S7M Episode 15: Deep-Sea Creatures - Official Discussion Thread

10 minutes and it's new episode time!
David_H79AndreaTheLostOnes

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,522
    Whoa, new walkers. Very exciting!
    Andrea
    PSA: There's a bug in this mission. When you open the crate, your turn ends automatically, EVEN IF your survivors have remaining action points. Be careful.
    JackBauer
  • xxarea83xxxxarea83xx Member Posts: 221
    Keep Back as much as possible. Distance is your friend
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

IGN: xxarea83xx
    Guild: Anti Walkers
    Player Level: 68
    Andreafalowyn
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    I believe it was intended @JayZ

Only 1st trial, but my poor Abe already heavy injured bcause, the new fatty is so Stunning! >:)
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    @Squall why would that be intended? No other missions ever automatically end your turn like that. It's completely counter-intuitive.

I don't usually have to worry about the order in which I do things because I can usually open a loot crate and kill zombie stragglers on the same turn. In this mission, I accidentally opened the crate first, and my turn ended, so all of the zombies that I was going to kill with my other survivors got some free shots in at me.

I'm just glad I discovered it in the warm-up trials and not with my own survivors.
    IfyourforgiveMizTy
    I dont know @JayZ maybe they love to mocked us? I don't think they forgot to test the mechanism before it launched. :p

Oh and the stun frm fatty can be accumulated. If your survivor already stun and hit by explosion you can't move for 2 rounds >:)
  • RapaxRapax Member Posts: 256
    I really like new walkers expecially because I can take adventage of them against free man in challenges..
    Anyway.. I always like new things.. this is the key to make a good game a great game!
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    I'm all for new walkers, but these are kind of lame. Now water logged fatties explode. Why? That makes no sense.
    stick_ninjabsgper4ant
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    I think it will offer a new interesting tactical angle when we get Goo walkers and Free Men in the same mission.

I'm looking forward to gooing the Free Men. (However, we're still waiting for a map with exploders and Free Men where we can set them on fire)
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
  • stick_ninjastick_ninja Member Posts: 34
    So the goo walkers only stun humans? Tried stunning walkers with it and it doesn't effect them.
    TheLostOnesCRUSH
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    I think if you are in the stun radius and get hit, you should become camouflaged to other walkers. You are being covered in zombie guts after all.
    KillingLightDusky
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Umm so great mission to have when stun resistance isn't working, huh?
    JayZMizTy
    Just make sure after the 1 wave end, don't kill the last walker until all your survivor reach the bottom of the map. From there it's easy kill, completed the trial without scratch.
    stick_ninjaGebobsGeneral_QuatreMrsScattercushion
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    I don't get why they explode, but it is what it is.... and I got stunned by the tank, then I shot the tank, it exploded, and the stun counter went from 1 to 2... if I was already stunned I don't think the explosion should add to it :)

• InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    They´re filled of gas...that´s why they explode ;)
    1RisMizTy
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412

I'm all for new walkers, but these are kind of lame. Now water logged fatties explode. Why? That makes no sense.

Well, remember in season 2 on the farm when they pulled that walker out of the well? I'm guessing these explode just like that one did. Oh wait...

Either way, any new mechanics to the game are a welcome change for me even if they don't follow any sort of realistic or Hollywood logic.
  • meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
    I guess I'm being really dense but twice now I've had to flee the mission because all the sudden a bunch of Walkers came out and stunned all of my survivors. I can't tell if it's a bug or if I just haven't been able to figure out the mechanics yet

For those saying that you have to wait to kill the last walker until you're at the bottom, it didn't even give me a chance to get to the bottom. Furthermore it wasn't the last zombie on the board either, there was a few left I don't know how many I shot one and then they all ran out and stunned all of my survivors. Game over, game over man

it didn't seem to work that way when I was using their players, but now I've got to wait over an hour to use my favorite survivors again so I hope I figure it out soon cuz this sucks ass

Now see I just went and ran it and I had no problems at all that time. I don't know if I just lost my concentration twice in a row or if I wasn't paying attention I have no idea now. But it certainly seemed like something wonky happened in the other two attempts that got me in so much trouble with guys suddenly just pouring in and beating the crap out of me. I'll have to keep a close eye the next couple of times I try it, I think I've got 3 more rounds left
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @meathead013

I had the experience of getting mobbed like you described on the first trial with my own survivors and went into immediate struggle with one. Here is my prescription to avoid it:

1) Kill all walkers. I used Hunter (Maggie for XP) and 2 shooters so I could keep distance. There is no turn-based spawn so take all the time you need to do it safely. When all of those walkers are gone,

2) Move 2 of your survivors to the bottom and open the crate with the other. Your turn will end as soon as you open it, and walkers will spawn on the beach. Run away to the bottom of screen with the survivor who opened the crate.

3) Methodically kill walkers, keeping your guys at bottom and making sure the exploding walkers can't reach you. I like shooters for this because you can charge on normals and use the free crit on the goo monsters.

4) Make sure you're back away from the shore when you kill the last walker, because the spawn at the shore will come immediately and get an action before you do. The animation happens basically at the same time you get the kill, which might be why it feels wonky.

5) Repeat step 3 and win. Get some phones. Spend them. Or hoard them. Makes no difference to me.
    JayZTJCartMizTy
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 550
    In higher levels a charged shooter can damage a goo walker, but you need to shoot him again. Or damage him and Melee him. They don't explode if you stab him. Used 2 long range Shooters and Abe leading the team. Was a fun episode, but description of the new walker came up after I already found out the hard way that the explosion can stun your guys!
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Another example of a stand off and shoot map.

Nice to have new walkers and a new map but with a 1/10 degree of difficulty it wasn't particularly challenging.
    Please can we have another map like a couple of weeks ago where a little thought and strategy was required.....
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Ifyourforgive
  • GarretGarret Member Posts: 135
    What about father Gabriel's leader trait? Any comments?
    I thought Father Gabriel leader trait should be 'Confession'. If a walkers make a confession, then they wil repent and become vegetarian...
    GarretMizTyJadenpsychwolf
    Now that I finish this mission and thinking back on what happened in those runs that got messed up, I'm pretty sure that there was some type of glitch because the Walkers didn't just come out they came out and attacked without any pause at all. As I replayed the mission I saw that the zombies would stop when they came out and not attack right away, which of course is usual in the game. But on the ones that I lost the mission the zombies didn't just come out, they immediately attacked. It was as if I had pressed the next turn button without moving so the zombies got a free attack, which is why my survivors got stunned.

I've noticed in the past on rare occasions when I'm mashing the button trying to fast forward through turns when I had already killed all the zombies and I'm waiting for the next group to come out that once in a great while the zombies would get two turns in a row without me getting my turn. it was as if the next turn button would build up an extra press because I was going too fast I suppose. This did not happen often but it did happen which made me try to make sure to press the button a little slower. I'm wondering if something like that happened and just happened to happen twice in a row, even though I'm now careful not to push it too fast. I don't know, I'm speculating because it was very weird, but it didn't happen again after those first two instances
    Kick_ass
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Father Gabriel's leader trait is praying that the next update isn't as much of a shambles as the last one!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    JadenpaintbeastSquall_NMLPain Walker
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    Thank you for sharing your strategy with us @Mabiki . It worked great! I finished the challenge without a scratch! Thanks for being so helpful :)