Why do we even have 3 types of scavenger missions?

The end of mission crates SHOULD contain a greater percentage of rewards reflective of the mission type. i.e.- xp missions should give mostly xp, supply missions should give mostly tomatoes, and equipment missions should give mostly equipment. This was the case for a brief period before 2.5. Now, we get crap like this (supply mission):

@Shteevie @Teeceezy, why did this change again?
JackBauerGeneral_Quatrestick_ninjaBraynerZTheBRADLeyBDresden45T_12

Comments

• paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    This is what I've been seeing with supply missions over the last day/day and half. Before that, I was running xp missions which seemed to reward a much better percentage of xp.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    The main thing that separates the scavenge mission types is the exclusion of the kind of resource that you didn't ask for. To be specific, you won't get supplies in an XP scavenge, nor XP in a supplies scavenge. The chances of getting better gear in Equipment scavenges sets them apart from other missions.

This wasn't changed in 2.5, but many veteran players had stopped running scavenges for the most part, so it might seem unfamiliar to anyone playing them for the first time in a while.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 328
    I have been seeing it a lot mostly with supply mission, not so much with the other two.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    "Is the exclusion of the kind of resource that you didn't ask for."

If it's supposed to be a 100% exclusion then it definitely isn't working because you still get some XP rewards on supply runs.
    JadenRedEye52bigbeanoT_12
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Shteevie said:

The main thing that separates the scavenge mission types is the exclusion of the kind of resource that you didn't ask for. To be specific, you won't get supplies in an XP scavenge, nor XP in a supplies scavenge. The chances of getting better gear in Equipment scavenges sets them apart from other missions.

@Shteevie I'm not sure what you mean here -- are you saying 1) there's a higher chance of getting better gear in the equipment scavenge missions or just 2) there's a higher chance of getting gear (and thereby indirectly increasing your chance of obtaining better gear)?

Anecdotal evidence suggests to me that the level/rarity of the gear from the equipment scavenge missions is the same as in challenge and other types of missions at a similar RSL (you just get more of it in the scavenge missions).

PS: I also vote for a removal/revision of the equipment scavenge mission. It's useless, especially at "hard" mode when the rewards are exactly the same as in "normal" mode for high level players.

PPS: I have still played them quite a lot, just out of boredom as I (until recently with the council update) had no need for XP or food. So please take that into account if you look at the player data.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    JadenShut_UpRedEye52T_12
    @Shteevie here's another case in point for you:

From your previous statement, this is obviously NOT working as intended.
    RedEye52T_12
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    I concur with Paintbeast. I ran supplies scavenge missions all weekend to accumulate supplies for training grounds update, and received a considerable amount of post mission XP rewards.
    stick_ninjaGeneral_QuatreVerbaubT_12
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    @all maybe @Shteevie means in a silver or gold crate. I ran supplies scavenger all weekend and anytime a silver or gold crate came out it was guaranteed supplies with the exception of a phone I think once on gold.

Bronze I think can be anything. But the silver and gold tickets were after should exclude XP from supplies and exclude supplies from XP.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    jimmorrison369
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,575
    DLich said:

@all maybe @Shteevie means in a silver or gold crate. I ran supplies scavenger all weekend and anytime a silver or gold crate came out it was guaranteed supplies with the exception of a phone I think once on gold.

You're right about most things, but I got XP crates and rare/uncommon equipment in silver crates from supply scavenge missions (along with gold, radios, and gas, which I'm fine with).

I think it's only gold crates that guarantee whatever scavenge mission you are running (along with radios and gold).
    stick_ninjaDLichjimmorrison369
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @Shteevie

Please run a few tomato missions... it's definitely changed from 2.4

I love how the answer is "we didn't change it" and I bet if you look into it...you will say "oops, a bug was introduced"...

RedEye52
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    DLich said:

Bronze I think can be anything. But the silver and gold tickets were after should exclude XP from supplies and exclude supplies from XP.

I too got silver-crate XP in Supply Scavenges. I also got gold/radios from gold crates, but that's not as big a deal. If I'd known @Shteevie's stance, I would have screen-shotted, but I thought it was just bad luck/RNG.
    DLich
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @General_Quatre
    Don't worry, xp happens all the time now... you will get more than enough screenshots if you really want to send them :)

Haha well I'm done upgrading all but my tents, and am at Level 60, which is as far as I can go, so after going INSANE this weekend I don't need to do any more Supply Missions anyway, so it's moot @Helio -- still, it's worth noting.
  • stick_ninjastick_ninja Member Posts: 34
    I got around 2 dozen silver jackpots over the weekend in supply scavenger missions and I'd say probably 5 or 6 had all gear or xp drops except for 2 or 3 of the crates which actually had tomatoes in them. Same thing that's happened since I started playing and is still happening now. Just ran a supply mission and got two silver crates; one was xp and the other was a rare weapon.
    Nice! Three hours later and not even a "we'll look into it" from @Shteevie.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,575

Nice! Three hours later and not even a "we'll look into it" from @Shteevie.

While I am also eagerly awaiting a response, do keep in mind that it's nearly 8 PM in Finland (I believe).

Honestly, I think @Shteevie was typing too quickly and misspoke when he said "The main thing that separates the scavenge mission types is the exclusion of the kind of resource that you didn't ask for." I think what he meant to say was either:
    1. "The main thing that separates the scavenge mission types is the exclusion reduction of the kind of resource that you didn't ask for."
    2. "The main thing that separates the scavenge mission types is the exclusion of the kind of resource that you didn't ask for in gold crates."
    RedEye52T_12
    @JayZ I'm well aware of that. The point of my last post was I immediately disproved his statement on the scavenge mission reward mechanics while he was in the office and active on the forum. Just curious as to why he had no response to the evidence.
    JayZ
    > @Shteevie said:
    > And for the record, I have other responsibilities than hovering on the forums to answer questions instantly. Posting dissatisfaction with my lack of instant response won't bring you an answer any sooner.

Sorry about that. I was just frustrated. There just seems to be a lack of clear communication from the team lately.
    ShteevieT_12
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @Shteevie -- sorry for asking again, but still not 100% clear to me:

Do the gold crates in the equipment missions have a reduced chance of containing epic/legendary gear compared to the gear found in gold crates from other missions, like the challenge ones?

Or how do I interpret this:
    Shteevie said:

If you go for Gear, you should get more gear, and rare gear more often [Legendaries have a larger, but still comparatively small chance]

(It's the "more rare gear" but "legendaries have larger change" bit that confuses me).
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    General_Quatre
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Sorry for the confusion. The chances for gear in general, and the chances for more rare gear, are both increased in Equipment Scavenge when compared to the mission crates in other missions. The chances for Legendary gear in Equipment Scavenge Gold post-mission crates is still less than the chance for other rarities, however.

I was trying to avoid giving the impression that every Equipment Scavenge Gold post-mission crate would have a legendary item inside.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    @Shteevie So then can you clarify the difference between Normal and Hard mode re: Gear Scavenge Missions?
    David_H79T_12