Warrior with all traits. but has no luck.

Keep it? Pink it? Scrap it? Wanted to use for outpost, until I unlocked the last trait with no LUCK. I do have legendary and epic weapons with gold luck, that will last for the next few levels though.
T_12

Comments

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    edited April 2017
    I would have preferred luck over bullet dodge as well, but you could have done worse. I'd definitely keep, use and level him. I mean, he's obviously your #1 warrior and not by default, those are great traits.

I don't know much about pinky promotions at mid levels. I think if I was there, I might put it off until much higher. Not a suggestion, just thinking out loud
    jimmorrison369ZeroMercy
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    @Jaden I'm having trouble keeping track of nerfs, but luck is still as good if it's just one luck trait, isn't it? It's when you have luck on both the survivor and the weapon that the second luck is nerfed... isn't it? In that case, having a survivor without luck is ok if you're happy to use a weapon with luck.

It's quite possible I've completely forgotten a nerf though, so I'm seeking correction if I'm wrong about this!
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    ZeroMercy
    @Pig
    No, if you have both luck on the survivor and weapon, you add the luck scores together, then that total becomes the multiplier to your other affected traits.

It used to be that the 1 or 2 luck scores were simply added to the affected traits.

So 15% dodge on a survivor + 15% dodge on armor = 30% dodge

Old luck system: 15% luck on survivor + 15% on weapon = 30% luck
    Added to dodge above became 60% chance to dodge

New system: 30% luck becomes a bonus multiplier
    so 30% dodge + (30 x 30% =9) = 39% total dodge

So the difference is 60% dodge to 39% dodge, hence the nerf label
    Captainslayerjimmorrison369ZeroMercy
    edited April 2017
    Yes, actually that's what I had in mind. The second luck gets nerfed because it used to add directly, but now it multiplies by the other luck.

In other words, and to the topic at hand, having a survivor without luck isn't a big deal. If they get a weapon with luck, they're only losing a few percentage points instead of the whole second luck trait.

EDIT: Now I see I misread your post, @DoTak
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    Captainslayer
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    edited April 2017
    Actually, both lucks are nerfed.

From what I gathered it works like this:

Let's pretend everything was 10% (dodge, luck on weapon, luck on survivor).

Old system:
    luck on one - 20% dodge
    luck on both - 30% dodge

Luck number was just added onto the base number.

New system:
    luck on one - 11% dodge
    luck on both - 12% dodge

Luck numbers get added, the percentage of base number is added to said base number.

That's why I think that luck is not as important as it was - we are talking about adding a tiny percentage if the base number is low.

However if you have a 60% base chance + 15% luck on your survivor and 15% on your weapon we are talking about 69% vs. 78% which is something to consider.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    DoTakCaptainslayerZeroMercy
    @Jaden
    Your last point is the reason I still prefer to have luck on a survivor. Yes, it's not essential because of the limited improvement to most traits, but that extra luck on a survivor can push stun resistance, threat reduction and interrupt 80 to 100%

While we're on the subject of small luck improvements - on a weapon, there is very little difference between silver and gold luck. That 5% difference only translates to 1-4% depending on which trait it's affecting. So imo, silver luck is good enough, just like how silver large caliber is good enough.
    Jadenjimmorrison369ZeroMercy
    Well, there you go. I really did have trouble keeping track of the nerfs.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    Jaden
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    @Pig

Completely understandable. ;)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Pig
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 712
    @ZeroMercy Not worth trashing him just because he doesn't have Luck! You've got a great guy with nice traits and I think it really is worth upgrading him!!!
    Alive!
    PigZeroMercy