2.5 Updates that were NOT Mentioned

8N88N8 Member Posts: 164
Let's get a running tally, shall we?

-Increased Survivor Training Costs
-No Increase to Farm Storage
-Challenge RSL+1 (UPDATE: This was mentioned)
-Lesser Radio Phones in Challenge Rewards (at the same milestones from before update)
-While you use a XP booster you'll no longer get doubled XP for retiring survivors ( @Capleton)

Anything else?

(P.S- As a side note that I saw someone mention somewhere else, isn't a buff in Walker levels essentially the same thing as a DEBUFF to all other Survivor classes???)
bsgper4stick_ninjastoneheartRedEye52p_heriansrmcn1031CaptainslayerJadenSCBMAwarInvaderSlowMoArtisansT_12BuckzzKick_assanniesprinkles

Comments

• JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 132
    8N8 said:

-Increased Survivor Training Costs

Supposedly training costs were adjusted, not increased. Examples being that costs may be lower at some of the lower levels, and it may be cheaper to level a character at a certain level now compared to one at the same level that started at level 1 pre-update (when starting level affected upgrade costs).
    8N8 said:

-No Increase to Farm Storage

I get it, that one would assume storages would increase with level, but they don't necessarily need to list all of the things that did not change--no new Walker Pit? no Shane??? no pink elephants??!?!??

Another thing you missed:
    - The description for and mechanics of the Radio Tent changed. The level of called survivors is lower, but unaffected by rarity now (previously the higher the level equated to a lower level).

@JayZ While much of the stuff that you're saying is correct. Some of it was either mentioned with update notes (albeit with unintentional effects) or are simply unintended bugs from the update.

I say that not in defense of NG, but to stress the fact that what really bothers me are the changes that were simply not mentioned in any form of release note or official post and that some are just now starting to be mentioned in passing as brief responses to questions that are a week or so old.
    Randy78
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,168
    TJCart said:

@JayZ While much of the stuff that you're saying is correct. Some of it was either mentioned with update notes (albeit with unintentional effects) or are simply unintended bugs from the update.

I say that not in defense of NG, but to stress the fact that what really bothers me are the changes that were simply not mentioned in any form of release note or official post and that some are just now starting to be mentioned in passing as brief responses to questions that are a week or so old.

Which items from my list are you referring to? My rant ended up being a lot longer than I intended, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Neil_J
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    edited March 2017
    Also, it should be noted that the "one less Challenge Mission" won't be true once we all hit Level 21, as it has been stated by @Shteevie that the starting RSL will remain at 15 for Level 21/maxed survivors/players. Therefore, in theory, we should all be able to play at least one extra round, maybe more since triple/quadruple rounds don't start until later.

However, this all may be negated by the walker buff. I guess we'll see when we're all level 21 with level 24 gear! So, y'know, in 3 months. (EDIT: unless you're @Movado)
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I'm not sure higher level outpost walkers is complaining without thinking or not. That could go anywhere, so I'd leave well enough alone.
    General_QuatreVerbaubArtisans
    +1 to that. I'm perfectly happy decimating the current OP walkers with my new Level 21s. With the walker buff, if there WAS an upgrade to Walker Pits, I'm sure we'd all be FURIOUS how tough that part of OP had become. I think that's an issue we should leave alone.
    GrimGaelRedEye52T_12
    It's not that there's nothing to be said for it. Not everyone is up to my standards, so why would I wish to make them wade through high level walkers for my free tg. Also, I have no desire to spend tg on another outpost arms race. Humans are the real enemy here.
    @Movado You're not saying you're getting lower level gear from TG crates at level 60, right? So far, all Level 21 I hope??
    MovadoT_12
    Movado said:

(4) 2.5 Notes mentioned radio-call interface would change. I'm not seeing that.

The UI for the radio interface didn't change, but I think the "active" selection region has been reduced. It used to be tapping anywhere on the tile would select that radio call, I think it's been reduced to the "button" at the bottom of each tile. Haven't tested this extensively, but I haven't had any problems that I know of with a swipe being registered as a tap and selecting the wrong call since the update.

Plus they added a notification for when you have made a call, but didn't select the survivor to the main screen....Great!
    RedEye52Movado
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    Only thing upgraded was their profit margins in anticipation of their IPO. They'd absolutely make more if bundles were reasonable and they didn't make things harder. Whatever. You can either have10 bucks a week from me or 10 bucks every 4 months. Your choice.
    ant
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,168
    @General_Quatre @GrimGael you guys both make valid points. From my own perspective, I've invested a stupid amount of TG into my Walker Pit to have walkers that are basically cannon fodder and free charges for raiders. I would like my investment to be able to pay off and give raiders second thoughts about attacking my influence if they take an accidental hit or two. Most end-game players can easily handle up to level 23 walkers, so upping walker pit zombies to level 21 wouldn't break the game IMO.

I do respect where you're coming from, though. When I'm raiding others for TG and not influence, I want to blast through walkers as quickly as possible to minimize raid time.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    anniesprinkles
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    Also, having tougher walkers means more TG to steal. If you want a lot of TGs, you gotta work for it.
    Well, again, I'm fine with it either way. But to give ideas to NG with their track record is...imprudent I think.
    JayZGeneral_QuatreRedEye52
    I can't say that would necessarily follow, redeye
  • 8N88N8 Member Posts: 164
    @JayZ You put everything better than I could have said it.
    JayZanniesprinkles
    @JayZ What if instead of just upgrading/making it harder for the sake of making it harder for your opponent (keeping in mind you no longer lose TG if they succeed, and we're all in this together), what if upgrading Walkers earned you BP or something? That way, YOU see a gain from it without hurting other players, and it makes your investment worthwhile.
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 601
    What about the fact that we sometimes get the same outpost match,over and over! I felt sorry for the one I got several times over within minutes! And no,his shield didn't work,lol...
  • stoneheartstoneheart Member Posts: 62
    I think we can all agree this game in it's current state is broken. I will wait until I can play the last season 7 episode, and if things don't get any better after that, I will cold turkey quit.
    I am not going to say I'm quitting, but summer is here and I'm getting some help with some health problems, so I can really envision playing far, far less. We'll see...
  • CookiieMonsterCookiieMonster Member Posts: 9
    They changed the level of survivors available through a radio call...

I had a level 7 radio tower which permitted survivors up to level 14... an upgrade to level 8 gave a +2 to survivor level... So would have been level 1y survivors which is around the level you could train them at...

Now my level 7 radio tower only allows up to level 11 survivors.. . And the next level gives just +1... I can now see no point in upgrading them
    @CookiieMonster Effectively, nothing changed for the Radio Tent, or could you say that it became more valuable. Even though the description and maximum level of a called survivor has been lowered, that maximum level is now applied to all called survivors regardless of rarity, so if you call legendary survivors, they should actually be called at higher levels now than pre-update. A more detailed description here. In that topic, you'll also find NG describing why they made the change.