Bring back deadly missions as 3rd scavenge option.

murph0228murph0228 Member Posts: 41
With how ridiculous it is to farm cans and xp & tokens a "fair" option would be to bring back deadly missions as 3rd scavenge option. Make it hard as all hell like +4 survival level and reward the win with jackpot rewards

Silver crates jackpots for completing the mission or gold for no injury..

NG should recognize that by doing this the risk of losing your best survivors increase searching for tokens, upgrading weapons and upgrading survivor stars with in turn creates more revenue for you greedy imps.. (I honestly feel like I am Farming for the saviors now beings how ridiculous it is to upgrade buildings, etc.)

What are your thoughts on this? Wouldn't mind hearing a mods opinion as well
Lightfeetbast3

Comments

• Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited March 2017
    They aren't bringing back deadly missions because the complaints overwhelmed customer service and something about loosing a top survivor after the scavenger missions have upgraded themselves to higher RSLs it can make it hard for the rest of the survivors you have left if they aren't up to par with the survivor you lost. Don't forget about the heroes and the problems that would cause. Plus the rewards wouldn't be worth it based on how pitiful they are now.

I don't run scavenger missions much if any these days. I only have time for the challenge which is still a huge time consuming grind it's just that you grind at higher level now. When the challenge ends I spend time catching up on outposts. I'm running some food scavenger missions now but I'm sure in 2 weeks I'll be back to my previous pattern of challenges then outposts then challenges then outposts.
    Lightfeetbast3
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    I would like to see a radio exploration option since, ya know, players are always thirsty for radios.

Complete the mission you're guaranteed one radio.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    David_H79Invader
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    If people are dumb f..., and lose a survivor because they didn't realise, its their own fault*

Bring them back. If a hero dies, you just have to unlock them again etc.

*The only borderline exception was when NG said there were no more deadlies, and the challenge then had deadlies. But even then there was enough warning.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    Someone mentioned this before somewhere on the forum that if your survivor dies during a mission then you can retire him thus it's a self imposed deadly mission.

If the argument for a deadly mission is "better rewards" then the point of deadlies is moot because if we haven't learned by now that "better chance" is practically just words then I guess we never will.

Words like "increased chance" or "reduced hospital time" aren't all that different from "normal" especially regarding drops.

As much as I want to believe there's better odds of anything happening, I prefer knowing what I'm getting into.

Double rewards, double XP on kills, 50% more damage these are the things that are key.

If the odds of finding a dollar bill on the street are 1-100K giving me "increased" odds still means I'm not going to find a dollar bill on the street.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    SCBMAInvaderiozzegbast3
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    If you got a connection interruption, the deadlies would kill off one of your crew
    I lost a nice assault because of that

Forget about the crappy deadlies
    bast3
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    blynknz said:

If people are dumb f..., and lose a survivor because they didn't realise, its their own fault*

Bring them back. If a hero dies, you just have to unlock them again etc.

*The only borderline exception was when NG said there were no more deadlies, and the challenge then had deadlies. But even then there was enough warning.

You give people too much credit. Have you not read the forums? Not a personal dig, but anyone who was worked large-scale customer service will understand.

People, as a whole, are dumb and angry and selfish and self-righteous.

You could have a flashing red message on every loading screen saying "YOUR SURVIVORS MAY DIE IN DEADLY MISSIONS AND BE IRRETREIVEABLE - DEAD, DEAD, REALLY DEAD," along with a TOS agreement to Accept, and people would still claim ignorance and flood NG with complaints and demand refunds.

I wasn't around when deadlies existed in the game, and they sound cool, but also potentially frustrating. Sounds like they made more sense back before you could upgrade survivors to max, though.

In any case, I understand why NG doesn't want to deal with the fallout. And yeah, you can always make your own deadly if you have the willpower to trash a survivor for failing a mission.
    1Risbast3
  • DeanTWDDeanTWD Member Posts: 187
    What if instead of 'killing a survivor' you just risk losing them for 24/48/72 hours on an 'extreme version' if they get injured? Better rewards (radios, gold crates)but much longer recovery time for survivors/heroes?
    bast3