What's the new Bleeding condition?

With the new update, humans are now susceptible to the new bleeding condition.

How does it occur?

Bleeding occurs when a human (friend or foe) reaches 0 health by damage from another human. Also, if a survivor reaches 0 health from coming in contact with a burning walker that dies during the same turn, bleeding will also occur.

How does it affect humans?

When bleeding, a human will continue losing health until you heal them by pushing the medic cross above. This will use both Action Points that individual has during that turn. A survivor can also decide to not use any action points during a turn, which will result in he or she automatically healing themselves. When a survivor bleeds, it is unable to enter Overwatch.

The counter next to the medic cross reaching zero will incapacitate the survivor, ending the mission in a failure and giving a heavy damage injury to the survivor, so be careful out there.

WalkerBait1ArizonaZkillerTeherror

Comments

• WalkerBait1WalkerBait1 Member Posts: 1,060
    Can't wait to see this in action! Fun fun! >:)

“Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of shit you people don’t know shit about. Rick knows every fine grain of said shit, and then some.”

DeadFamily Guilds Leader
    Line Me - WalkerBait1
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/3032/the-original-deadfamily-deadfamily2-3-official-guild-thread#latest - Click link for The Original ☠DeadFamily & DeadFamily2,3☠️ Guild Thread☠
    Member of the Empty memorial Club Veteran Survivalist
    Get Ur Dead On!!!!
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    edited February 2016
    @Teeceezy

So you go to Zero health via human or deceased burner you then have another let's call it bleed out health bar appear.

Questions

1:- how is bleed out damage calculated is it a set % of base health or is it a constant figure,

2:- related to the above how many rounds does it take to bleed out.

3:- what happens if further attacked whilst on the bleed out health bar by both humans and walkers?

4:- Do opposition humans work the same way. ( think you already confirmed is the case but wanted to make sure)

5:- if healed what state of health do you resume in and what happens if health is reduced again can?
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    Necron99
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    I already saw this bleeding in outpost. I just didn't bother to heal my survivor since im about to complete the raid with 1 turn left in openning the crate..

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,441
    Will there be any gear that affects bleeding? Similar to the wrestle trait?
  • @Teeceezy

How will this affect star collecting? Will it still be possible to get 3 stars for the mission if you can get your survivor back up to full health before the mission is completed?
  • mindsoremindsore Member Posts: 70
    seems like enemy players in the outpost bleed out a lot, meaning the green bar gets taken out by my attacks & then the get a full red bar of health. is this a heath effect of gear? or will it be a normal aspect of the players default traits?
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    You can still attack when bleeding. But eventually the survivor dies. Two to three turns usually.
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,441
    jester said:

You can still attack when bleeding. But eventually the survivor dies. Two to three turns usually.

Death before Dishonor!!!!!
    in the outpost, it seems the defending survivors got an auto-heal when you first shot them. it shows that they are bleeding but they got full health after you hit them. So i have to hit them again to kill one defender.

• jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    I keep attacking. It's my style. Eventually, they collapse. And is only the beta.

"If he dies, he dies," Ivan Drago.
  • LawdogLawdog Member Posts: 836
    Ok..that fackin monkey @jester is officially freaking me out.
  • ArizonaZkillerArizonaZkiller Member Posts: 4
    I didn't even know you can heal yourself in this game when in a mission. :#
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    Yes, sorry; the presentation can be confusing. Hoping to improve that at some point.

Essentially the bleeding state is a second health bar, and it works the same way for your guys and the enemies. If it helps, you might think of the first (green) bar as a shield. When that's away, you get to deal the real damage (the red bar).

It works the same as "struggle" does, without the close walker contact, and with the exception of the self-help option.
  • @OldGoth

okay so to answer my own question the bleeding will only take place in the outpost and not during the weekly challenge. Is that true?
    DarkFae said:

@OldGoth

okay so to answer my own question the bleeding will only take place in the outpost and not during the weekly challenge. Is that true?

bleeding happens (activates) when a human got hit by another human and the damage received reduce the hp to zero. They said that there will be a new challenge where both humans and zombies are enemies. And episode 13 also got human enemies. So bleeding will not just take place in outpost. It will take effect where there are human enemies..

• @Teeceezy @OldGoth @TK-421

So for the 3rd time I will ask my original question. If bleeding takes place during a weekly challenge and we can manage to complete the mission with all survivors at 100% health will we still be able to earn 3 stars for the mission? I'm asking because maybe there will be new weekly challenges where human enemies will be encountered.
    DarkFae said:

@Teeceezy @OldGoth @TK-421

So for the 3rd time I will ask my original question. If bleeding takes place during a weekly challenge and we can manage to complete the mission with all survivors at 100% health will we still be able to earn 3 stars for the mission? I'm asking because maybe there will be new weekly challenges where human enemies will be encountered.

here's what i think:

if bleeding takes place, that means you did not avoid injury, (even if you manage to get 100% health due to heal feature). And since you did not avoid injury, you will not get 3 star. It's the same with No struggle, even if you manage to get out of struggle, the fact that you've been in a struggle is enough to lose a star.

theRealBender
  • @AysatyoPet

Thank you for your help and Link rules! I just wanted a quick verification on this from the Devs. Although that does seem to be sound and logical reasoning. Could open up the game to more strategic play a little if the opposite were true as well. Come on everybody I only bite trolls. Can I get a yes, no or undecided on this please?
    they dont answer much.. most questions got ignored even if you tag them..

• @AysatyoPet

Yes,

I have noticed they only answer when I'm being silly and having some fun with them lol.
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    Getting into bleeding means you're already past the Bruised and Heavy Injury thresholds. So yes, you're going to lose your "not a scratch" star.
    TUCOSarah
  • @OldGoth

thank you :)
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Based on the poultry 3 humans encountered in the story missions it seems v easy to take injury damage from them, are the stars criteria going to change at all for this challenge as I can see a lot of 2* in everyone's future.

Also what happens if you are on your bleed out bar and get struck by a walker, auto struggle?
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    Poppy said:

Also what happens if you are on your bleed out bar and get struck by a walker, auto struggle?

From what i experienced in outpost, it's more like auto-death. The walker hit me once and i instantly died. Or maybe it depends on walker level. But it didnt go to struggle phase.

This discussion has been closed.