April 2017 Balance Changes: Discussion Thread

Comments

• snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    What about melee body shot chance? Maybe just RNG but it's seems over 50% against opponents 3 levels higher.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    I think you mean nerfs, @Invader? Nothing has been changed apart from those changes announced officially. :)
    Pain Walkervshield50Papacas
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Teeceezy said:

I think you mean nerfs, @Invader? Nothing has been changed apart from those changes announced officially. :)

Yes...you´re right. I mean nerf. And I don´t think you (NG) telling the truth anymore.

After 14 months of playing, I slowly come to the point to get rid of the game. This isn´t fun anymore.
    OneVoicePapacasBig_B
    edited April 2017
    Maybe you didn´t nerfed the ranged survivors...but you buffed the walkers instead. In fact this is more or less the same effect. Now you´re trying to sell us an advance by increasing the melee survivors.

You should go into politics.
    8N8RedEye52PapacasCaptainslayer
    If you have an issue with any of my posts (you seem to be accusing me of lying, which I personally take offence to), PM me so we can iron things out.
    Pain Walkersrmcn1031gcheong85clausLenesborg
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    Any updates about the bug where charged attacks are calculated using the base, un-upgraded damage of a weapon?
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    Bill_ZRTSpringChickenMark
    Still looking in to that @JayZ.
    edited April 2017
    Teeceezy said:

If you have an issue with any of my posts (you seem to be accusing me of lying, which I personally take offence to), PM me so we can iron things out.

What do you think why I put NG in brackets?
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    The melee buff were supposed to be in 2.6 but we know how that went. Since the walkers got a buff too then these changes dont really do much. Melee needs a radical overall nut just numbers being changed to make it a viable play style and not just a niche use on a select few maps.

Scavenge fuel cost is a step in right direction but only a half step, need to be recuced from 6-4 imo though.

Supply increase is just a fux for sonething tgey broke in 2.6.

So in summary 2 fixes that were supposed to be in 2.6 and a fuel reduction which dosnt go far enough.
    TeeceezyPapacas
    Thanks for the constructive feedback! @JayZ @Poppy @Gladi
    Pain Walker
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I wouldn't necessarily call you a liar T. But I certainly don't trust phrases like "looking into it" and "working as intended" or really anything that is posted here. This started long ago, but 2.5 was the crowning, ultimate achievement of destroying trust. The release notes no where near covered the amount and extent of things that were broken, which points to them having been changed, or at least an attempt being made to change them. So while this is the internet, home of paranoia, there's certainly some basis for Invader's comments and they are not alone. So how do I feel, well, not positive.
    InvaderRedEye52OneVoice
    Yeah. Communication revolving around 2.5 definitely didn't go as we'd wished it to. We're going to work hard to both avoid re-making those mistakes as well as get all the relevant information to you in a timely and clear manner.
    SlowMovshield50
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    I need to put more Bruisers in my outpost now. >:)
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    GrimGaelbigbeano
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    @Teeceezy thanks for the update on the balance changes as it is much needed due to the walker buffs.

However can you guys please check balancing lvl 24 gears especially armors of all classes on why its giving us less than 70 hp boost in armor going from lvl 23 to lvl 24.

If you compared lvl 21 to 22 to 23, there are larger increases compared to such a small boost from 23 to lvl 24. Spending 4.5 mil xp is not a great and doesnt make sense with the current ratio of lvl 24 gears vs the walker buffs

Thank You and I hope the best for everyone!
    enigma12SpringChickenPutchucoOneVoice
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,469
    Thanks for caring and listening. I welcome those changes a lot, as a big fan of melee. I've been asking for a melee x ranged balancefor a long time.

I still wish you would do something about Bruisers. I love the class but they are hard to use outside Outposts. Perhaps make damage really low but make stun guaranteed would be an option. Why can Assaults stun whatever and Bruiser cannot? One has to go upfront on walkers while the other shoots from distance... It does not make sense.
    Human3001RedEye52black_ninesCaptainslayer
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    I'm with @KaLi I had fully upgraded scout armour to 24 and it's only 59 points more than my level 23. Not really worth the xp to upgrade new gear.
    SpringChicken
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Teeceezy Two things (and thanks for your prompt responses so far this week, we missed you guys last week!)

1) I've been upgrading a LOT of 21-->24 gear this week and last. If the numbers are fixed (which I truly hope they are, and soon...) will it apply to my gear? Do I need to send a report in? Will the changes just happen on their own? Should I stop upgrading gear until the numbers are raised?? I don't think it'd be fair to be penalized for being ahead of the game with regards to upgrading gear.

2) Will the gas adjustment apply to End-Gamers? I have 7* survivors, so my RSL is currently 22 (Normal) and 26 (Hard), both at 6 gas. Can you enlighten us on how this will affect us end-gamers, if at all? I would love 5 gas for Normal Scavenge!!
    TwofacePapacas
  • 8N88N8 Member Posts: 164
    Although, to NG's credit, a Bruiser, Warrior and Scout buff has been wanted for a long time, so thank you for the change. I look forward to playing with them after the update!
  • RiggsRiggs Member Posts: 86
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie hello, why dont you make a rebalancing considering the first repeating level at challenges? I upgrade survivors to 21 and get punished because i cant get more stars than somebody with 20 survivors! Because my first repeating level starts i think at level 20 and others at level 19. what is youre intention to do so?
    SpringChicken
  • ekojekoj Member Posts: 1
    Today i have lost 500 gold from my players account. :
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,382
    @ekoj welcome to the forum! Did you buy a survivor slot? Speed upgrade some buildings, survivors or gear? Did you make a gift to your guild? Those are usually things that use gold. If you haven't done any of those activities, please contact support so they can look into the issue. Click settings (gear icon), help, contact us.
  • AkartikiAkartiki Member Posts: 143
    @Teeceezy Thank you for the updates. The changes are welcome, and has been said by others, some further adjustments to gas for scavenge runs would be nice. Could there be a gas run added to the mix in addition to exp, tomatoes and gear? Or increased chances of gas in the supply runs?

As for experience runs, I tested it this morning. It is as advertised. I used Maggie 20, two assaults 21, all leg, and a "run and gun" strat: gas/exp boosts, finish run as quickly as possible, and clear all 9 crates.

Pre-adjustment I was getting 60k-70k per run. Over two hours this morning, I averaged 29 runs at 121k each, or 3.5m/hr. This is about where pre-adjustment was. When commercials are included this total decreases some but I didnt track it.

@Teeceezy has there been a fix to tent and walker exp doubling with boost? After latest release, the doubling for these disappeared.

Also, warrior damage changes are nice but scout damage is really in need of increase. The same changes for warriors (or even slightly more, like 15% survivor and 10% weapon) would make scouts much more attractive and useful in higher RSLs.

"Dasein always understands itself in terms of its existence--in terms of a possibility of itself: to be itself or not itself." Heidegger