About that new Rufus weapon...

Comments

• AmBushAmBush Member Posts: 100
    What he said ^^^^^

Zombie Stompers U.K. Based Guild.Currently Recruiting (18/20)

Note:

• Level 20+
    • DAILY PLAYERS
    • 250+ Weekly Challenge Stars minimum

Above all:We Have FUN 

Level 61, Guild Leader of Zombie Stompers Playing Daily since January 2017

PapacasWolfenstein
  • hiplnsdrftrhiplnsdrftr Member Posts: 197
    There's something else going on, maybe some kind of pressure from Walking Dead Inc. to include heroes, include Talking Dead content, or at least they paid for the rights and feel the need to fully take advantage of it.

exploiting the loophole loophole
    Maverick1969Papacas
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,055
    Question: how long does it take to upgrade the council and training grounds, without using gold to speed up?
    I just started my last farm upgrade this morning and will be done by lunchtime tomorrow, leaving me 5 days 7 hours to complete everything to collect the new Rufus weapon. Is 5 days enough time to upgrade council + training ground + 1 survivor?
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @TransmuteJun 2 days each, then an Assault will be 17.25 hours. So 65.25 hours starting noon Tuesday = roughly 5am Friday morning -- plenty of time.
    edited March 2017

@TransmuteJun 2 days each, then an Assault will be 17.25 hours. So 65.25 hours starting noon Tuesday = roughly 5am Friday morning -- plenty of time.

Thank you @General_Quatre ! I appreciate the fast response. I was wondering if it was going to be worthwhile going for the upgrade without spending gold. Given how long I spent at maxed tomatoes, I didn't want to pay gold to rush anything, especially not for a weapon people have described as mediocre at best. But if I can play without rushing and still have a level 21 Dixieland BBQ, so much the better! ;)

Oh wait... I just recalculated...

Starting noon Tuesday, 2 days to upgrade council is noon Thursday, and then 2 more days for the training grounds is noon Saturday... and then I'd have 7-8 hours for the 17.25 hour assault upgrade... Looks like I will be slightly short. :(
    @TransmuteJun Omg haha I totally was thinking one day each. My bad!! I also misread: Council is 1 day 22 hours, while TG and WORKSHOP are 2 days even. So that buys you 2 hours. But 8 hours would only cost 75 or so (maybe less) gold, which you'd recoup in a few Daily Quests at worst. Again, the flamethrower is garbage, but for your collectors' purposes, you may kick yourself for not spending the gold to have the best (free) version.
    DLich

@TransmuteJun Omg haha I totally was thinking one day each. My bad!! I also misread: Council is 1 day 22 hours, while TG and WORKSHOP are 2 days even. So that buys you 2 hours. But 8 hours would only cost 75 or so (maybe less) gold, which you'd recoup in a few Daily Quests at worst. Again, the flamethrower is garbage, but for your collectors' purposes, you may kick yourself for not spending the gold to have the best (free) version.

Yeah, I'll have to decide if it's worth the gold. I had actually planned on upgrading my workshop before my survivors, since I know that once I upgrade survivors, the challenge will start at a higher RSL. If I upgrade the workshop first, I can start upgrading gear so that by the time my survivors are level 21, they can be properly outfitted.

Sigh, decisions, decisions... Still, it's good t have the information so I can make the right one. Thanks for your assistance, @General_Quatre .
    Eh I don't play Challenges to that high an RSL, so the only things that'll go up for me are Season 7 (only one left, and by then my A team will all be level 21, with level 23 Legendary gear, so I doubt it'll be a problem) and Scavenge, which I actually WANT to happen since it'll let me farm more XP.

My TG is done and my first survivor (Maggie; I want her done first so I can get the most out of my farming) will be done before bed. My Workshop is currently upgrading, set to be done midday Wednesday, so I'll train my A team first, then overlap for about a week (doing one survivor AND one gear upgrade per day). I can do this because I have ~15M in scrappable gear to get rid of (praying for a spring cleaning event this weekend!!) and will be doing exclusively XP farm missions (with some challenges to help my guild). Then I'll finish my C Team survivors, then focus on gear...with that plan, I should be done by the end of May ><

...unless they release another Council Update, which would be F'ing devastating. lol
    I don't think you need to worry about that! My guess is that NG doesn't want to release another council upgrade for a loooong time, which is why they are throwing so many hurdles in our way to upgrading the current council.
    p_herian
  • yoyosyoyos Member Posts: 73
    Can't stun ennemies with this weapon and special attack, is it normal ?
    Ranked Guild Amazons, check out for free rooms :)
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    At council upgrade to 19 it said coming soon until 2.5 hit, so I would not expect "soon" to be any particular time. That being said, I am OK with a council update if it does not include a training grounds and workshop level increase for quite a while.
    RedEye52
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,606
    yoyos said:

Can't stun ennemies with this weapon and special attack, is it normal ?

@yoyos , like the reckonin' it sets things on fire, so it doesn't stun.
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    Wouldn't a flamethrower set things on fire anyway as it's normal attack? Isn't that kind of the point?

The more I think about it, the less I like this weapon.
    bigbeanoyoyosTJCart
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,606
    @paintbeast the normal attack only does damages, the special attack sets things on fire.
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,129
    > @paintbeast said:
    > @zbot Yes, I get that, and that is ridiculous. It's a FLAMETHROWER! Setting things on fire is what it should do every time you use it.

They still think fire does not rise and can create a body shot only. If it did set things on fire everytime, I could live with the low damage. I agree with you.
    RedEye52
  • yoyosyoyos Member Posts: 73
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, so useless weapon...
    I used it one time on rufus, and it was one time too many .. Scrap is Coming !
    And I want a refund of my 6 gas for this scavenger mission too ! haha
    Even at lvl 21 and in legendary type it's still useless without stun.
    Ranked Guild Amazons, check out for free rooms :)
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576

@zbot Yes, I get that, and that is ridiculous. It's a FLAMETHROWER! Setting things on fire is what it should do every time you use it.

This is one argument but another argument is that it essentially works against you if it sets your enemies on fire. I think having the choice of when to set your foes on fire is better than having it "always on".
    > @Teeceezy said:
    > @zbot Yes, I get that, and that is ridiculous. It's a FLAMETHROWER! Setting things on fire is what it should do every time you use it.
    >
    > This is one argument but another argument is that it essentially works against you if it sets your enemies on fire. I think having the choice of when to set your foes on fire is better than having it "always on".

Another argument is that it essentially works against you to equip this weapon in the first place since it only does 70% of the damage of any other rare assault weapon of equal level.
    CRUSHyoyos
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @paintbeast

Yup, that feedback has been heard. :) On the current version of Dixieland BBQ the damage variant (you know when your weapon doesn't do exactly the number of damage it says, but can differ both up and down?) is larger than what it is for all other weapons, so it has the potential to do much more damage than what it says on the tin. That's something that's really difficult to gauge, though, so I can completely understand why many aren't a fan.
  • TWDSkutterTWDSkutter Member Posts: 160
    Does a flamethrower body Shot? Is it more Effective against armoured than a regular AR?
    This space for rent

["Retribution" guild ... email [email protected] for info]
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    @TWDSkutter frankly, no and yes. But that presupposes a breathing target with functioning pain receptors and a relatively short range compared to a rifle round. Additionally, that's a level of realism that is beyond NG's demonstrated programming ability.
    JackBauer
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Really? Have you tried to burn a body? It's hard, er I hear it's hard and takes a long time to do what we'd think of as...structural damage to muscle and fascia. For that matter, boiling the brain within the skull, which would prevent the walker from giving you a big napalm hug. Motor nerves are typically deep, too. But we could make an argument for it stopping freemen in their tracks and even ignoring partial cover by area oxygen denial and just plain pain and terror.
    SCBMAjavajnkie
    @GrimGael Bodies might be difficult to light, but what about clothing?

Also- motor nerves may be irrelevant. We still don't understand how the walkers remain animated. Muscle tissue needs oxygen (not to mention sodium, potassium, and calcium) to function. Walkers don't breathe. :p