Training survivor queue

I would like to see a queue where you put the order you want to train your survivors and the weapons that way once one is complete it will automatically start on the next one as long as you have all the necessary requirements to do so
General_Quatre1Risekimhclewhhmcameron

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Need to be careful with an idea like that.
    What happens if the person/equipment is in the team.

Will it still start and force you to choose another survivor for the team or will it wait until you remove them from the team. (And what counts as removing them from the team)
    jagsfanjonhhmcameronbast3
  • jagsfanjonjagsfanjon Member Posts: 11
    I agree if not done right it would be huge headache. It just takes so long to upgrade a lot of time I forget what order I wanted it done especially with the weapons
    WalkerWarrior
  • hhmcameronhhmcameron Member Posts: 224
    Survivors in a mission queued into training status could be put on training lock and removed from the Team as soon as they are not on mission status.

Weapons and equipment being upgraded are already useable in missions at their pre-upgrade level from when their upgrade starts until their upgrade is complete, so nothing need be changed there.

The Outpost Defenders, on the otherhand, are not so easily dealt with.
    Could be that they are skipped until they are removed from Defender Status by the Player... and when they are removed from defender status after they are skipped, they are then the next to be trained in their original queued order.

Say, 4, 5, and 6 are defenders,
    1 is trained,
    2 is trained,
    3 is trained,
    4, 5, and 6 are skipped
    7's training is started
    Player takes 6 off defender status,
    7's training is finished,
    6's training is started,
    Player takes 5 off defender status,
    Player takes 4 off defender status,
    4 is trained after 6's training is finished,
    And so on.
    jagsfanjonWalkerWarrior
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 132

Say, 4, 5, and 6 are defenders,

1 is trained,

2 is trained,

3 is trained,

4, 5, and 6 are skipped

7's training is started

Player takes 6 off defender status,

7's training is finished,

6's training is started,

Player takes 5 off defender status,

Player takes 4 off defender status,

4 is trained after 6's training is finished,

And so on.

This sounds like a mechanical engineer's solution--logic driven, but inelegant as heck. A much more simple solution would be to put a simple "lock" on survivors in queue that would make them unavailable for other things like missions, the same way survivors in the outpost function. It may not be as robust a solution as hhmcameron's, but the programming logic and player interaction is simplified.
    jagsfanjon