Are you satisfied with 2.5 changes (do not consider bugs)?

2»

Comments

• PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    No
    It added no real new content other than maps that they can make very easily.

Overall the update was severly detrimental to players and the overall game with the end game cap being lifted which only benefits NGs pockets.

We need new content, new things to do, NG havant given us that since outposts (which still dont work right). Now with them taking the easy out of just lifting the cap to me suggest they have lost the creative spark for the game and are treading water churning out cut and paste updates.
    SgtSalami
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Treading cash, you mean?
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    No
    @Rocketman Sure, you will always have some people that are just negative no matter what. I just think (hope) that that isn't the majority here.
    RocketmanJaden
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 960
    @TheLostOnes Not to be negative here but you are kinda on both sides of the fence here. You stated that you are pretty sure that the player base is somewhat prone to be negative, but later on you proclaimed players won't be holding back with criticism, which is a blessing for NG. My guess is individuals have different interpretations of being outright negative as opposed to having constructive criticism. And let's not forget what Rage taught us (Anger is a gift ~ 1:43).

TheLostOnesWahooDawg
    @TheLostOnes And I can totally understand your stance. I often cringe and want to lay into forum members who consistently troll threads. That is not constructive, for either side. I believe the impetus of the negativity and criticism of players posting is a result of the lack of communication from NG. While I can understand unintended bugs with an update, drastic spikes for xp upgrades should have been broadcast to the playing community.
    TheLostOnesJadenjimmorrison3691Ris
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    There are those who give good solid constructive criticism without being a holes and then there are... we'll you get the idea.
    BttlOpener
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 728
    No
    Update 2.5 is horrible, and I think NG is starting to hate us because all they are looking for is the money from our pockets. Also check out the survivor training costs, it is really painful to even upgrade 1 survivor as my XP storage is mostly pretty empty, but when it's full this 2.5 shitty update happens and i can't even upgrade 2 frickin' survivors back to back. NG should be ashamed of themselves. Taking us for granted like that.

Yeah and for all that shit i said above, go on, maybe the next step would be banning me from the forums and then the game. Go on :)
    The only way to survive a mad world is to embrace the madness.
    Lol, there are also fawning sycophants here too. That turns my stomach by far more than the ALLCAPS negative rants.
    There's also a tendency to praise once, but spread complaints across multiple threads and multiple visits. It's the nature of the beast. I don't swing by and comment when everything's chugging along fine with any frequency compared to say...after an update that breaks the game etc. So there's a natural skew anyway.
    JadenDodkong
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited March 2017
    No
    It's assumed that you get grumpier as you get older so we're just a bunch of grumpy old gits.
    I'd like to see the age group poll that was done cos i thought the average age on here was well over 30.....
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    TheLostOnesbigbeanostick_ninja
  • AnielAniel Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2017
    No
    Challenges are still too much time consuming. It takes too much to reach high level and face a proper challenge. The main issue with challenges has not been fixed: Boredom.

It took me 6 months to reach level 20, willing to enjoy end-content, I started to build my survivors and equip just to find out now everything I did is useless and I have to start over all again.

I am less motivated to play each day and I might quit soon.
    T_12Shut_UpJayZOneVoice
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
    No
    Unsatisfied. Even with the 1 minute gas of last weekend, you still need to devote a lot of time to the game to reach a wall on challenges. They just reduced the levels with 4 repetitions to 3, but they should also have reduced 3 to 2, and adjust rewards accordingly. I don't care if I get less stars because everybody will get less stars. More and more people (veteran players) are leaving the game because of the job it has become, and the revamp did nothing to fix it. Rewards are better and star count is higher, but it's the same tedious, repetitive and boring job.
    KaLi
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    No
    did STU helped you guys with this update, cuz it's horrible!
    MizTy
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    No
    @Amazayn
    That's been my theory for quite some time already... Stu went to Finland to mess up the update because he was mad that he got booted from his guild (or some such... you can never know the minds of people like Stu...).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    bigbeanostick_ninja
  • DeanTWDDeanTWD Member Posts: 187
    No
    No and my interest in the game is dying now :|
    Shut_UpBuckzzAniel
  • iced1979iced1979 Member Posts: 65
    No
    No. All this update did was nerf everything from ranged to meles lowered the rewards increased the costs........to me it seemed that NG was trying to nerf the previous update which could been a little to generous. However just like any other business you can't give something and than take it away......I see that are about 6% people that like new update my guess they in NG payroll. Besides the two new challenge missions that are new and will become old soon nothing and I mean NOTHING was good about this update. Good luck with the IPO......I'm out
    General_Quatre
  • FragzieFragzie Member Posts: 584
    No
    Wrap a turd up and and try and put bows and spangly things on it (no idea where the bows and spangly things were in this update) it's still a turd.
  • Jester_CGFJester_CGF Member Posts: 84
    Yes
    I voted yes but tbh it's becuz the update didn't really affect me at Level 48 w/ L19 Survivors and only 2-3 pieces of "upgraded" gear. All I really got out of this update is some new maps, and a little bit longer to go till endgame haha

....enjoy the journey......I've always said that about these types of games......no need to rush into a brick wall called "endgame".....enjoy the journey.

HOWEVER, having said that - I can see where some people would be frustrated over the level increase.......if it was me, I'd be more pissed it was "only +1"....instead of something like +5. At least with +5 Levels, I know my current gear will be useless....+1 would just make me question the validity of the XP/Time investment needed to do 75 more damage lol

"Individually, we are but drops of water in the ocean. But together, we are the ocean!"
    edited April 2017
    @Jester_CGF I was going to disagree with your post not only 'becuz' you spelled 'becuz' becuz but BECAUSE NG chose to totally skew the upgrade cost of the training grounds and workshop. https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/buildings/ Check it out, doubling the cost is a way to push players to spend gold (either earned or by purchasing) or to make their progress longer without spending. NG has added very little to the game other than a longer road to having your survivors leveled up and geared up again.
    Shut_UpWahooDawgGeneral_Quatre
  • SmittySpivey3SmittySpivey3 Member Posts: 324
    No
    No for one reason. Walker buff is cheap and screws every single aspect of my investment in getting better. HUGE STUPID OVERREACH. Or maybe its just a reach around. So I am supposed to spend my way to level 21s and again have their potential nerfed. Its why I don't buy gold for healing anymore. It feels like you do when your fu**ing water bill goes up yet again and you have to pay it anyway.
    Shut_Upjimmorrison369Invader
    @SmittySpivey3 Walker buff isn't that cheap, unless you also lower the hunters and assaults damage. That is the key to NG's game. No steps forward, two steps backwards.
  • SmittySpivey3SmittySpivey3 Member Posts: 324
    No
    @BttlOpener agree mostly. But buffing every single type of walker overall to any degree is a cheap screw on every single move on the challenges. Flaming armored walkers by example, on a map that's already tough enough is also cheap, however not game altering across the board. Its like raising the costs of everything by 10% or whatever. Frito Lay small bags of chips were 99 cents 5 years ago. Then they went to 1.09. Then not long after they went to 1.49 but increasd the bag volume slightly to mask the hike. Last month they've now gone to 1.69. I'm talking about the printed price on bag not any specific retailer. The point is that the free market will decide when tolerance ends for the incremental grab. If my progress is eaten away at then why even progress? Its discouraging rather than encouraging and also was unecessary. This thread asked for an opinion of satisfaction regarding the changes and thats my 2 cents.
    GrimGaeljimmorrison369
    @SmittySpivey3 You are well within your rights to have your opinion. I will put it to you this way though. NG needs to hold back players, especially ones who will push towards getting back to the end game many of us had before the recent update. Is it right, NO. Buffing walkers at the same time of the update is, shall I say, a dick move. This is exactly why they made nightmare mode in chapter 14 so difficult. The longer you force players to advance, the more money you might earn. I have already encouraged my guild to play for the long haul and not spend any money.
    SmittySpivey3SgtSalami
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    edited April 2017
    No
    @Teeceezy promised greater stars. There have been markedly less, globally.

The update is a combination of older story maps, revamped challenge maps, and a few new scenes that lose their enjoyment once spikey shows up with his particularly NG buffing (body shot, body shot, body shot, body shot, body shot, body shot, ad nauseum) alongside the enhancement of all other walkers, in combination with reduction of our survivors' strength. They buff (so they say, though I haven't seen it work in reality) the melee srvrs but provide maps that only can be managed at higher levels by ranged weapons, which they have conveniently nerfed. As for the maps; one in every six is designed to impede progress (Archives, Quarry Crossroad, etc.). This is an exercise in reward reduction, not in challenge enhancement for the player's greater experience, as they say.

It is a insult. It is a lie.

And my vote was a NO!
    SmittySpivey3KaLi
  • SekushiSekushi Member Posts: 53
    I dont care
    I voted " I don't care" I just play coz DTP/friends are awesome.
    GrimGaelJaden
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,142
    No
    the challenge rewards have NOT increased to compensate for starting 1 RSL higher, even though that is what NG promised.

I am the one and only Zee Black, climbed all the way to Level 75, part of SG Woot, the 3 million star guild

MizTyJaden
    (do not consider bugs) (hahahaha)
    JackBauerJadenSCBMAbigbeano