Would you use this scout as an interruptor?

MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
edited April 2017 in Strategy Discussion
So I pulled this scout on a radio call and am considering whether she's worth upgrading.

Traits are far from what I normally consider ideal, but I'm thinking this particular combo might make for a great interruptor.

The idea being she would primarily use overwatch with interrupt weapon, thus benefitting from the vigilant attack boost and defensive stance damage reduction, and on the following turn could use the powerstrike bonus to finish somebody off. With dodge, another defensive trait, she could also avoid some attacks entirely.

Normally my scouts are really active, but she would be more of a specialty survivor designed to move slowly, interrupt and kill on levels with armored walkers and fatties.

I know overwatch and retaliate don't currently work together, but Shteevie has said elsewhere this is something the devs hope to fix someday, which would make the combo even better if it actually happens.

Any of you ever tried this strategy with a similar combination of defensive traits?

Would love some input on whether this will work in practice and not just in theory.

Comments

• T_12T_12 Member Posts: 712
    Not worth keeping scouts with Def.stance-Vigil Combo. I'd ditch her if i have her.
    Though, you could try out your strategy and tell us if it worked. Would like to know :)
    Alive!
    ekimhclewenigma12
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    maybe @KaLi is the right guy to answer this
    T_12
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,364
    A "100% Interrupt" Scout should have in my opinion:

Defensive Stance (less dmg taken)
    Vigilant (more dmg on overwatch)
    Strong (more dmg)
    Iron Skin (less dmg taken)
    Power Strike (more dmg when you decide to attack, although doesn't with Defensive Stance and Vigilant)

No Lucky, Dodge or Bullet Dodge. Retaliate also not wanted as it wouldn't work since you are on Overwatch most of the time.

A very weird build but also very interesting to play with.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    Squall_NMLJayZ
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 805
    I'm not usually a specialty/niche survivor fan, but I love Scouts and have always wanted to try a twist on that build. Basically a "Specials (Armored/Fattie) Stalker"

If I came across a Scout that had at least the Vigilant/Power Strike/Strong traits I probably wouldn't be able to help myself and upgrade them. The strategy is pretty straightforward. They would always be equipped with the Kingdom Spear/Pitchfork and would be placed one move beyond what the Special can achieve on their turn and engage overwatch. The Special lumbers over and the Scout uses their reach to get in a lick. The next turn they don't need to move and can blast them with a full strike assisted with Power Strike for the coup de grace (even better if they are charged up and can employ a Brain Stab on those high level nasty Specials)...
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,455
    In what situations would you want an Interruptor Scout? I use one in Outposts, but I find them to be of limited use on Challenge missions because of body shots at higher RSLs. My ranged survivors can comfortably handle +3-4 RSL, and beyond that, I'm not sure a Scout would do me much good.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @JayZ
    I would use for outpost and specific challenges. I rarely get beyond +4 RSL so body shots aren't really a concern.
    Mainly, I love scouts and am curious if this would be a novel way to use them and take advantage of traits I normally avoid.