Be careful: upgraded green weapons are not safe from auto-scrap!

JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065
I was disconnected and when I reconnected my fully upgraded Pitchfork had been auto-scrapped.

So for all of those who believe that upgrading your gear at least once will keep it safe: nope.

I'm really sad and quite pissed right now.

Oh, BTW that's another reason why we need the possibility to swap gear directly, to have the numbers of gear we have shown instead of the number of gear we could upgrade, the possibility to mark at least a few pieces as "never scrap".
Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
TheLostOnesGovernatorCRUSHT_12

Comments

• TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @Jaden I just had my rare pitchfork and my rare reckoning (both leveled from 20 to 23) autoscrapped today. The mean thing was I didn't get the XP from the upgrades. I just get a minor amount which probably was equal to a level 20 rare item, and not the 860K a piece they should have given. (I raised a ticket).
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,503
    PSA: any non epic item you want to keep, make sure you keep your inventory less than 300 and equipped on a survivor.

The rarity of the items plays a bigger role in the auto scrap process.
    TheLostOnes
  • RickGramesRickGrames Member Posts: 387
    Guys, what's the reason to store approx 300 weapons?
    IGN : Rick
    Currently : Level 71
    Guild : MAVERICKS NWO

★ The spirit of ULTIMA LEGIONE is alive ★
    LINE ID : rickgrames
    Human3001MLHT_12
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065
    @TheLostOnes

Oh, okay... wow... I lost my Reckonin' a while ago but have probably done that myself but the Pitchfork... I was also pretty sure I kept it equipped but then I thought I might have had it "free" in between switching items (that is probably the case, but still...).

I also think I didn't get the XP now that you mention it... or maybe a small amount but nothing noticeable.

Anything that can be done @Teeceezy ?

Shouldn't upgraded weapons be safe?

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    PicGeneral_Quatre
    I happen to have the rare lamethrower upgraded from 20 to 23 (but it was in Rufus's hands so umit didn't get scrapped) and it tells me the scrap value is 860K so I assume it was the same for the two others.

You should raise at ticket @Jaden. 860K XP is domething you notice if you receive or not. In my case, 2x860K which would have been 4x860K with a booster (but I don't suppose they will give me all that).
    I'm lost.

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,244
    That's a bummer, sorry @Jaden. Had that happen to me a couple of months ago already.

In the future, I would like to suggest that any unique items for purchase in the TG shop should be epic because (A) people rarely upgrade/use rare versions of weapons, and (B) it gives those items more protection from auto-scrap. NG did a great job with the epic Dixieland BBQ, and I doubt giving us an epic (instead of a rare version) will cannibalize sales of a legendary version (NG can do things like make the traits of the legendary version more appealing, like they did for Lucille's bat).

Here are my thoughts:
    1. I have around 6-7 survivors/heroes in each class. 6-7 per class * 6 classes * 2 items per survivor already puts you at over 80 items. Having different types of gear for different situations (e.g., raids vs. challenges) further increases the number of gear.
    2. I keep non-upgraded legendary gear with poor traits around. The goal/hope is to be able to find gear with better traits, but my expectations don't always match reality, so I like having gear with sub-par traits around in case I get desperate.
    3. Right now in particular, I am assuming that a lot of people have items that they were hoping to scrap during the Spring Cleaning event that never happened a few weeks ago.
    4. Given that NG has communicated that there'll be some kind of a scrap event in the future, people are probably still holding onto gear to hoard for that event.
    5. I keep some lower level items around for nostalgia.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    JadenPigGuapoT_12
    @RickGrames

One reason is saving XP so there is no "overflow".

And if you get disconnected while swapping out weapons there is the chance you might lose one.

Yes, it was my fault not to scrap gear before swapping weapons but upgraded weapons should be safe from auto scrapping as long as there is other gear that is not upgraded.

And I had enough green gear that was not upgraded that could have been scrapped as well. It just wasn't but the only weapon I can not get again was. The one I had fully upgraded...

Pig
  • AnarchiAnarchi Member Posts: 73

Just like hording tokens, people horde items for events like "Spring cleaning" where it's 3x exp for scrapping or when one purchases double xp.
    IGN: Jerq
    Jaden
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,395
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

Keep your inventory clean and have items rare and below you want to keep equipped. Why leave things to chance when you can be in control? To me it's not worth the extra xp for the headache of losing something you want to keep.
  • splaggsplagg Member Posts: 93
    zbot said:

Why leave things to chance when you can be in control?

@zbot On the chest reward screen it's too time consuming and not at all fun to click and scrap each worthless item. On the Items screen from camp we can thankfully scrap multiple things at once, but the screen lags and we still have to go through each individual class. Maybe overall it's just a part of the game that is more tedious than fun.

There are things that could be done to improve the system. I think a "Scrap All Gear" option on the chest reward screen would go a long way. On gear scavenge missions which are presumably where we would get the highest amount of gear rewards, for every piece of equipment worth keeping I see 10-20 screens full of garbage equipment.

@splagg what device are you playing on? I have found that using multiple iOS and android devices that one of the things that causes lag on older devices is having too many items in inventory.

As for chest reward, it takes a few more seconds to scrap. The only time I won't scrap is if I'm on 1 minute gas event. I let auto scrap take care of that.

@Jaden if you click on the equipment icon from camp it gives you the equipment total XXX/300. I actually have survivors that I keep around just to have my collectible items equipped (common reckoning, rare reckoning, rare BBQ, and the rare pitchfork). FYI: The 300 limit is an improvement to what the limit was before.

@zbot the page suggests you don't lose any XP from scrapping but doesn't specify XP from upgrading. Do you know if that's excluded?
    I'm lost.

@zbot

Yeah, I know - I have been playing this game for more than a year and am fully aware that they added the total number after that has been asked for for months.

Still: you have to open the equipment screen and with the loading time that takes, you don't do it after every single mission just to check if you have more than 300 pieces now or not.

I still don't get it why the number shown in camp can't be our total instead of our potentially upgradeable gear.

Who has ever thought "Well, I wonder how many of my 286 pieces of gear I can upgrade..."? (Okay, there might be some people but I bet the percentage will be very, very low...)

And I am not saying that I don't understand the way it works now. I just think it's stupid. Big difference. ;)

paintbeastGovernatorWallStreetPig
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    Why not just add a manage button when you get a weapon from crates and you have 300 pieces of gear?

Jaden
  • FragzieFragzie Member Posts: 584
    So buy a new device or keep less than how many items than the game allows in your inventory?
    edited April 2017
    @Fragzie

I'll give you my PayPal and you send me the money for a new device? Awesome! :#

And really? Keep fewer items than the game allows in the inventory keeps them from being auto-scrapped. Wow. Who would have thought? :o

If you have read the thread (I think you haven't really): I know what to do. I know I made a mistake. I was wrong when I thought something was true (mainly because people in the forum also thought it to be true and told me about it - that a weapon upgraded at least once was safe from being auto-scrapped).

That's untrue and that is why I wrote this post.

(And of course to vent a bit because I have lost a good portion of enjoyment, believe it or not - I had a lot of fun poking multiple enemies to death and hearing the funny sound the walkers made when killed like that...)

But thanks for being so compassionate. :s

GovernatorSCBMA
  • FragzieFragzie Member Posts: 584
    edited April 2017
    Sorry to hear you lost items due to how the auto scrap works @Jaden

Big gob clamped shut.
    Jaden
    @Fragzie

That made me laugh - in a good way. :D So really: thanks! ;)

Maybe I need to set up a GoFundMe page for a legendary Pitchfork or Kingdom Spear - I mean... it happened on my 1-year forum anniversary, so... :'(

Bring back the fun for Jaden, the poor dude has some serious first-world gamer problems. :D

(Yeah, I still know I should have been more careful... but on my anniversary... that must count for something, right? :# )

paintbeast
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Agreed. It's crazy that things we've invested XP in can get autoscrapped. We shouldn't have to constantly be scrapping weapons in fear of this happening, it's bad game design.
    GovernatorJaden
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I buy the $2.99 double XP and scrap stuff at around 290 items
    NCDawgFanJaden
  • MLHMLH Member Posts: 82
    I scrap items directly from the crate screen. I rarely hit 280 items anymore, and that's with items from multiple levels.
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    That explains why when mine auto scrapped low lvl un upgraded epic and legendary gear just hung around while everything else got scrapped I thought it went on lvl first then rarity
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover