Deadlies again

I know this has been posted on here many times but I think they should bring back the deadly missions. As everyone else says, I have an empty and completely useless memorial that's just sitting there collecting dust. I know they got rid of them because people were complaining about their survivors dying, but seriously, this is the walking dead. It's a zombie apocalypse, people die. It's just a way of life in that world. People need to get over it.

Now, one thing I have seen on here and I do actually agree with it... I don't think they should let us use heros in the deadly missions. I would hate to lose one of my heros and have to start over again. There are also a lot of people that have spent quite a bit of money upgrading their heros and it would not be fair if they lost them just like that. I have a legendary Rick and a legendary Daryl, Glenn is about to be legendary, and I have quite a few heros that are epic now and a few more that will be soon. I don't want to lose them, but I couldn't care less if I lose one of my other survivors though. I'll just get another one.

I think it adds another dimension to the game, makes the game more realistic (cuz seriously, who would watch a zombie apocalypse show where nobody dies), makes it more entertaining overall, and gives a meaning to the memorial again. As long as people don't cry about their dead survivors, we should be able to have the deadlies back. Also, you don't have to play the deadly missions, you can play the regular or hard scavenge missions, maybe just make the deadly missions have a better chance of yielding a legendary weapon or gear.

Let me know what you guys think.
T_12

Comments

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    If deadly missions returned, I would still have an empty and useless memorial that just collected dust.

In the early days of the game it was really cool to have the deadly aspect of these missions. They also put hard limit on how far you would go on the challenges because you just couldn't risk those beyond a certain point.

The difference between now and then is that most people have tricked out legendary survivors they don't want to lose, and the cost of getting survivors has dramatically increased. Back then, you did a radio call, rolled the dice and got what you got, at the cost of 1 radio. There were no tokens to invest, no using 15 radios per roll.

I could see deadly missions re-implemented with a small twist. Dead survivors are still on your roster, but are unavailable for 24 or 48 or 96 hours versus the regular 2 hour hospital period. Or they are devolved to a previous level. Or they are killed outright and they leave behind a corpse with all of the tokens, part of the experience spent etc which can be invested into the next survivor.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SgtSalamiT_12Human3001TheZorkki
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Given the fact that a survivor now has the potential to level up all the way to the end game and stick with you every single moment of your entire game life... I wouldn't want to see deadlies return. Not only for the risk I would run of loosing the survivor that I invested so much in. But very much also for all the trouble that clumsy survivor losses would cause support. No thanks.

Instead, just simply have the memorial show every survivor that you sacked after you have actually used them. It would be silly to have it show the ones sacked from the raio tower directly, since they would have no stats at all regarding their use.
    General_QuatreT_12lioncheeter
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 779
    But you can choose to not play the deadlies if you want to, and if you do, you don't have to use your favorite survivors. Use survivors that you can risk losing. Just for the reward of having a better chance of legendary equipment. Maybe make it so you can't do deadly missions until you reach a certain player level
    T_12
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
    @ekimhclew I used to love doing the deadlies and was unhappy when they left, but they will never bring them back.
    @SgtSalami I don't see why. You don't have to plat deadlies if you don't want to. And it makes it more realistic. I would rather some of my lower level survivors die every once in a while since, you know, this is a zombie apocalypse. People die, and sometime important people die. Look at what just happened in the show. Two of our most valued and most loved characters just died. but yet, in the game, no one dies ever. It's not a true zombie apocalypse unless people are actually dying. And if you don't want to lose your survivors, then don't play the deadly missions. Just play the regular scavenge missions, then everyone will be happy. I don't see a problem with it
    Human3001
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 728
    @ekimhclew Yeah they will not bring back deadlies only beacuse of heroes! But I've already suggested before, a solution to this - Only 1 hero per deadly mission and if s/he dies, another regular survivor gets "sacrificed" in place of the hero for maybe tokens and XP, or heroes just die and you earn them back later on!!
    The only way to survive a mad world is to embrace the madness.
    They could just make it so you can't play heros on deadly missions. Just regular survivors.
  • WalkerWarriorWalkerWarrior Member Posts: 46
    How about if a character dies, us as players could choose to 'revive' the fallen for a hefty price. Then we could decide who lives and if a survivor is really worth saving..
    Come join the Hells Family!!
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
    @ekimhclew I understand what your saying (I said some of the same things before when they eliminated deadlies), but it clearly simplifies things for NG, and they prefer to have it this way. It's not about whether we see a problem with it, but if the developers do. There would have to be an overwhelming push by the player base to even have a chance to get them to change this back.