Why do YOU continue to play?

2»

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I don't anymore.
    My plan is to return in 6 months (maybe when the next season starts).
    I will review the changes they have made. If they look good, and there are more exciting things to do, I will return.

If its the same old stuff, and same old problems, I have saved myself 6 months.
    JackBauerstoneheartAngieMatheson
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Now that's a long term plan!
    stoneheart
  • MasterXMasterX Member Posts: 16
    I have uninstalled. And it's more fun now ...
    stoneheartAngieMathesonArtisans
  • javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 558
    When my son wanted to quit little league mid-season, I wouldn't let him. I told him he had made a commitment to his team and they were counting on him, so he had to wait until the end of the season to quit. It's kind of like that.

Aside from the commitment, it's the people. I'm still on the forums because I've met some great people here. Likewise, I still play because of my guildmates. I've been playing with some of them for over 16 months. To put that in perspective, it's long enough for two people to have met, fallen in love, had a baby, and split up because one of them wouldn't put their damn tablet down and stop playing a mobile game now and again! Really though, they are some of the nicest people I've never met, and I know some of them better than I know some of my neighbors.

But the biggest reason I still play? Rufus, of course.
    DTP leader
    Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
    Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
    stoneheartSCBMAAngieMathesonArtisansGrimGaelJaden
  • SebiSebi Posts: 146
    As the game goes dumber and dummer with every update the risk for developing Alzheimer it's been increased. ..I mean now it's just repetitive. .don't even need to think what to do...just point and shoot...again and again...what a great game. ...was 6 months ago. .
    Now I play for my guild friends and try to have fun and help others that still think this is a great game...which is no longer true...
    Having a great player base and wasting it...what a shame. ..
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,341
    I only play because of the friendships and team work. No matter how angery we get or closing our wallets to these people. We all have one thing in common. That's Drive, a feeling or unity and a common interest that grows into great friendships. We will not abaondon our friends. Our bonds have been holding stronger than these dumb moved these people keep doing. This game will flop once the series end. Unless they fix it and develop new levels and have a plan to continue this game beyond the series. And stop being so greedy.
    SebistoneheartZetteArtisansGrimGaelJaden
  • SebiSebi Posts: 146
    So right...my great friend Armando...this game is lucky to have players like you...or even like me...too bad they treat us like shit
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I've learned one thing on this thread. I should change my name to Pyg.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    stoneheartSCBMAKillersZAngieMathesonTHCrossJaden
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    This is one of the best (if not the best) thread here ever.
    It is heartwarming (bc of the reason that the guild thing keeps us playing) and really funny (see this post).

For myself I have to admit that I am an total addict. Even if a lot of content in this game drives me nuts I can't quit. And it's relaxing to see walkers flying over my screen when they die (one of the best bugs ever).

Thank you so much, @stoneheart , for starting this thread.
    stoneheartSCBMAJaden
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,332
    The only thing that keeps me going is my commitment to my guild. Otherwise, I would have uninstalled it a long time ago

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

capibarastoneheartDodkongArtisansbigbeano
  • stoneheartstoneheart Member Posts: 62
    I do enjoy the challenges and I enjoyed seeing my survivors getting stronger as I levelled them up... AND then they change the goalposts and made walkers stronger, which in turn makes my survivors less strong than they were. Just when I feel I am making progress, something else comes along to pull me back. I know they have to keep players playing, but I would have preferred them not to nerf or buff or whatever they are doing that alters the way my survivors perform.

Summer is around the corner too, which might be my biggest push to get me away from my screen and back into the "real" world.
    Zette
  • MediManMediMan Member Posts: 27
    I play because I just started playing less than a month ago. So I missed all the changes except 2.5. I'm enjoying the game and will continue to play for a while... probably. I have been known to just inexplicably lose interest in a mobile game overnight though.
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    I can't kill my boss so I kill zombies instead.
    Squall_NMLSCBMAAngieMathesongespuerbigbeanoMadPuppyJadenGovernatorcapibara
  • AnielAniel Member Posts: 96
    I am playing less than before, I am too disappointed by 2.5.
    AngieMatheson
  • deb1hddeb1hd Member Posts: 333
    I'm playing till we find Stu.
    SCBMAgespuerTHCrossJadenGovernatorcapibara
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,226
    When I first started playing this game about 18 months ago, it was the storyline that drew me in. Of course, the stories have stopped and it looks like they're never coming back. But in their place I have been loving the Season 7 missions! They are a real incentive to play every week. In the interim, I enjoy playing the challenges with my guild, particularly since the revamp (although losing stars with the new startling level adjustment was a big negative).

We'll see what happens in place of the season 7 missions over the summer, but I am still planning on playing challenges, at least.
    gespuerJadencapibara