Outpost bruiser - which one to pick?

Hi twdnml people, I need your advice.
I have two pretty nice survivors, but cannot decide which one is better to put on the outpost duty. Please, see the attachment. The names are Badger and Hemingway.
Thank you.
TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
T_12

Comments

• autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    Also - should I also consider Carrie? Will she be good if I add a golden dodge from equipment?
    T_12
  • splaggsplagg Member Posts: 93
    I'd have Carrie and Badger defending my outpost.
    Not sure if I like Carrie's Iron Skin or Badger's Dodge more... both are pristine for outpost defense.
    Hemingway, not so much - bullet dodge is vital IMO because most outpost raiders are coming with an assault to stun everyone and shooters to finish them off. At least, that's what I do (with great success). Really the only hiccup in my gameplan is when I run into defenders that dodge my bullets.
    autumn_ash
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    I prefer Badger, but you should have Carrie and Badger bump uglies, and hope their offspring had the same traits as Badger, but Iron Skin instead of Strong.
    Gindyautumn_ashGovernator
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 778
    I like badger and Carrie
    autumn_ash
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,905
    I like Badger over Carrie, but just marginally. Just one Dodge or Bullet Dodge that works will ruin the attacker's day.
    autumn_ash
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,455
    Carrie over Badger. Most raiders looking to kill all of your guys are usually bringing teams of ranged survivors, so I don't find Dodge to be very valuable. The damage reduction from Iron Skin (especially for a class that has such high HP) will make your Bruisers a pain in the ass to kill if you have stun resistant/iron skin armors for them.
    autumn_ash
    Thank you all! This has been very helpful. Special thanks to those who shared their opinion of how this is going to work out with different survivors and traits. @JayZ Thank you, I already came to a similar conclusions, I like that I have yours now to support mine ;)
    JayZ
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,455
    Sure thing. One final point I'll add is that you might not always want to dodge melee attacks.

I could imagine a scenario where it would actually be BETTER to get hit and Retaliate, because your Retaliate could stun your attacker, leaving the rest of your defenders with a 3v2 for the next 1-2 turns.
    autumn_ash
    JayZ said:

I could imagine a scenario where it would actually be BETTER to get hit and Retaliate, because your Retaliate could stun your attacker, leaving the rest of your defenders with a 3v2 for the next 1-2 turns.

Yes, and iron skin+stun resistance might help with that setup I think

...Armour advice for Carrie?
    As you can see, I'm preparing 1st
    But my op defenders are 18-18-19 lvl, so i think it's not for this time, unless I'm gonna up Carrie all the way to 20lvl.
    But I can make her 19lvl for sure.
    Also I'm currently preparing 11 because of Stun Res above all, plus health and golden dodge.
    What do you guys think?