Ideal traits for Survivors, Weapons, and Equipment.

zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
edited January 2016 in Strategy Discussion
These are my personal favorites, in order of most wanted to least wanted.
Hunter
Luck
Dodge
Increased Weapon Damage (IWD)
Damage Reduction (DR)

Hunter Rifle
Wide Bore
Luck
Interrupt
Increased Crit Damage (ICD)
Increased Crit Chance (ICC)

Hunters are much, much more useful once they have wide bore. Add high luck and you get lots of crits. Combine with ICD and the hunter charge move for really BIG hits. Interrupt works nicely here since you can stop entire lines of zombies and from long range. ICC doesn't make much sense due to the fact that hunters hit pretty hard already, and you'll usually be hitting multiple targets. More crits vs bigger crits will almost always be more advantageous.

Assault
Luck
Dodge
IWD
DR

Assault Rifle
Increased Spread
Luck
ICC
Interrupt
ICD

Assaults are the early-challenge monsters, and late challenge cleanup crew. Increased spread will allow you to steamroll through the early challenges, and increased luck and crit chance to make them more capable of getting one hit kills. Interrupt is difficult to use on assaults, and my experience with it has been inconsistent. It seems like even with a 100% interrupt weapon, sometimes an assault won't interrupt everything in the cone of fire. ICD doesn't make sense due to the fact that you simply want more crits with an assault in general to bring their damage up to the kill range. Two assaults combined are really powerful, get two large overlapping cones!

Warrior
Luck
Dodge
Retaliate
IWD
DR

Sword
Arc
Luck
ICC
Interrupt
ICD

Warriors are the guardians of your squad. Getting surrounded? No problem! Stack dodge with luck, and if you have retaliate you get free hits. Large arc to hit as large of an area as possible, high luck and ICC for more big hits. Interrupt is also difficult to use on a warrior, as usually you'll just interrupt one thing anyway. You can take it, but generally I prefer it on my ranged attackers. ICD makes no sense due to the fact that warriors already hit decently hard - just go for MORE crits.

Shooter
Luck
Dodge
IWD
DR

Pistol
Luck
Interrupt
ICD
Range
ICC

Shooters make one or two targets(with charge) dead, or stop one target from doing anything. High luck for more crits is always good since shooters do high damage, this allows you to definitely make tanks drop. However, ICD is also really awesome here due to charge ability synergy. Interrupt is GREAT on shooters due to their high damage. A half damage interrupt shot from a shooter is awesome for handling tanks and armored zombies if your melee is busy.

Scout
Luck
Dodge
IWD
Retaliate
DR

Stabby Stabby
Swift Strike
Luck
Interrupt
ICC
ICD

Go kill that one thing, scout. If you're lucky, kill two things or overwatch. Even though ICD synergizes with scout's brain stab, it's not very useful in general to take ICD. Scouts hit so hard already that you just want more crits and more swift strikes. Stack luck, icc, and interrupt. Like shooters, since scouts hit so hard, an interrupting scout is very strong.

Bruiser
Luck
Dodge
Retaliate
IWD
DR

Blunt Weapons
Concussion
Luck
Interrupt
ICC
ICD

Bruisers suck. Any time you stun something with a bruiser, you could have killed it with basically any of the other classes. More crits from luck and ICC is desirable since crits bring bruiser damage up into the range of being effective for killing. ICD synergizes with stun, but well, why would you bother finishing off a stunned target with a bruiser rather than another survivor?

Armor
Dodge
DR
Health
Wrestler

Dodge is the most important armor trait. Again, DR, and HP do not matter at all if you don't get hit. So, why DR over more HP? Because DR is HP agnostic and removes the damage directly from the attack. The bigger the attack, the bigger the raw reduction(20% of 100 = 20 vs 20% of 150 = 30). Additional HP does not scale in this fashion. Naturally, wrestler sucks - avoid getting into a struggle in the first place.
WastelandDanAndriusskyrlia[Deleted User]TUCOicpathuaJBreeze38WallStreetTeeceezySabrinaJapes87Enforcer25SaharawalkerfoodLoneskiwinz7Fester17

Comments

• AndriusAndrius Member Posts: 780
    @zoson Awesome guide!
    The EH family- where we have competition, fun and friendship.
    How to apply?
    Click here OR Email: [email protected]
  • SkySky Member Posts: 46
    @Zoson This is a very detailed and helpful description. Perhaps you çould add it to the wiki?

I'd never played a game of this type. When I started in mid-Dec I had no clue and found the instructions lacking in many regards. Only by scouring the 'net and these forums was I eventually able to play at a reasonably competitive level.

Much of the best info is scattered. It'd be great to consolidate it at a single location. Just my .02

I want to thank you personally as one of the individuals whose expertise has been very useful to me on numerous occasions.
  • Annette578Annette578 Member Posts: 500
    I agree! Thank You!!
    I ask these questions on chat, but never get detailed info like this. Wiki is good but, but this is very detailed. You help players so much! Appreciated !! :smile:
    Ovidmikel
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Glad to help. I won't be updating the wiki - I already spend too much time here on the forums. If someone wants to format the information and post it on the wiki themselves, feel free.
    SaharaOvidmikel
  • @zoson

That's pretty much my grocery list too :)
  • VakaliVakali Member Posts: 239
    Thanks for the guide. Now that my buildings are all upgraded I can start focusing on gear and what to really look for.
  • msg621msg621 Member Posts: 2
    Can someone please explain how I know which equipment upgrades are for which survivor? It's a little confusing with the little green arrows when I want to upgrade equipment. Not entirely sure which weapons I can remove or or all the weapons are for each survivor in their own category. I have been upgrading randomly but would love some clarification. I Love this game. :)
    Thanks! -Miss Mindy
  • SkySky Member Posts: 46
    @msg621

Hi Miss Mindy!

Just select your Training Ground and all of your survivors will be shown. Tap on any one and that individual's stats and traits, plus currently selected weapon/& armor will be displayed. You can tap on their weapon/& and all the weapons in their class will pop up. You usually want the weapon with the highest number (# = damage it wields) but the traits of the weapon (or armor) are also important.

Save your xp to upgrade the best weapons. The more stars, the better. Don't bother with anything below 3* (* = stars) Common & uncommon (1 & 2*) are not worth upgrading. Legendary (5*) and epic (4*) preferred tho a rare (3*) with ideal traits can be worthwhile.

Search the forum and read the Wikia to get a better understanding of all this.

I, too, love this game and was completely clueless when I started in Dec. The players are very generous about giving tips and advice fortunately. You'll get there!
    Sahara
  • JBreeze38JBreeze38 Member Posts: 107
    zoson said:

These are my personal favorites, in order of most wanted to least wanted.
    Hunter
    Luck
    Dodge
    Increased Weapon Damage (IWD)
    Damage Reduction (DR)

Hunter Rifle
    Wide Bore
    Luck
    Interrupt
    Increased Crit Damage (ICD)
    Increased Crit Chance (ICC)

Hunters are much, much more useful once they have wide bore. Add high luck and you get lots of crits. Combine with ICD and the hunter charge move for really BIG hits. Interrupt works nicely here since you can stop entire lines of zombies and from long range. ICC doesn't make much sense due to the fact that hunters hit pretty hard already, and you'll usually be hitting multiple targets. More crits vs bigger crits will almost always be more advantageous.

Assault
    Luck
    Dodge
    IWD
    DR

Assault Rifle
    Increased Spread
    Luck
    ICC
    Interrupt
    ICD

Assaults are the early-challenge monsters, and late challenge cleanup crew. Increased spread will allow you to steamroll through the early challenges, and increased luck and crit chance to make them more capable of getting one hit kills. Interrupt is difficult to use on assaults, and my experience with it has been inconsistent. It seems like even with a 100% interrupt weapon, sometimes an assault won't interrupt everything in the cone of fire. ICD doesn't make sense due to the fact that you simply want more crits with an assault in general to bring their damage up to the kill range. Two assaults combined are really powerful, get two large overlapping cones!

Warrior
    Luck
    Dodge
    Retaliate
    IWD
    DR

Sword
    Arc
    Luck
    ICC
    Interrupt
    ICD

Warriors are the guardians of your squad. Getting surrounded? No problem! Stack dodge with luck, and if you have retaliate you get free hits. Large arc to hit as large of an area as possible, high luck and ICC for more big hits. Interrupt is also difficult to use on a warrior, as usually you'll just interrupt one thing anyway. You can take it, but generally I prefer it on my ranged attackers. ICD makes no sense due to the fact that warriors already hit decently hard - just go for MORE crits.

Shooter
    Luck
    Dodge
    IWD
    DR

Pistol
    Luck
    Interrupt
    ICD
    Range
    ICC

Shooters make one or two targets(with charge) dead, or stop one target from doing anything. High luck for more crits is always good since shooters do high damage, this allows you to definitely make tanks drop. However, ICD is also really awesome here due to charge ability synergy. Interrupt is GREAT on shooters due to their high damage. A half damage interrupt shot from a shooter is awesome for handling tanks and armored zombies if your melee is busy.

Scout
    Luck
    Dodge
    IWD
    Retaliate
    DR

Stabby Stabby
    Swift Strike
    Luck
    Interrupt
    ICC
    ICD

Go kill that one thing, scout. If you're lucky, kill two things or overwatch. Even though ICD synergizes with scout's brain stab, it's not very useful in general to take ICD. Scouts hit so hard already that you just want more crits and more swift strikes. Stack luck, icc, and interrupt. Like shooters, since scouts hit so hard, an interrupting scout is very strong.

Bruiser
    Luck
    Dodge
    Retaliate
    IWD
    DR

Blunt Weapons
    Concussion
    Luck
    Interrupt
    ICC
    ICD

Bruisers suck. Any time you stun something with a bruiser, you could have killed it with basically any of the other classes. More crits from luck and ICC is desirable since crits bring bruiser damage up into the range of being effective for killing. ICD synergizes with stun, but well, why would you bother finishing off a stunned target with a bruiser rather than another survivor?

Armor
    Dodge
    DR
    Health
    Wrestler

Dodge is the most important armor trait. Again, DR, and HP do not matter at all if you don't get hit. So, why DR over more HP? Because DR is HP agnostic and removes the damage directly from the attack. The bigger the attack, the bigger the raw reduction(20% of 100 = 20 vs 20% of 150 = 30). Additional HP does not scale in this fashion. Naturally, wrestler sucks - avoid getting into a struggle in the first place.

@SlayerSect
    @zoson I guess it's safe to say luck is the most valuable trait in a weapon, vest and survivor.
    @JBreeze38 You can't get luck on armor unfortunately. But yes, Luck is by far the most powerful trait you can get.
    @zoson what do you value most with vest. The dodge, extra struggle, iron skin or 50/75% raise in base defense. I think they pretty much a toss up between dodge and probably 15% iron skin or 75 base D depending on the math.
    I like the 50% retaliate as far as character traits
    If you've got luck on the survivor, go for dodge. If not, iron skin. Not getting hit is better than taking reduced damage.
    Extra struggle continues to suck... Don't get into a struggle to begin with.
    Obviously you don't wanna get in a struggle. Extra struggle is like a last breath before death and I'm guessing more people find themselves in a struggle than not. Could be the difference between losing a front line player. However after reading your guide to surviving a zombie apocalypse I get why you have little value for the extra struggle and that wierd Mexican wrestling mask of an icon that comes with it
  • SabrinaSabrina Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2016
    @zoson Awesome contribution to the community! And hi-5 to @Lance for wikifying it. Sharing rox :)

This stuff is one of the best I have read in this forum since the release of the game.
    - Sabrina, lv60 LVT (Life-TIme Profit), Elder of Suomikilta I-V -
    icpathuazosonOvidmikel
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @zoson - great guide , wish I saw this sooner. Thanks for taking the time to write it up .. it's should be stickied on first page for every newbie to read
    Ovidmikel
This discussion has been closed.