For next challenge, will lvl21 players start at RSL15 or RSL16?

As @Shteevie posted in another thread:
Shteevie said:

Edit: players with level 21 survivors are getting starts of difficulty 21. Since the challenge has already started, this is not something we can change for this challenge. It was not intended in the development of 2.5, but we will keep an eye on players' ability to make progress in case an adjustment is needed.

So it's not intented for level 21 players to start at RSL16 and nothing can be done for this challenge. The question is: what will happen for next challenge? Some of us are still upgrading our council and we must decide what we upgrade next: training grounds or workshop. If level 21 players start at RSL15, it may be interesting to upgrade our survivors first. Otherwise, we may prefer to upgrade weapons first and only upgrade our survivors when we have good lvl 24 gear for them.

I think it's important that NG clearly states what will happen in the next challenge so we can choose an upgrade path. Shteevie's answer does not make it clear at all. The change is not intended, but they will monitor and make adjustments if it's needed? I don't get it, if it's not intended then it's not intendended and should be fixed ASAP.
paintbeastDLichShut_UpDavid_H79ArtisansGeneral_QuatreWahooDawg

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,510
    Basically I'm reading the adjustments part being if the elite players still earn a massive amount of stars (elite being those whom started at RSL 16 because they are so advanced in the game and spent gold to rush things) then they'll keep it this way.

It's not about losing the 15 stars + 18 stars = 33 stars. It's about being able to advance as intended.

If starting at RSL 16 was not intended it should be corrected next go around end of story in my opinion.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    WahooDawgp_herian
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,865
    There is definitely a discrepancy. Because @SCBMA mentioned he started at RSL 15 with 10 Level 21 survivors.
    I have less 21 survivors and started at RSL 16.
    So there is a fix needed. It's coincidence if you start at RSL 15 or RSL 16.
    So if you start at RSL 16 you miss 107 stars, because the triple rounds start at RSL 20.
    It would only be fair, if player with the same survivor level starts at the same RSL.
    DLichWahooDawgRedEye52
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2017
    As I think more about it, I believe that both level 20 and level 21 should start at the same level. Why? Because level 21 players should be able to score more stars than level 20 players. If a level 20 player gets 3 stars in each round from 15 to 25, and a level 21 player gets 3 stars from 16 to 26... what's the point of leveling at all, besides outposts and story missions? You would always get the same amount of stars no matter your level, as long as you have fully upgraded survivors and gear.

On the other hand, if both start at the same level, someone with level 21 survivors would should be able to play one extra round (that would translate into 3 or 4 because of the replays), invest more time in the game and would need more gas, so that should be balanced too, or it would take us to where we were before the challenge revamp.

What are NG plans about it?
    Steeboon
  • ShteevieShteevie Moderator, Staff Posts: 1,333
    We are not going to change the current challenge, of course, but are going to be gathering data from the game and from the players who had contacted us requesting the change to come up with a plan. Right now, all options are on the table.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    GrimGael
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,531
    @Shteevie I would like to start at RSL20.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    TheLostOnes
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @Juanlo
    Level 21 can earn more stars than level 20 did even with the level increase:

Level 21 starting at level 16 finishing level 21 can get 373 stars
    Level 20 starting at level 15 finishing level 20 can get 363 stars

It's 10 stars more

You can see the difference here:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/24459/you-requested-it-so-we-rewind#latest
    @DLich
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
    @Monsuta, thanks for the info, I didn't take into account that you add 1 extra star per round if you start at level 16.
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    There's no way to know. They're watching and planning. They might do something, but as always, there's no way for them to know if they will and what that something will actually do ingame, until they do it, then they will watch and plan again.
    Lol, why ask why.
    1RisArtisansRedEye52
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Heresy.
    Predictive data analysis, like beta testing, is pagan voodoo practiced by ignorant savages.
    DLichJadenMonsuta
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,658
    @TheLostOnes

I could do that. I sometimes do. :#
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits, Elder in Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 917
    Not a bad idea, @TransmuteJun. Though I bet it will create other unforeseen obstacles which I'm not smart enough to figure out.

Point is, the Walker Buff should not have happened, or at least not at these high levels. Between that and the grind to level up survivors and gear, AND the Challenge RSL going up one or TWO for some people, the game has become very skewed against end-gamers, as @DLich's data has pointed out (and thanks for doing the math on that).

I have read all of @Shteevie and @Teeceezy's posts about why these things have happened, but I'm not sure they grasp the full consequences for the players. Maybe it sounded good in concept, but in execution is just hurting a lot of players and making them not want to play. I am in that boat, and feel like I'm just sort of lying down and taking it for now.
    crambert_necRedEye52paintbeast
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,658
    For now I am just glad that I decided to take the pressure out of it and claimed the lamethrower at level 20.

I'm having a much easier challenge than the players who have already upgraded one or more survivors to level 21.

That doesn't seem right at all...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits, Elder in Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    p_herianMizTy
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,060
    My issue with the starting level is the same issue I have with most everything from NG. Poor communication. I would have waited until the challenge started to upgrade any survivors to level 21 if NG had provided a PSA on the subject. I finished the first stsge of level 28 and earned 1,132 stars last week. This would have been 1,239 stars if not for my level 21 survivors. Players who started at a lower level and were not able reach level 28, earned many more stars.

And don't get me started on the cluster that was the lack of communcation/explanation on the level 20 to 21 survivor training cost discrepancy...
    David_H79Ifyourforgive
  • Loewe1968Loewe1968 Member Posts: 527
    @Shteevie

Is it so difficult to answer a simple but decisive question? ;)

Under which conditions (fighter level and number of fighters) start with RSL 15 and when with RSL 16?
    JuanloJackBauer