Quarry Crossroads

I consider myself still a newbie, but I'm just getting my survivors to lvl 17 & am really trying to learn what traits & weapons work best together in certain situations. In this new challenge my survivors and walkers are at the same lvl, but I can't get out fast enough before they spawn behind me & I get bruised. (can't get 3rd star) If I'm understanding this correctly piercing is used when walkers are 4-5 lvl's above ur survivors. So if this is the case I shouldn't need piercing yet? (plus I don't have any descent piercing weapons upgraded either) Any tips on how I can pick up no injury star. Any advice or education would be VERY much appreciated.
"A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
Johnny "Drama" Chase

Comments

• JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    I kill as many walkers as possible, then move back to the beginning to kill off the new spawn wave (and be far enough away from the other walkers), then kill off the rest (using the exploding walker to help with that) and move towards the exit as quickly as possible.

There will often be another spawn but I try to avoid killing them if I am close enough to the exit. If not they are mostly easy enough to kill.

I use either assault, hunter, shooter ore two hunters, one shooter.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    anniesprinklesbigbeanostick_ninja
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    I have lvl17s but i do have piercing on 2 Rifles, plus silver/gold bore. I'm using 3 hunters, Maggie in the lead, only for XP.

I clear as many as, and go for the specials from range. I've used the grenade walker to take out the bottom group a few times.

If i can clear the tanks quick, there are 3 spawn points top, middle, bottom. 1 hunter takes each of these, and the start spawn are too far away, run to end.

If not, i set back, take the ones close to the start and then it's just taking normals..

That's got 3 stars up to 18.3 so far.
    anniesprinkles
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 267
    I was able to do it @Jaden advice, thanks. On the subject of piercing @carlos1981, I'm just starting to get my survivors to lvl 17 & now I'm realizing I need to rethink my strategy. I've read that it start to take effect when walkers r 4-5 lvl's above ur survivors, anything before that is overkill. Not sure why that matters when I just want to kill them, overkill, why care? I'm not the smartest person in the world, but I'm definitely not the dumbest either. When I'm reading this forum, it's seems everyone can figure these survivor/weapon/armour trait % & stats, but me. Not sure if anyone can help, but if u or someone reading this can help explain how their doing this in layman terms I would forever be in ur debt.
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

• SugaShaneSugaShane Member Posts: 92
    I've been using a scout, assault, and a hunter
    anniesprinklesMizTy
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    You're welcome.

Figuring all the stuff out can be quite a bit so don't worry. Keep reading the forum and ask if there's something you don't know or get. There will be people willing to help you out. ;)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    MizTybigbeanoanniesprinkles
  • GrinchGrinch Member Posts: 166
    Once zombies are 5 levels above you, automatic body shot, hence, if you don't have pierce, your damage is greatly decreased.
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    @Amazayn thanks for continuously beating of NG, how hard Steevie will try they will always fail.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    Bee
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 267
    @Grinch, the special walkers & humans r stopping (injury) me starting 2 lvl's above mine. Is that normal? Not 5
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

• avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,253
    Was doing so good too. Still got to the finish line.
    Bee
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,141
    Amazayn said:

let me blow your mind! RSL 29.1

Level 8 and 9? That's the struggle stuff of low level survs??
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • SekushiSekushi Member Posts: 53
    @Amazayn they just can't stop you huh?
    ant