What benefit is there to leveling The Walker Pit?

meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
Specifically all my survivors are at level 13, my Walker Pit is at level 7, and I'm still able to train my Walker's to level 11. I don't know how much farther I can keep training them at my current Walker pit level because I've run out of trade goods, but I'd like to know some breakdown of what happens as you continue to level The Walker pit. Thanks.

Edit: I originally made the mistake of saying Outpost instead of the correct Walker pit. I've edited the title and this post to correct the error. Some of the following posts were responding to my original specification of outpost. So some of them might not make sense now if you read them thinking Walker pit. I'm sorry for the confusion

Comments

• VakaliVakali Member Posts: 239
    The attackers get more xp per raid cause of more walkers to kill. Walkers may get a hit on them once in awhile but most raiders breeze thru them.
    Jadenrudjawolfire_watersrmcn1031
  • meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
    Yes thank you. Now can someone comment on what the benefits to me are.
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    edited April 2017
    Very little,it's just the building points that are the only good part.. :D
    TransmuteJun
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    I´m player level 59, my survivors are level 20 and I stopped leveling my walkers at level 11, since it was way to expensive.

Now I have about 3500 stars influence and I´m fine with that. My outpost is raided pretty easy, my TG crate is right behind the gate and you´ll get between 0 and 5 stars influence if you kill my defenders :D

Most people pass my outpost ;)
    BrahianTorressbababooey
  • meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
    Oh yeah, WTF was I thinking? I'm looking right at the Walker pit and for some reason I said Outpost. Sorry about that everyone

It just seemed weird to me that there didn't seem to be much benefit to leveling up The Walker pit. I expected that they would stop me from upgrading the Walkers until I upgraded the Walker pit, but they didn't, they just kept let me upgrade the walkers. So I figured I'd ask to see if I was missing anything so that I can plan ahead

The reason I'm in this spot is because I upgraded a little before I realized it was better to not upgrade at all. I'm not one to complain but you got to be honest and say this is another one of those f up situations in this game that doesn't make any sense at all. So now I feel I have to add some upgrades there to get value in the long run, which is what I'm doing
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    @Mabiki summed it up nicely. I would like to highlight his/her point that some attackers skip outposts with weak defenses due to low TG and XP rewards. That's very much the case for me. I always re-search after coming up against a low-reward defender. In that sense, a weak defense is the best defense.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    ljr6jvhv4
  • ljr6jvhv4ljr6jvhv4 Member Posts: 6
    " a weak defense is the best defense"
    This is biggest bug on game. What NG is going to do to fix this?
    splagg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2017
    I think the Walker Pit is the most useless building in the game. It needs to be reworked.
    splaggChrangden4playArtminius
  • xxarea83xxxxarea83xx Member Posts: 221
    I had not been spending my TG's for a while as i found there was nothing worth spending them on. I had gotten my TG count up to over 350K. At the time, while my walker pit was maxed out for BP purposes, my walkers were at level 11; 5 regular, 2 armored, 1 tank. For gits-n-shiggles, I decided to max them all out and get the max amount of walkers. I ended up spending nearly 210K in TG's (more than just walker upgrades purchased) and when all was said and done, those attacking my outpost were still defeating me.

Upgrading the walker pit has its use regarding Building Points, but otherwise, it's nothing that'll make your game playing experience better.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

IGN: xxarea83xx
    Guild: Anti Walkers
    Player Level: 68
    paintbeastJaden
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Once upon a time the walker pit was relatively useful. But back in those days, you could upgrade walkers to the same level as survivors, and outpost walkers spawned in waves of increasing level like in other missions.

I miss the old days of raiding.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    TheLostOnesCapletonDavid_H79Artminius
  • NunyaB1znasNunyaB1znas Member Posts: 22
    I should have read this a few weeks ago. I've been using TG to upgrade my walkers. Maybe I should go back to buying tokens.

I have never, ever, ever had my outpost defeat a raid. I thought is was because of weak walkers so I just put my weakest survivors there and let them lose.
    T_12bigbeanoJadenden4play
  • BenZedBenZed Member Posts: 16
    I have just a few walkers defending. This means that anybody attacking me won’t be able to charge all three attackers. Still, unless the attacker is 2 levels below, they will succeed.
    Bohemianbobden4play
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,163
    They could just lead with Riot Gear Glenn too. ;-)

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • Adamski316Adamski316 Member Posts: 63
    I invested very little, and my outpost gets only 1-2 invasions per week. Some of them I win probably because attackers do not have enough walkers to charge up from
    den4play
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 498
    It's basically pointless.
    I'm maxing it just to be perverse, but the odds of winning a defense are approaching 0. There was a time a year or so ago when folks opened pit and outpost and did nothing with them: drop characters into zone C and basically just gift raiders with points.
    The latest nerf of the cost of lost defense means it might as well not exist.
    Maybe they just forgot that it exists? :-)