health bar is drained, you get a fresh new red one. So the hit from Winslow should take me from green to red, and then bleeding would have taken another ~1/10 of my red bar, leaving me with 90% HP left in my red bar.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    Pig
  • jeffstasykjeffstasyk Member Posts: 162
    If u were close to red...took the hit putting u in red/struggle then u instantly die...unless I'm misunderstanding what ur saying...it seems correct to me...
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 684
    edited March 2017
    Struggles usually consist of 3 turns before dying for normal walkers. Maybe Spikey works differently.
    z3r0d4z3
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 292
    That's BS.
    At least the way the mechanics works for US, is if a human enemy has even a sliver of green left, any hit, no matter how big, only takes them to FULL red bar. If that is what happened to you, then the mechanics coming from the other direction are not equivalent. If the hit took you to full red, plus a bleed, you should not expire from one bleed without a chance to bandage, IMO.
    What level was the Spiked?
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Pretty sure I've read that spiked walkers cause instant death when you get in a struggle. The second red health bar shouldn't come in to play anyway, because it's a walker. Only human enemies bring you into the red without struggle.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    stick_ninjaDavid_H79Fenixoiozzeg
    It's 100% instant death if u struggle with winslow...since day 1...not new
    Mohame
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,071
    I just got in a struggle with a Winslow who had about half his health left on mission #1 on the 3rd stage of level 26, and my wrestle armor killed him instantly. This is the first time I have seen this happen.
    GnatevilTJCartz3r0d4z3
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    It happened to me went into a struggle and died without getting hit again the next turn. I just moved on and tried again figured it was a bug only happen once
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    sligoem
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 336
    my wrestle trait on armor killed Winslow for me on a rsl25 mission of Junkyard. It was the only way I could get past him
    Gnatevil
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    @Teeceezy is it a bug that you can't wrestle with winslow or is it intended
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    z3r0d4z3
  • MohameMohame Member Posts: 26
    If you struggle with winslow you die pretty obvious. He gives you a BIG hug and you dead. If you have a armor with wrestle trait you may survive.
    If the intention is that you're supposed to die instantly from struggle vs. Winslow, then that's total horseshit. Not only is Winslow stun- and body shot-reisistant, has higher HP than other special walkers, you're now telling me that he can kill you twice as quickly as any other walker? That's complete BS.

Why not give him the ability to stun for 3 turns and cause burn damage while we're at it? (Note to NG: that was SARCASM)

Captainslayerz3r0d4z3Pig
    @JayZ I usually agree with ur thoughts/ideas/complaints but not on this..

Respectfully of course...

The other comparable walkers:

Fat walker
    Walker in riot gear

Winslow makes riot gear look like toilet paper!! Lol...he has metal melted down all over his body and long crazy spikes pointing in every direction...

That absolutely should be way worse than a fat guy or guy wearing some gear...

And yea if u get bear hugged by him u die...doesn't seem to crazy to me...lol

He should easily be the hardest/most dangerous enemy in game to this point...

And...nothing changed...it was instant kill right from that first s7 episode if u got in struggle...so they didn't alter anything with him...
    JayZ
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    edited March 2017
    @jeffstasyk But in this week challenge he can be instant kill if the survivor have wrestler trait that trigger when struggle.
    NCDawgFan
    Good thought @jeffstasyk - I appreciate the debate! I do agree that the spiked walkers are arguably the most badass walkers in the show, and as such should be pretty badass in the game as well. I don't mind that they're a tougher opponent, but I think the mechanics are a bit broken in that there isn't really a strategy to deal with them. It would be cool if (for example) melee survivors could attack them with no body shots (even though that runs counter to what would occur in real life, just spitballing ideas). I wonder if they could figure out a way to get the Dixieland BBQ and Reckonin' to do extra damage to Winslow.

• bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    Dwight's leader trait helps kill them,I have been using him some this challenge.
    z3r0d4z3
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I would say the strategies to deal with Winston are using shooters and hunters from a distance, preferably starting with shooter charge attack, and maybe finishing with a scout if you can wear them down enough to get a final death blow close in, and depending on RSL and gear.

That, or they need to introduce a Legendary "Garbage Wall" weapon

I managed to kill him without injury up to RSL 23 this challenge with my level 19 assault/hunter/shooter combo. Running away and shooting works well as long as you can take care of the other walkers around you. I agree he's tough as hell, but that's probably why we have only seen him twice so far.