About that new Rufus weapon...

Guess I won't be able to get it at level 21 without some $$ :'(

Didn't @Shteevie or @Teeceezy say there would be plenty of time to level up an assault to 21 before the deadline to claim it?
Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
JadenAfewlivePigJackBauerantRedEye52SpringChickenggbatssrmcn1031T_12

Comments

• Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    So if in the six days I can get it myself to 21 will it turn the weapon into 21 to start?
    RedEye52
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 535
    @Bryan18 only if any of your assaults is lvl 21
    TheBRADLeyB
  • Lady_AnnLady_Ann Member Posts: 1
    My friend & I both play... Can anyone tell me why when we logged in tonight he was offered Rufus's weapon for free & I was offered the 250 tokens to unlock Rufus himself? What I'm asking is will my friend be able to get the 250 tokens for free too and can I get the weapon for free too? Or is it ONLY one or the other?
  • Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    I don't have the 21 now but I May in five to six days if that's the case does it change the weapon if I don't claim it yet?
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,130
    I would not worry about it yet. When the LEG is offered make sure you are at 21 level. That is the one that will really matter. Otherwise you are better with a current LEG assult rifle with stun. This one is ok for free but not anywhere near what is already out there. Just saying
    capibara
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    Bryan18 said:

I don't have the 21 now but I May in five to six days if that's the case does it change the weapon if I don't claim it yet?

It should be the level of your highest assault survivor at the time you claim it. So yes.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    RedEye52
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @DLich -- I used to feel that way too, but I'm gonna pull in ~20M or so Supplies from this extended 1-minute gas event, and it only costs a couple hundred gold to "immediate-upgrade" a building, so you could speed your things along as needed and focus on Supply Runs, and easily have everything ready to get an Assault upgraded, with maybe 1000 gold, which honestly is not much. This is coming from someone who has been hoarding gold for months, so 1000 is nothing to me, but maybe you spend it differently than I do.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065
    I wish I could get the 250 Rufus tokens on my 2nd account... he would be very useful at that stage of the game.

And yeah, they said there was plenty of time to upgrade. What they didn't say was that you would also need plenty of gold/money to do that...

Maybe if it had been 14 days to claim...

But after all this is just going to be another "toy" in the end with other assault weapons doing more damage and this being taken out for a few easy missions, so... yeah...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    T_12
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    I don't understand the tough damage reduction of the flamethrower compared with an assault rifle same level and rarity.
    asbestostonguebsgper4TravisT_12
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 535
    @Lady_Ann you were offered the Rufus tokens because your account was started after the first Rufus giveaway period. I personally don't think you have to unlock Rufus to get his new weapon. Maybe you would like to send a report to in game support, they will be able to advise you.
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,111
    Still got this. So how about that!!! This new one just took since I have like several weeks left to get the supplies needed to upgrade training grounds.
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 322
    the BBQ is also 2/3 the power of standard rare gear. Nerfs for everything exciting I guess.
    asbestostonguenovalinbast3
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    40 odd damage points less at lvl17, than a lvl16 rare!?

It's a good job this was free! Shame it's just free scrap kit though
    bast3
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,362
    > @DLich said:
    > I still got 3 farms left to hit 59. Then council to unlock training grounds. Training grounds to unlock ability to upgrade survivors. Then upgrading assault to 21 before accepting.
    >
    > Doubt all that can be done in 6 days w/o gold.

I'm on the same time schedule as you. It's impossible. 3 plots = 1.75 days, Council =2 days, Training Grounds = 2 days, Assault = 1 day, which puts you at about a week from now.

And you will probably only have ~2 M supplies after your Council upgrade so you'll need to get another 10 M supplies on top of it all.
    JackBauerBuckzz
  • asbestostongueasbestostongue Member Posts: 4
    Truly worthless!
    novalinCaptainslayerbast3
  • thebullthebull Member Posts: 32
    Junk, low powered weapon
    -The Bull
    novalinCaptainslayerbast3T_12
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    This is about as sad as it gets
    They can't even give a rare weapon with a rare damage number
    CaptainslayerJackBauerSlowMo
  • tedge77tedge77 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    What a joke!!! Lame is not even the word. Not sure why they would give you something you can't even use. Sub par just like Rufus. I guess if i put them together I could use them on sub par levels. Jokes on us for believing this time would be different.
    TheBRADLeyBCaptainslayer
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    Maybe the damage is reduced since it does damage over time via fire
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

JackBauerGrimGaelGovernator
  • WolfensteinWolfenstein Member Posts: 4
    I May be missing something here I've not been playing long and I'm aware you can only upgrade weapons traits but is this a joke it's not April...

I'm level 29 and thought this would be a "GREAT" weapon given all the hype

I only have three assault class survivors and this is useless for all of them

Even Dufus
    When i eventually level him up

AmBushT_12