How do you get the token crate?

Ok I feeling a bit dumb but how do you get the token crate?

I did the following

- Completed all 6 missions and got 3 stars in each of them.
- I got the challenge crate (25K XP) and the deluxe challenge crate (lvl17 rare assault armour - my survivors are lvl17 & 18)
- It then gave me the option to move to the next round which I pressed.
- It now says I have 31 stars.
- Also the crates have all changed, i.e. 60 stars for challenge, 90 for deluxe, etc

In order to have gotten the token crate, did I need to stay at that round and keep repeating the missions until I get the stars for the token crate? i.e. I shouldn't have advanced to the next round.

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,196
    Did you maybe just miss the animation on the token crate? Sometimes I press the "Accept" or whatever button too quickly without paying attention to what I got.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose Moderator Posts: 794
    You should have gotten the token crate at 30 stars.
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    Click on the crate at the bottom in the progress line. It will tell you how many stars you need.
  • StarkhornStarkhorn Member Posts: 68
    JayZ said:

Did you maybe just miss the animation on the token crate? Sometimes I press the "Accept" or whatever button too quickly without paying attention to what I got.

@JayZ - I don't think so but I've no real way to tell now. I don't know the number of tokens my survivors or classes would have had beforehand, I mean I couldn't figure out if my token increased.

You should have gotten the token crate at 30 stars.

@Cherokee_Rose, so if you press "move to next round" then does your stars automatically increase to 31 stars? I had only gotten 18 stars so only the deluxe crate when it offered to move me to next round. Now it says I have 31 stars
    jester said:

Click on the crate at the bottom in the progress line. It will tell you how many stars you need.

@jester - yeah before I pressed "move to next round", it said I needed 30 stars. However I had only gotten to 18 stars through missions. Then I pressed move to next round and my stars now says 31....but I never got a token crate.

So my question is do you have to repeat the missions until you get stars required for the token crate? i.e. do not press move to next round and repeat the missions until you get the stars required for token crate?
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    18 stars are the most you can get on one level. All the rewards come at once and must be collected immediately. Sometimes three or four crates at once. Best guess is you clicked on it and collected it but didn't realize it.

If you still think you didn't get it, I'd suggest an in-game ticket to support.
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose Moderator Posts: 794
    @Starkhorn When you moved to the next round you earned bonus stars that put you up to 31. After you opened the tg crate a token crate should have popped up for 30 stars. At this point you are working toward the 60 star crate. You probably earned it but just missed it.
  • KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
    I'm also pretty sure I didn't get the token crate. Even if you click through them somewhat quickly, I would notice if I got tokens because that's a new and exiting thing to win. I do not remember seeing any tokens. I'll pay very close attention next time. It will take a while since the next token crate is at 120 stars and I'm only at 50.
  • StarkhornStarkhorn Member Posts: 68
    edited February 2017
    @Shteevie, @Cherokee_Rose, @jester - ok thanks for the clarification. I guess I just missed it although I really didn't think that I did miss it.

I re-watched @painclasher video below, I didn't see him get a token crate either. At 8:19, he presses "move to next round", you see his deluxe crate, but no token crate. At 8:57, there is a token crate but it says you reached 120 stars and not "you reached 30 stars". Also it doesn't seem to be a continuous video, i.e. it looks to have been edited for him to jump to that point.

Cherokee_Rose
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    @Starkhorn I think he fast forward his clip to the other crate
  • ZeenaZeena Member Posts: 126
    I don't think I got a token crate either. It would be nice to be able to see what tokens we have gotten so far.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,929
    edited February 2017
    Shteevie said:

If many players find this too problematic and get stuck repeating missions and wondering why they do not get more stars, we may change things down the road and insist that the player move on.

Please don't. Pretty please.

Just make a big "Go to next round" text on a button?
    JadenRedEye52
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    @Shteevie
    "Staying in a round after you get 3 stars on every mission cannot earn you more stars; we left in the option in case the player was unsure if they could beat the next round, or if they wanted to use the challenge missions as faux-scavenges. If many players find this too problematic and get stuck repeating missions and wondering why they do not get more stars, we may change things down the road and insist that the player move on. "

Yeah. Doesn't really make sense to leave the round open if it's not beneficial. I was trying to figure out why it says I can go back to missions when I already had all 18 stars. Had to ask in the guild if more stars are available to get or what. Just make the next advancement automatic if they have all 18 stars. Clear and concise.
    jimmorrison369JadenbigbeanoRedEye52T_12
    edited February 2017
    @jimmorrison369 But that's a choice you want to make. They aren't beneficial as a whole to not move forward. There are actual scavenge missions for scavenging. Regardless of their rewards and so forth. The challenge shouldn't be unclear solely for the few who want to use them differently.
    RedEye52
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,929
    bsgper4 said:

The challenge shouldn't be unclear

I agree on that part.
    So maybe if it was less hard for people to comprehend.
    Both can exist at the same time.

NG on purpose added the option for scavanging challenges.
    I don't know how many really want it (like me and I can imagine those buying boosters), but I don't think they are few.
    General_QuatreJadenRedEye52Governator
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    > @bsgper4 said:
    > @jimmorrison369 But that's a choice you want to make. They aren't beneficial as a whole to not move forward. There are actual scavenge missions for scavenging. Regardless of their rewards and so forth. The challenge shouldn't be unclear solely for the few who want to use them differently.

The reason is that gas cost will be less for scavenging the challenge missions, allowing more "bang for your buck." People will figure the system out. It's only day 2. Give it time before you assume it's so confusing that players' heads will explode. Give us SOME credit ;)
    jimmorrison369Jaden
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    The token crate doesn't always have tokens. In one round, mine had XP. I've completed 3 rounds and I have only received tokens once.
    TJCartRedEye52
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    First round I got some Morgan's and the second round gave me bruiser
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    I did not get an option to open the Challenge reward crate given at 240 stars. No pop-up appeared telling me I've hit 240 stars. I am 100% certain nothing popped up. Now hopefully it contained XP, food or Gold and was added with no visuals since I didnt catch my totals of those b4 I started that mission. But Im only mentioning it in case others had a similar issue.
    @jimmorrison369
    Main issue is that unless people come to the forum (search and then sometimes have to read pages to find the answer buried on page four of the fifth thread they find) they don't know a lot abt the challenge. Yeah, there was a video, kinda scattered and all the lil ins and outs aren't explained. That, I find irritating even as someone who does use the forum. I know there's been talk before abt people shouldn't have to come to the forum to know how things work in game.
    So I guess there's already plenty that needs fixing.
    And I didn't mean few as in three or four. I merely meant the minority.

@General_Quatre
    No one's head is gonna explode. Clear concise is how it should be period. Shouldn't have to "figure it out" or wonder or go through trial and error wasting resources.
    I also didn't assume. It's fact.
    jimmorrison369
  • axl144axl144 Member Posts: 61
    Hi survivors!
    I don't get the first token crate - the one after the first round. The game just skips it... Not just once, but for the 3 or 4 past weeks. I think it's one of the bugs that are still crawling around :))
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @axl144 I'm not sure what level you are but if you started at RSL 12 or higher you should attain it as soon as you complete the first round. Meaning once you press the button to move onto the next round you should immediately see a TG crate reward followed by a token crate reward since you are technically earning the rewards together (completion of round and hitting/passing 30 stars for the first token crate).

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 132
    edited March 2017
    @Dale You are incorrect. The token crate always has tokens whether they are survivor or hero tokens. Your confusion comes from the fact that not every bonus crate is a token crate. On the "crate counting bar" at the bottom of the challenge screen, it lists 3 different crate levels which progress from Challenge Crate, Deluxe Challenge Crate, and Token Crate (or at later levels, 2 Deluxe Challenge Crates and a Token Crate). In those first two crates, you can receive equipment, supplies, or XP.

If this is not the case for you, than it is a bug and you should report it in the "Bugs" section if you want it changed.
    RedEye52
    @TJCart I can determine no pattern regarding when the token crates appear and what is in them if they do. I shall have to start collecting data and screenshots if I am going to report it.
  • axl144axl144 Member Posts: 61
    @DLich you are correct in theory but it skips the first token crate and I get nothing. First TC I actually get is the one at 120*.
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 132
    @Dale I had to get to my next rewards tier to demonstrate, but here's pictures finally:

• JimmyJumpJimmyJump Member Posts: 6
    yea same here I didn't get the token crate after the first round. Im spewing.
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    Well it's not happening to me.However,I do find it strange I get Glenn tokens twice every week,they don't seem that random at all! I get the "same old same old" every week.
    Thanks @TJCart I'll keep an eye out for that.