Update 2.5 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• Maverick1969Maverick1969 Member Posts: 107
    @zbot stop being uncle Tom.
  • Maverick1969Maverick1969 Member Posts: 107
    A week banned on the way.
    LOL. Dutch people don't keep their mouth's stut.
  • Rolando19Rolando19 Member Posts: 4
    Con el arma de asalto dixieland bbq hay un problema. Esta arma tiene menos daño que un arma de su nivel. Tiene un daño de 112 y otra del mismo nivel tiene un daño de 160 deberian arreglar eso.
    Japes87
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Jaden said:

Did I forget something? I don't know, can't keep up anymore... will adjust as I always do - until I don't.

Yes...walkers are stronger.
    Jakeeey
  • THCrossTHCross Member Posts: 452
    Totally!
    And just got leg 17 Darryl with epic upgraded to 18 with gold dodge bruised by 15 walker
    @[email protected]
    posthuman
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    @jaden, I basically agree with all your points, especially the the grind, but you can't say the grind is bad and then say you get less stars because they removed 1 level.

I feel that NG completely screwed up the previous update giving us so many points. I find it stupid that the majority of players will get more "bonus stars" than stars from missions.

And now that they have given them to us, it is hard for them to take it away. If they reduced all the repeat levels by 1, then that would be 200 less stars just up to RSL +3

So now that means they are going to have to add these back somehow (personally I don't care. Stars are relative. They could let us get 30 or 30,000. Ranks & leaderboards don't mean anything.
    The only thing is that rewards need to be adjusted for changes to stars).
    stick_ninjaCaptainslayer
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,028
    Well... Why can't I say that? I didn't complain about the "unbearable grind of the challenges" and I don't think that one more round of challenge makes (or made) it into a grind. And losing one round of challenges and therefore the rewards just shifts it over to another type of mission (like going on a raid for the TG and scavenging for the rest).

I wouldn't mind not being able to play that round if they would have adjusted the rewards accordingly. I would not need to play it actually.

But come on! It's always forward, never back, right? So we should not have less challenge stars because that would be going back. We should not get less rewards for the same reason...

I don't care about the amount of stars. 300 or 3000, it's all the same to me if I get the same rewards.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    JayZ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2017
    @Teeceezy
    Why were the tomatoe rewards nerfed? (as well the xp) is it a bug (if yes will it be fixed?) or not?
    Remark: 12.000.000 supplies?! It takes approx 300-400 hard scavage missions to get supplies just for training grounds.
    Question to remark: did you lost your common sense?!

Data to picture:lvl20 survivors, hard supplies scavage
    :/
    iced1979General_QuatreJakeeey
  • JakeeeyJakeeey Member Posts: 6
    Hmm. I had to take a week break and THIS is what's happened to the game I've spent hundreds of pounds on, only to find that my paid-for weapons are nerfed, ALL that grinding to upgrade players and equipment was, in effect, for nothing, and quite possibly my account could be lost anyway?

Nah. Feck this. I'm just going to quit playing and spend money on a better guitar instead.

Well done, NG!

Jake out.
    avelardezt777jb
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,043
    edited March 2017
    With the fixes that happened recently, the game has proved that the tank ability to be stunned is doable as I remember it was in the beginning last year around March 2016. Can this feature be added back. These walkers are the highest HP walkers in the game. A bruiser and assault stun should be able to do just that with their charge ability. At least the bruiser should be able to stun a tank. Please pass this up.
    GrimGaelsrmcn1031
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Or at least they could have a 50-75% chance of stunning the tank
    avelardez
    edited March 2017
    R03 said:

@Teeceezy

Why were the tomatoe rewards nerfed? (as well the xp) is it a bug (if yes will it be fixed?) or not?

Remark: 12.000.000 supplies?! It takes approx 300-400 hard scavage missions to get supplies just for training grounds.

Question to remark: did you lost your common sense?!

Data to picture:lvl20 survivors, hard supplies scavage

:/

@Teeceezy @Shteevie
    It is answer time ;)
    The ppl are unhappy, so please make a clear statment about the above topic (as well).
    Do you get the picture?
    forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/24468/are-you-satisfied-with-2-5-changes-do-not-consider-bugs
    Invader
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Hey @R03, I can confirm that's not a bug. What happened was that as the max level was raised with the newest update, the parameters between which you received resources in post-mission reward crates needed to be adjusted (numerically) in order to accommodate the new XP and tomato requirements for upgrades. Thanks for bringing this up!
    [Deleted User]
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    > @Teeceezy said:
    > Hey @R03, I can confirm that's not a bug. What happened was that as the max level was raised with the newest update, the parameters between which you received resources in post-mission reward crates needed to be adjusted (numerically) in order to accommodate the new XP and tomato requirements for upgrades. Thanks for bringing this up!

So, are you saying that because we now need more we should get less? Is that what you are saying? If so, that is completely retarded.
    Captainslayer

So, are you saying that because we now need more we should get less? Is that what you are saying? If so, that is completely retarded.

Using words like "retarded", really, really makes me want to disregard your comment.

Anyway, there was a set min-max amount of resources that you could get from post-mission rewards when there was no council level 21, and they didn't account for any further progression. Now, at council level 20, the minimum amount of supplies or XP you'd get from missions has stayed the same, but the maximum has been toned down so that it's in line with other progression and upgrade costs earlier in the game. Hope that makes sense.
    [Deleted User]CrowTRobot
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    +1 to the first half of @Teeceezy 's comment. That word is outmoded, and some of us have friends and family that are affected by it. When I was a kid, that was just a word, and the correct word. But I was a kid a long time ago. Time marches on, try to keep up. English is rich with descriptors and insults, explore and leave that one behind. Unless you are talking about music tempo or engine timing.
    jpsDavid_H79CrowTRobot
    @Teeceezy You are absolutely right about the "r" word and I hesitated to use it. Heat of the moment. How about instead- asinine, ridiculous, or the like?

Didn't upgrade costs get raised across the board? Not sure about buildings, but that seems to be the case for survivors if what I've been hearing is correct. If so, then no, that explanation does not make sense.

Also- They didn't account for any further progression? How long have we been looking at "coming soon"? That really doesn't instill a lot of faith that the NG team has any long term vision for this game.
    Asinine or ridiculous is fine.

What my explanation was referring to was the supply and XP drops in gold crates at level 20. The survivor upgrade costs have changed, yes, and you can see Shteevie's comment regarding this here. They're two separate issues.

Rest assured, there is a long term vision and we look forward to implementing cool new features in upcoming updates. :)
    GrimGael[Deleted User]srmcn1031MrSorrow
    edited March 2017
    Cool new features? What? Lvl21 Council until lvl100? Further decrease of max supply amount, due to the fact that upgrading training grounds for lvl22 survivors will cost like 16million supplies?
    It is like there is a better and more expensive vehicle for purchase, and the management decides to lower the salaries due to this. This is complete BS, the 2 has nothing to do with each other (or if you see 300-400 scavage is needed you should increase).
    You are riding that horse in backwards position and you dont realize it.
    I really considering quit this ruined game. And I am not talking about the bugs.
    MasterX
  • Wr3ckWr3ck Member Posts: 18
    @Teeceezy why not raise the max amount of supplies or xp level 21 players receive? IMO, that's the more logical decision since the xp costs for leveling survivors to 21 and gear 21 to 24 are obviously higher than it costs to lvl a survivor to 20 or lvl 20 gear to 23. Lowering the max xp we receive is kind of hard to swallow when you raised the amount of xp it costs to level survivors regardless of @Shteevie explanation of the changes in upgrade costs.
    Thanks for the feedback @R03. You can take my comment for whatever you feel it's worth.

• Teeceezy said:

Thanks for the feedback @R03. You can take my comment for whatever you feel it's worth.

I think that would be considered as sexual harrasment and would be punished with at least a month of prison. So put it yourself there. Have a nice day.
    @Teeceezy Thanks for the announcement regarding challenge changes and radios. Good call NG!
    Teeceezy
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,171

I don't understand, then, what logic was applied to the cost behind the Training Grounds and Workshop. When I first saw 12M posted here, I laughed because clearly it must be a joke. That's 200% of the Council cost, and more than double what the last upgrade for the TG and Workshop were. This is unprecedented in the history of the game, and furthermore, rewards have not been adjusted to help the players reach those cost needs in a similar amount of time. You're effectively asking players to put it 2x the time (possibly 2 weeks for a single building upgrade). This seems like a misstep.

It's really more like 3-4x the time because rewards WERE actually adjusted, but they were adjusted downward.

I managed to grind out 12 M XP during Jackpot weekend for my Training Grounds upgrade, but my Workshop upgrade will probably not come for another two or three weeks.

If you do the math, a player that grinds supply missions non-stop (and doesn't play any challenge, Outpost, etc.) can earn up to 1.8 million supplies a day. So, if you grind supplies non-stop, you might be able to perform a 12 million supply upgrade after one week. If you're a reasonable person that likes playing other types of missions... well then you're SOL.

(below is the math behind 1.8 million supplies a day; feel free to stop reading here)

Every day, you can earn about 1.2 million supplies from supply scavenges.
    - RSL 23 supply mission ~ 21,000 supplies from mission reward (18,200 + maybe 2,800 from Glenn if you farm the incoming spawn)
    - RSL 23 supply mission ~ 39,000 supplies (assuming you use your video unlock and get a gold, silver, and bronze supply crate, along with some XP, radio, gold, and scrap weapons in the other 3 crates)
    - 6 gas per mission = 1 mission per hour ~ 20 missions per day (if you use all of your gas while you're awake and the gas that accumulates while you're asleep)
    - 20 missions * (21,000 + 39,000 supplies per mission) = 1.2 million

Players with maxed farms will also produce 24,000 tomatoes per hour, which translates into 576,000 tomatoes per day.

This doesn't take into account gas rewards, gas purchases from the TG shop, season 7 missions which have supply rewards, wall walkers, etc., but you should still get the general gist that it will take a REALLY freaking long time to accumulate 12 M supplies if you do more than just grind supplies all day.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Jadenjps