I appreciate randomness but ...

2»

Comments

• TWDSkutterTWDSkutter Member Posts: 160
    Sorry @Damaska I disagree, reward have to be related to effort or people become disillusioned (see my post about food pellets and mazes :p ).

The progression gap narrows dramatically as you play due to upgrade costs etc. We can't hold back the top end because new players might see it as a gap.

People play at the lvl they are, there is no direct completion so the 'gap' is meaningless.
    This space for rent

["Retribution" guild ... email [email protected] for info]
  • DamaskaDamaska Member Posts: 23
    GrimGael said:

There is no reason F2P can't get high star counts. Well, except real life getting in the way, but you can't prevent that.

Oh come on ... there are pay to play players with 3-4 pink stars survivors. You cannot have that in the same period of time without spending money.

Sorry @Damaska I disagree, reward have to be related to effort or people become disillusioned (see my post about food pellets and mazes :p ).

The progression gap narrows dramatically as you play due to upgrade costs etc. We can't hold back the top end because new players might see it as a gap.

People play at the lvl they are, there is no direct completion so the 'gap' is meaningless.

I couldn't disagree more. Think about it
    Players that spends money have better survivors and gear, they score 1100+ on challenges
    Free to play players usually hits about 800-950

If the rewards increase with amount of stars, pay to play players would keep getting more better rewards.
    Now just to clarify, I have nothing against people spend money here,I spend every now and then. Im talking about being fair to every lvl regardless of how often you buy in gold store. Both types of players get the same treatment here, you have a chance for nice token reward of sh*t regardless what amount of stars you hit
    We have to agree to disagree @Damaska , by your logic you should get same tokens (and presumably) chance of lego equip etc for 40 tokens as 1000. The effort to gain tokens at the top end is massively more in gas and hospital time (and kit investment) than at the low end. If effort isn't to be rewarded then top end players will get frustrated (as they clearly are).

I'm generally not pay to play either but happy if the people who pay for the game can push for even higher rewards. A dozen tokens that could have been bought (actually 50) for 4K TG (easily got for 16 gas) [c4 gas if we pro rata] isn't worth pushing to 920 stars is it .

All costs are higher at higher lvls, rewards should also be.
    This space for rent

THCrosspaintbeastzeowerusMaverick1969
    @TWDSkutter I understand completely what the frustration is about. ONCE i managed to hit 1100 with a little help of cursing, shouting and nearly 2000gold for ER . I pushed for it and got like 10 bruiser tokens :) What im saying is that with higher rewards for higher level of stars we will see even a bigger difference between pay and free players. The ones that doesn't spend will always be down at least 2-3 token crates weekly, the ones that pay will start complaining in 2months that the game is boring. Issues like this are in every game with both pay/free players
    Maverick1969
    Like I said, I'm not a pay player, I just object to the lack of reward/lack of reward increases for effort (not just cash). Players catch up for the most part as progress is faster to begin with then gets REALLY slow.

Reviewing the comments you seem to be very much in the minority that 10 stars should equal 1000 in reward terms.
    This space for rent

THCrosszeowerus
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    @Damaska
    Well, it's all about perspective. I'm not technically a pure F2P player, I spent about 7ish US dollars when I started back in the mists of time. This year I spent 3ish.
    But I could have some pink stars if my philosophy were different. I don't. I have many survivors and I suppose I could consolidate them, but as it is I have enough to not spend gold on healing
    900 range is high enough for me, I've really just started with challenges since the rework. My gear is chosen for raiding, not challenges, so it's a little limiting. I could easily imagine pulling a few more. And that's all for $10? That's one month of xbox live, for years of enjoyment.
    If I can be up there for (relatively free) have the option to burn my camp to make a few pink star survivors, and spend a few weeks retooling gear to get more stars, I know others can. So it seems like you are selling your fellow players short. Now, does it bother me that there are exceptional players that also spend money and do better than me? Nope. Worried they might get something I can't have? Nope. Waiting around for pink star survivors and heroes? Also nope. Am I an evil, sadistic prick that chortle when poor players spend money and still complain they don't rule over NML? Well, a little...
    But I know my opinions aren't for everyone. Do come visit me here:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/22409/disagreeable-post
    TWDSkutterTHCrosspaintbeastJaden
2»