Swopping gear...make it easier please!

@Shteevie

The idea flowting around in a earlier thread before, but I like to get it back on screen.

Since it´s really a pain in the a** change the gear on the survivors in higher challenge levels, I´d like to ask if there is a possibility to revamp the system.

On higher levels you have to get the most out of the combinations to make it through the maps, since they´re not well balanced in difficulty. It´s pretty uncomfortable to swop gear from survivors who are at the hospital to them who are not too.

Instead of clicking from survivor to survivor, give them lower gear to be able to give them higher stuff, or to equip them with the highest possible damage result, it would be nice, to have some kind of a drag and drop system on one screen for the one class (bruiser, scout, etc).

Now you have to equip them, see which combination makes sense and so on. Survivor class on top/right side and gear on the middle+down/left side would be really nice to make it easier. Toggeling between the three screens to check the best combination isn´t funny...

Would something like that be possible?
PigNeil_JcapibaraAval0nRocketmanMaD VapoRSlowMovalereeejimmorrison369TripodpsychwolfRedEye52ggbatsT_12Snizzleblack_nines

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,713
    I've been asking for this for a long time. Totally agree.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    capibaraInvaderRedEye52T_12
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,690
    oh.... That could be helpful but my survs never swap. They are very jealous of their weapons and they change weapon only for a better one.... :#
    Damn survivors!!...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    TheLostOnesgespuerCRUSHT_12
  • falowynfalowyn Member Posts: 75
    How would you deal with equipment distributed to your Outpost garrison?

• InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    falowyn said:

How would you deal with equipment distributed to your Outpost garrison?

Just like the others?
    RedEye52
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,358
    @Invader I use a very easy method but I don't have a lot of gear so what I do is I unequip all the good gear and equip everyone with not upgraded gear so all my upgraded stuff is available. Since you can only take max of 3 survivors there's really no need for having the other 36 survivors equipped with good gear.
    Captainslayer
    @zbot Thanks for reply...but if you read my request, you might see, that I´m pointing to a larger goal.

With your method I still have to go through all the different screens...last time I was counting three of them...

I´d like to have a system where I`m able to check the armour , weapon and survivor strenght on one screen ;)

S1 has 18779 damage with W2 and A3...but with W1 and A2 he/she might have 1988 damage.

I`d like to get to best result quicker then switch from screen to screen to screen...
    T_12BBRi
    If my words don´t make sense...blame it on the beer :D
    T_12meathead013
    @Invader try it out, there's only one screen the screen for selecting your survivors for missions.
    CaptainslayerMonsuta
    @zbot Your system won´t affect my problem. You´re right that you only need 3 survivors...but if one from my crew is in the hospital, I´d like to swop the best gear to the next one.
    T_12BBRi
    Here we go...Abraham got bruised.

Switch back...

Switch more back...

Disarm Abraham...

Arm Debbie...

---> Pain in my a**!

BBRiT_12
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    You can stay on the "select team" screen, disarm Abe there, switch in Beverly and arm her (click the "i" icon to access both of them). It's still a PITA.

I do that when switching from Abe plus hunter/shooter to Rosita plus 2 shooters.

Hit "i" on Abe, disarm him, switch in Rosita, hit "i" on her, arm her... and after the mission the same in reversed order...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Invader
    Jaden said:

You can stay on the "select team" screen, disarm Abe there, switch in Beverly and arm her (click the "i" icon to access both of them).

Never thought about that...will try ;)
    edited April 2017
    Okay...never found that shortcut, but to disarm a survivor who is not in the team atm, I still have to go a longer way...
    JadenBBRiT_12
    zbot said:

@Invader try it out, there's only one screen the screen for selecting your survivors for missions.

@Invader this... Now I understand your confusion. As for disarming a survivor who's not in your team, if you disarm when they are on your team, you don't have to worry. Spend the extra 10 seconds to save you time later.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    edited April 2017
    It would still be cool if we could just select two survivors and switch their gear with one click. Or save teams with specific gear on the survivors. Might not be possible to implement but I think it would be cool.

Not being able to switch in a survivor from the outpost directly bothers me much more, though. That's a real PITA, worse than the gear swapping stuff (to me).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    InvaderpaintbeastT_12
    zbot said:

@Invader this... Now I understand your confusion. As for disarming a survivor who's not in your team, if you disarm when they are on your team, you don't have to worry. Spend the extra 10 seconds to save you time later.

It´s still way to complicate.

In different maps you need different teams and different gear for specific setups.

In one map there are freemen, in another are armored and in the next one are the fatties.

On top...you´re bruised or more after a specific map and the gear goes with the survivor...straight to the hospital.

In each case you need different weapons and armor...and sometimes also different survivor classes. It´s really annoying to switch through all the screens and your solution doesn´t cure that pain ;)
    @invader you are making it more difficult than it has to be, even if a survivor goes to the hospital, unless you change the party they are still there when you select your team.

Another suggestion would be to ask that all gear be automatically unequipped when survivors are injured but that leads to other issues for players who use gold to heal, now they have to make sure the survivors are equipped with the proper gear again. As for auto un-equip and equip, what are the criteria to be used? Damage and health? Many times my gear choice isn't maxed for damage but trait. For example, I have 2 fully upgraded level 23 assault rifle one has gold deadly the other has gold piercing trait. At higher levels I'm ok with sacrificing some damage for piercing but according to your suggestion I'll have the wrong assault rifle so I'll have to change it anyway.

I prefer control over my decisions, it's a carryover from playing deadly missions where I check my survivors and gear and make sure everything is ok before I start a mission.

And for the last and final time, there's only 1 screen to do all this.

• meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
    'Swopping'? I see no reason to disparage my Italian Heritage here
    TheLostOnesWahooDawg
    zbot said:

And for the last and final time, there's only 1 screen to do all this.

You maybe counting different then me. But I´m fine now with the way via the info-sign. Makes it easier...