2.5 Updates that were NOT Mentioned

2»

Comments

• RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    > @GrimGael said:
    > I can't say that would necessarily follow, redeye

I'm not sure why. I suppose I phrased it poorly. All I was saying, kind of in response to @JayZ , was that if you want to earn more TGs on a raid, you will have to fight tougher walkers. Trying to be through raids quickly is good, but it will take longer to get more TGs from a tougher outpost. Thus, if you want more TGs, you gotta work for it.
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    They simply dont want players progressing as "quickly" before since they really have no end-game here. The more slowly you progress, the longer you might play and the more you might potentially spend. Game is being geared towards newer players who will never complain about the grind or damage points or radio survivor levels.
    8N8JadenSCBMA
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    edited March 2017
    To be fair, many of the things mentioned here were never on the list of things we expected to complete for release 2.5. I understand that some of them are popular suggestions, but we have a lot of work that goes into every update that doesn't directly translate into features.

We're still reading and compiling notes from the discussions here on the forums; the discussions here do not fall on deaf ears. On many of these concerns, there are reports on the like and dislike sides, and we have our initial plans for progression to compare to the data that players are generating as they play.

Given the number of unintended or underreported aspects of the update, we know that the next tasks for us include working on the trust relationship we have with players. We're not happy about the way this all has gone down, but we still believe in the goals and the direction we're heading in. The thing we need to do is show that we're not trying to be negative with the changes that we plan and execute. Clearly, that kind of thing takes time to build; and unfortunately, it can be torn down in a very short time.

This situation is our fault. In many cases, it's my fault directly. We can't take pride in making players unhappy. This isn't the time where we sit back and relax. Issues like this don't make us money, they cost us in the long run, and we are planning for a long future with NML. This is where we roll up the sleeves, and look for ways to work with the community to patch things up without diverting from the original goals and vision for the game.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    vshield50
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 598
    Warrior class went from barely usable to worthless now,even against the first level challenge walkers! Pretty pathetic considering she has a pink star and gold skull on her weapon:(
    SCBMA1RisKaLiSlowMo
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,089
    Thanks for the response @Shteevie. Refreshing, as always, to see you on the forums.

Just curious, what are the "goals and the direction we're heading in"? I assume missions tied to the TWD TV show will continue to be developed and new heroes will continue to be released (most likely to the dismay of many forum-goers, who are already concerned about token dilution).

It would be nice to know what else you guys are planning (e.g., towards the end of 2016, you guys communicated that quality of life improvements and the challenge rework were major upcoming projects). New challenge maps? New story missions? New modes of play? Quality of life improvements (I believe you had mentioned that you were looking into the gear-switching mechanisms a while back)? New special weapons? New survivor or equipment traits? New Council (please dear god say no on this one)?

Regardless of what's coming in the future, I would encourage you guys to continue to proactively solicit feedback on the forums (rather than being more reactionary to our complaints). Although there were some complaints about Challenge 2.0 (grind, number of rounds, rewards in token crates, etc.), it was generally a huge success, IMO.

The updates for Challenge 2.0 and the "quality of life" fixes were some of my favorite updates, in large part because those updates seemed to be built on the feedback of the many passionate voices on the forums.

Obviously you can't and won't cater to our every demand (if I had my way, there would be a radio scavenge mission that rewards 1 guaranteed radio per mission), and it's up to you guys what to and not to implement. However, I think there are many thoughtful people on these forums, and I hope that future updates follow the course of Challenge 2.0 where you guys had special discussion boards to talk through various aspects of gameplay and players were solicited to test out the new update. Obviously that was a huge overhaul and most changes don't require an entire subsection of the forums, but it would have been great, for example, if you had announced you were working on a new Council update and solicited feedback on what types of buildings could be included in a Council update.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    SCBMAWahooDawg
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @8N8

Can you update the post to include @Capleton note:

Another not mentioned change within 2.5: while you use a XP booster you'll no longer get doubled XP for retiring survivors.

Stated that it is no bug but working as intended.

• 8N88N8 Member Posts: 164
    @Helio Done
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    edited March 2017
    @Shteevie

I would like to remind you that actions speak louder than words... if we take a tally up "actions" like the reckoning, all the items on this post, etc... it doesn't really seem like you guys are actually listening...

Initially I was on NG's side with the reckoning issue, but now it seems there is a pattern of deceit that I can't simply ignore...

Edit: I want to add I'm not talking about bugs.. I'm talking about all the changes that end up with the answer of "it is working as intended" like the 2x booster change.

• vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,723
    > @Shteevie said:
    > To be fair, many of the things mentioned here were never on the list of things we expected to complete for release 2.5. I understand that some of them are popular suggestions, but we have a lot of work that goes into every update that doesn't directly translate into features.
    >
    > We're still reading and compiling notes from the discussions here on the forums; the discussions here do not fall on deaf ears. On many of these concerns, there are reports on the like and dislike sides, and we have our initial plans for progression to compare to the data that players are generating as they play.
    >
    > Given the number of unintended or underreported aspects of the update, we know that the next tasks for us include working on the trust relationship we have with players. We're not happy about the way this all has gone down, but we still believe in the goals and the direction we're heading in. The thing we need to do is show that we're not trying to be negative with the changes that we plan and execute. Clearly, that kind of thing takes time to build; and unfortunately, it can be torn down in a very short time.
    >
    > This situation is our fault. In many cases, it's my fault directly. We can't take pride in making players unhappy. This isn't the time where we sit back and relax. Issues like this don't make us money, they cost us in the long run, and we are planning for a long future with NML. This is where we roll up the sleeves, and look for ways to work with the community to patch things up without diverting from the original goals and vision for the game.

EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION @Shteevie ,

Most people always want to here the why or have an issue acknowledged in some way. I myself was frustrated when multiple requests to have the "Maxed Tomatos" issue resolved (even if temporarily) fell on deaf ears for a couple months. Granted you had spoke about it in the past but nobody said anything about what was planned or even a simple "No, we are not putting in a temporary fix until the next update posts" would have been progress.

My hats off to you for being honest and straight forward here. I respect that greatly. Thanks.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Hey, this communication thing isn't new. People have been talking about it for a long time.

This also goes back to a previous comment of mine, where how can you have things released, that people didn't know they were being released.
    Do you have a proper changelog in place,
    Do you test things,
    Do you have a log of whats happening.

Its great that you are endeavouring to communicate better. Hopefully it will work out.
    SCBMAGrimGael
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    > @Shteevie said:
    > To be fair, many of the things mentioned here were never on the list of things we expected to complete for release 2.5. I understand that some of them are popular suggestions, but we have a lot of work that goes into every update that doesn't directly translate into features.
    >
    > We're still reading and compiling notes from the discussions here on the forums; the discussions here do not fall on deaf ears. On many of these concerns, there are reports on the like and dislike sides, and we have our initial plans for progression to compare to the data that players are generating as they play.
    >
    > Given the number of unintended or underreported aspects of the update, we know that the next tasks for us include working on the trust relationship we have with players. We're not happy about the way this all has gone down, but we still believe in the goals and the direction we're heading in. The thing we need to do is show that we're not trying to be negative with the changes that we plan and execute. Clearly, that kind of thing takes time to build; and unfortunately, it can be torn down in a very short time.
    >
    > This situation is our fault. In many cases, it's my fault directly. We can't take pride in making players unhappy. This isn't the time where we sit back and relax. Issues like this don't make us money, they cost us in the long run, and we are planning for a long future with NML. This is where we roll up the sleeves, and look for ways to work with the community to patch things up without diverting from the original goals and vision for the game.

Well said! Thanks for that.
    KaLivshield50