Quarry Junction - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    edited March 2017
    @Teeceezy looks like @zbot is speechless lol. And daing it zbot, I want that gun lol
    MizTybast3ladyfarleigh13
    "Quarry gate" is from somewhere, I remember it. Chapter 11 mission maybe? I can't quite remember exactly.
  • ahboonahboon Member Posts: 13
    > @mimica said:
    > > @ahboon said:
    > > i start at lv16 too. Damn. I though losing 32 stars because I start at lv15 last challenge was bad.
    > > Now starting at lv16, I will be losing 65stars
    >
    > You're going to lose more than that because the triple rounds will start in lv20 not in lv19

If this is the case, then I will lose 107 stars if I did the same as what I did in last challenge (lv25)
    ladyfarleigh13
  • ahboonahboon Member Posts: 13
    > @Teeceezy said:
    > Thanks @paintbeast !

Why are we losing so many stars when we start at higher lv?
    What's the point of having lv21 survivors then?
    I got lv21 survivors last challenge n got 972 stars but stuck at lv26 because I dun have any wrestle skill. I'm sure I can't clear lv26 this time round too n calculating that I can only get 871 stars for clearing up to lv25...
    I'm super pissed with NG now
  • Skipping. See you next week
    I play Hearthstone and you should too.
    Lol nice. I knew it was very familiar and had played it before. The one with the box on the bridge is similar looking to a story mission as well but not the exact same.
    Jaden
  • p_herianp_herian Member Posts: 78
    'THE BOX' map is from Story mission - Rendezvous with Eden - Episode 8 Mission 2. It was called ' Bridge of Doom' more appropriate name than 'The Box'
    Found it in Zoson's Video Vault
    Governatorjammin
  • Black_JackBlack_Jack Member Posts: 278
    Like the challenge , not happy about the increasing level, I feel like I would be better off just playing with lvl 18 toons with fully upgraded gear and deleting my pink lvl 20 toons. We shouldn't be punished for trying to better the level of our toons
    gespuerjammin
  • OneVoiceOneVoice Member Posts: 133
    spawn is out of control. walkers harder to kill. walkers surround players some maps and player has to take hits without choice. the maps are not balanced. challenge less fun. guild stars will be lower because of these points too.

want a detailed report? i feel we are your testers on this challenge. pay me, you get one.

ng are ruining what could be a great game.
    you've added more grind, pain and anguish.
    this forum is littered with unhappy players.
    Invaderpsychwolf
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    edited April 2017
    Designed for failure. Promised greater stars, delivered less.

Quarry Crossroad starts at 3 turns before spawn. This is equivalent to the Archives map. NG establishes one map per challenge that will ultimately staunch progress and, at some point, keep everyone from advancing past what they used to be able to do before the last challenge update. Totally unfair, yet they espouse this approach is in aid of making everything more balanced and "challenging" for everyone!

Lesser stars equals lesser rewards which equals greater need for those wishing to advance beyond a snails pace. They hope the "choke" feeling will urge us to pay. From Beelzebub's perspective it is perfection!

If the "pay" option weren't so forced, and the expected dollar value weren't so ridiculously obscene, maybe they would actually make more money and maintain a solid player base. But that is good business practice, not one being exercised here.
    Monsuta
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 712
    What a freshening effect this challenge had on me!
    Alive!
    JackBauerAnarchi
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,921
    I really like these 6 maps together. Fun challenge, diverse.
    Nice work!
    gespuer
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    With +50% hunter and double xp the map Army of 3 is my favorite one. I just repeat this map at 22.3 over and over. It's fast , costs only four gas, gives a lot xp and sometimes something legendary 21 shows up as rewards.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    gespuer
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,043
    edited April 2017
    Doable at high levels. Very easy. At RSL 28:1 it can be beat. Seen others hit 3 stars on this level and at 29. Just that other one with opening the gate is the hard one for me.
    jammin
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,204
    Quarry gate is kicking my ass. I'm using my best two hunters and a shooter
    Invader
  • mikpay2316mikpay2316 Member Posts: 110
    So is anything being done about the loss of stars for those who upgraded? I know a lot of people are upset. Leaders are instructing entire guilds to not level up. I'm pretty sure next games wants people to spend money upgrading.... more and more veteran players are quitting, and I don't blame them. I've been playing this game since the day it came out, and have spent hundreds if not thousands in that time, but if this doesn't get resolved I'm done. When you level up, you get more stars, not less...... it's not rocket science guys...
    OG Mike 420 - MAVERICKS FAMILY 4 LIFE!
    avelardezjammin
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    i'm stuck...
    JackBauerjamminSekushiavelardez
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    I had a really hard time with the challenge.
    Maybe the 'balanced' walkers or just bad ideas of tactics, it came to many and long hospital stays.

And I had the luck(?) to find many gold after mission crates and most of them had rare Level 20 and rare Level 21 gear. Very disappointed about that. You fight hard and some missions at RSL 26/27 finished at second or third time and there is no equivalent reward to do so.

• InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    edited April 2017
    I need one f******* star on Quarry Gate to reach the 900 mark :D

I´m on 25/2 and using epic Abe alongside two 6* hunters...

Any hints?

• gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    @Invader take Sasha as a leader accompanied with two of your best hunter.
    Concentrate on the fatty before the first respawn and block the upper right spawn point. Start to open the gate with your 2nd turn after first respawn.
    Use the exploder after opening the gate to give the two fatties the most damage. Stay left off the gate to kill as much walker as possible before passing the gate to avoid respawn on the right side of the gate.

Good luck, pal.
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

Invader
    gespuer said:

Good luck, pal.

Thx :)
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Invader said:

I need one f******* star on Quarry Gate to reach the 900 mark :D

I´m on 25/2 and using epic Abe alongside two 6* hunters...

Any hints?

At high levels, use wrestler armor for the 2 fatties, concentrate your fire on the normal walkers. And obviously -- as for several maps in this challenge -- optimize the timing of shooting the exploding walker so you take out as many as possible.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Invader
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    ... but @Invader I totally agree that Quarry Gate is the toughest of the six at high levels.

I hadn't foreseen that when playing the maps at low levels. Then I thought The Odds would become the hardest, but on that one you can time the explosions much better so it's one of the -- relatively -- easy maps at high levels.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    edited April 2017
    @invader
    you have 16 minutes left with +50% hunter bonus. I used Rufus and Two Hunters ;)
    Rufus should kill two walkers, the hunters shall take the fattie. Then Rufus opens the door, the two hunter try to be more at the bottom side of the map. At least one hunter at the lowest bottom.
    When the gate is opened the spawn will always come from left, so at that time rufus should be charged (with appropriate weapon not the flame thing).
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    InvaderJaden

At high levels, use wrestler armor for the 2 fatties...

You mean straight attack them without shooting first? Straight into melee fight?
    TheLostOnes
    JackBauer said:

@invader
    you have 16 minutes left with +50% hunter bonus.

I won´t get the bonus damage anymore...still in hospital. And Rufus is on rare class...

Then I thought The Odds would become the hardest, but on that one you can time the explosions much better so it's one of the -- relatively -- easy maps at high levels.

That´s what I thought too in the beginning. Had to replay a few times on lower level to get the third star. But as you can see on the screenshot, I managed it even in the higher levels...
    TheLostOnes