Box rewards arent random at all?

Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 281
So, I've noticed something a long time ago, but never bothered to inquire about it;
I play a lot on a wifi signal thats "spotty" at best, resulting in frequent disconnects and reloads. Ive noticed that if i complete a mission, take three chest rewards, then get disconnected, I will often reload back in the last mission i was playing, a turn or two from completing.
If i then win (again), and select 3 OTHER boxes, the rewards are identical, no matter which boxes are chosen, or in what order, the results are always the same. This also holds true for silver and gold boxes, whether or not i use the ad given 3 extra boxes, or 25 gold boxes.
(I know because I've tried exploiting the known locations of 3 bronze boxes to try to find silver or gold ones on the retry - no dice)
So my question is this: if i was really disconnected at some point during the mission, since thats where i reload to, and the box rewards technically would not have been selected while connected to the server, what other possible explanation for the guaranteed repeat of rewards could there be, unless the whole reward system was already predermined?
And if pre-determination is the case, thats means there really is no luck involved at all on whether you may find that gold box you're hunting for. The game has already decided if you will get it or not, without spending that 25/50 gold.
Anyone experience this? Care to weigh in?
T_12

Comments

• jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    There's about 10 posts on this subject dating back over the last 18 months.
    Ovidmikel
  • TheDeanTheDean Member Posts: 20
    @jester: Any links, suggestions for search terms or a synopsis? I'm quite interested in this as well, but am rather new to the forum. Not everyone has the luxury of time required to search through over a year of posts, nor the memory to retain the information.

Thanks!
    Timboski
  • SpringChickenSpringChicken Member Posts: 145
    edited May 2017
    Rewards are selected when you begin the mission. I remember the old posts.

When you start a mission your nine rewards are "rolled". The first three, second three, and final three are all "locked in" at that point.
    JayZMaD VapoRGuapoT_12
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Yep. What @SpringChicken said.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712

Rewards are selected when you begin the mission. I remember the old posts.

When you start a mission your nine rewards are "rolled". The first three, second three, and final three are all "locked in" at that point.

Exactly correct. I'll add that the likely intuition behind fixing your rewards is probably to prevent people from finding exploits where they can take advantage of a poor connection to "reroll" the rewards they receive.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    I didn't realize that this wasn't common knowledge yet.
    As you discovered, if they were not predetermined, people would just exploit wifi to get gold chests every time.
    T_12
    Figured it must be such.

Anecdotally, I'm convinced that the gold boxes are selected at a much lower rate than would be expected. I don't have the stats to back it up, but I certainly seem to be getting well under 1/3 of the gold boxes "available" on my first roll, and less than 2/3 of them on my second.
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2017
    @TheDean

The search function isn't the greatest here, but basically around December 2015 one of the old developers confirmed they were predetermined as others have pointed out.

As to your observations on opening gold boxes, welcome to the suck. : )

Edited to add one past link on the subject:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/118708#Comment_118708
    T_12TheDean
    Thanks jester. Much obliged.
    jester
  • ZeroMercyZeroMercy Member Posts: 45
    If the rewards is in fact rigged, does it even matter which crates you choose? Or will you get the same loot, regardless?
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 990
    Same loot regardless.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    ZeroMercySpringChickenT_12
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @ZeroMercy
    Just in case you didn't know this either, but you can tap 3 chests quickly so that they all open one after the other, vs clicking on 1 and waiting to see reward, then clicking on the next one...

And you can scrap the gear from the chest by clicking on it...
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 471
    I was actually kind of relieved to find out that I didn't just have the crappiest luck in the history of man.
    T_12
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    ZeroMercy said:

> @Guapo said:

> Same loot regardless.

Wow, and all this time I have been picking the which crates to open carefully. SMH.

I used to do the same. Once you know it doesn'-t matter, it's nice to be able to just click as fast as possible on any box.

Remember what G.I. Joe taught us:
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 281
    I do appreciate the brief, but informative synopses. I've only been browsing the forums for the past few weeks, so discussions from month's past would be mostly new to me. And i see I'm not alone. Thanks!
    jester