1.8 GB NML game?

How could be possible. My device is already full. I went to check storage and NML is 1.8GB!! Much more than iOS size 1.5 ...?? :#
"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
T_12

Comments

• EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    edited April 2017
    What is the folder you are looking at?
    I see this when I connect my android tablet to my windows 7 pro computer

File path is this
    Computer\Galaxy Note 10.1 2\Tablet\Android\data\com.nextgames.android.twd
    222mb total space in the folder shown below
    twd.png 32.6K
    capibara
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,819
    Thanks for the reply @EL34xyz ..i see, but i'm not in android, i'm on mini ipad 2 / iOS...look..

--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 712
    edited April 2017
    @capibara Is it jailbroken? Happened to me once when I had a jailbroken ipod for a different app!
    Alive!
    RickGramescapibara
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Don't know anything about apple devices.
    But, on my android devices, I installed a app that monitors junk files, auto start apps, etc
    It gives me a notice when there are excessive junk files, too many apps auto starting
    Every day I can clean many MB's of crap

Maybe there are left behind junk files?
    Maybe your apple device has an app that can police your phone?
    capibara
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    On iOS, I use an app called Power Clean to help boost performance a bit and clean out useless files. I use it every time I run a gas booster and hope to speed up my performance and loading times.
    capibara
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited April 2017
    Have you ever cleared your cache out?
    Mine is this size (although I'm Android):

“You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    capibara
    edited April 2017
    @OneLessTitan ...well...i can try this Power Clean and see but i use ipad only for NML, skype and mail... Don't have any other game ..so i don't need to spped up performances... It works very well. Can you please have a look to the size of your NML if you are in iOS?
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    @capibara on iPhone
    capibara
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,974
    > @capibara said:
    > How could be possible. My device is already full. I went to check storage and NML is 1.8GB!! Much more than iOS size 1.5 ...?? :#

It must be all those stars and radios you are "Rodent Hoarding" ;)
    capibarabigbeano
    @Neil_J ...yes, cleared before the screenshot. Safari cache, cookies, passwords everything...
    @David_H79 ...yes, but this is inside app. I have 1.8GB game and inside the tab i have 1.2 GBdata. Look the screenshot.
    But i can't delete this data. Maybe i should unistall and install again the game to clear 1.2 GB data?

T_12
    Lol @vshield50 :D
    I'm surprised that no one already derailed this thread. Maybe because @TheLostOnes is still at work...
    David_H79TheLostOnesJadenvshield50
    The appsize is nearly the same. But you have much more documents and data @capibara . I don't know what that means.
    capibaraT_12
    Maybe @Teeceezy or @zbot can help?
    capibara
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 712
    @capibara Ok this must be new to you but hope this helps :)
    iOS jailbreaking
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

iOS jailbreaking is the process of removing software restrictions imposed by Apple's on iOS and tvOS. It does this by using a series of software exploits. Jailbreaking permits root access to iOS, allowing the downloading and installation of additional applications, extensions, and themes that are unavailable through the official Apple App Store.

iOS jailbreaking dates back to the original iPhone in July 2007 and has continued into the present day. Apple has responded with updates to iOS: patching exploits and upgrading hardware. Jailbreaking communities have not been legally threatened. The legal status of jailbreaking is unclear in most countries; while many prohibit tampering with digital locks, they tolerate jailbreaks that do not infringe on copyrights. In 2010, 2012, and 2015, the U.S. Copyright Office approved exemptions allowing smartphone users to jailbreak their devices.[1]

Definition[edit]
    iOS jailbreaking is the process of removing software restrictions imposed by iOS, Apple Inc's operating system, on its devices including the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and second-generation Apple TV. Jailbreaking is done by using software exploits, and it permits root access to the iOS file system and manager, so applications, extensions, and themes unavailable through the official Apple App Store can be downloaded.[2]

Jailbreaking in general means breaking the device out of its "jail",[3] a metaphor used in Unix-style systems, for example in "FreeBSD jail". A jailbroken iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad running iOS can still use the App Store, iTunes, and other normal functions, such as making telephone calls.[2] Furthermore, a jailbroken device can be reverted to a standard 'jailed' device by restoring the device in Recovery Mode.

Jailbreaking is a form of privilege escalation,[4][5] and describes privilege escalation on devices by other manufacturers as well.

Alive!
    David_H79DLichcapibaraJaden
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    The app is 536 mb in the App Store. What's being held I believe is the ads. There's another thread somewhere on this subject.

What I do is every now and again delete the app and reinstall it. It should clear up that space but it will refill again over time.

The "data" is stored on the server hence we need Internet to play it.

Delete app, reinstall and load game. To to settings to see how much data is used on your phone. Run some missions, view some ads then recheck the data the app consumes.

I'm almost positive it increases when ads are viewed thus the theory it's ad storage.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    David_H79capibaraT_12Guapo
    David_H79 said:

The appsize is nearly the same. But you have much more documents and data @capibara . I don't know what that means.

Yeah.. As @vshield50 said it's long time i'm hoarding... Now would be interesting to know if it's safe to del the app and install again without losing the game...
    I'm jailbroken so I run iCleaner but if you aren't the only way is to delete the app and all its data and then reinstall and overtime more "data" aka ad space will consume more

capibara
    edited April 2017
    @T_12 thanks, very interesting. :) ..but i think i will keep my ipad 'virgin'... :#
    T_12bigbeano
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/17787/please-stop-with-the-ads was the thread i believe where it was first discussed.

capibara
    @DLich ..ok thanks! It's safe to uninstall?
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @capibara I'm here now and can derail your thread. Just let me know.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    capibarabigbeano
  • C_LloydC_Lloyd Moderator Posts: 208
    Yes I have noticed that many apps on my iPhone gradually take more and more space on my phone. My snapchat that I don't use very often was up to nearly 2gb from its base of just over 100mb. I go through from time to time and uninstall and reinstall apps that I find have been doing this. Not sure why they hold so much extra Data but at least it's a quick fix for my phone to just re-download :)
    capibaraDLichT_12Chip
  • ChipChip Member Posts: 18
    I use NML version 2.5 on my iPad. Time app size says 532.2 and I've used 647.5 mb total. Do you double click your home button to swipe away old screens? That helped me.
    capibara
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Wowzers. (on android) I have never had an app go over 1gb.
    Why on earth should it ever be that high. I still wonder how the initial app size for NML is so big.

But I guess if its the ads it makes sense, but I really dislike that. I don't think I will ever watch an ad from a game again.
    Gindycapibara