Spring Cleaning coming 5/5 - 5/8

DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
5 minute gas times and double xp on scrapped gear!!!

Thanks @painclasher

Thanks @Terminates

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
bababooeyJadenTimboskiCRUSHDavid_H79capibaraTHCrossGovernatortomducat21SCBMAPain WalkerekimhclewT_12jammin707EmeraldTriangleTroublemakerpsychwolf

Comments

• TimboskiTimboski Member Posts: 136
    Nice!
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    What's the deal with the picture of the crate? Thanks for the announcement @Terminates !!
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,689
    Awesome! :)
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    SCBMA
  • LootHoarderLootHoarder Member Posts: 123
    Time for a LootHoarder psa! If you are a hoarder like me (who knew!?), then it's likely you have somewhere between 280 and 290 pieces of unused mostly legendary gear floating about in your inventory just waiting for this event to come up. Here's the LootHoarder guide for all my hoarders out there to think about in addition to the suggestions above:

Identify a subset of your gear with your desired perfect traits regardless of level to NOT scrap. This is a prep stage for if ever NG decides to allow gear to be upgraded/removing level caps whatnot. It may never happen. But thats what some folk said about allowing survs to level past their original caps or to allow epic survs to upgrade to legendary. You easily have the space to hold on to some gear in case they ever do it for gear too. The only penalty you suffer for so doing if it never happens is that you're right back in the same position you're in right meow this time next year thinking about that upcoming scrap event.
    DLichJaden
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Yep. Except I scrapped everything (around 26M in gear) last week. Got sick of waiting. It's fine though, since it got me to be able to upgrade all but 2 survivors, and all the Legendary 21-->24 gear I had.
    Gebobspsychwolf
  • Great :)
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    @Gindy do you have a gold vs time chart handy?

From my experience if people are going to rush upgrades it's best to do it right away.

20 hours is "X" amount of gold but 10 hours isn't "X divided by 2" amount of gold.

Anyone got a chart?

Gindy
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421

Time for a LootHoarder psa! If you are a hoarder like me (who knew!?), then it's likely you have somewhere between 280 and 290 pieces of unused mostly legendary gear floating about in your inventory just waiting for this event to come up. Here's the LootHoarder guide for all my hoarders out there to think about in addition to the suggestions above:

Identify a subset of your gear with your desired perfect traits regardless of level to NOT scrap. This is a prep stage for if ever NG decides to allow gear to be upgraded/removing level caps whatnot. It may never happen. But thats what some folk said about allowing survs to level past their original caps or to allow epic survs to upgrade to legendary. You easily have the space to hold on to some gear in case they ever do it for gear too. The only penalty you suffer for so doing if it never happens is that you're right back in the same position you're in right meow this time next year thinking about that upcoming scrap event.

What? This will never happen.

With that said, I still hoard loot with optimal stats 'just in case'. :wink:
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

David_H79Jaden
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    @DLich / @JayZ -- if I remember correctly, time::gold is a linear equation in the high-level sense. Yes, there's some fluidity if you do the math to the minute (hence the difference in decimals), but it doesn't go quadratic like soup::gold does as you approach the 300k mark.

Rather, it aligns most similarly to XP::gold. For every 7'ish minute window it costs 1 gold. Eg. 1-7 minutes to speed costs 1 gold. If your timer is between 8-14 minutes it's 2 gold.... 1197 - 1204 minutes (19:57h - 20.:04h) will cost you 167 gold... and so on.

(haven't thought about this in a while since I stopped rushing after my Training Grounds hit L19 :p)
    DLichjammin
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    @Gindy @JayZ thank you. If it's linear then that's good.

If I recall when I rushed my workshop it was 225 gold for 48 hours.

I never actually looked at plot points but 7 minutes per gold can easily be plotted in a few hours or so.

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    @Gindy / @DLich I could have sworn (but I might be wrong) that something was not quite linear. Maybe it was speeding up hospital time with gold? Again, I might be wrong, but there is something nagging me in the back of my head. I'll continue to update my post when possible so we can maybe get some rough confirmation that it is linear with upgrades.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    Guapo
    edited May 2017
    @JayZ -- 9h:19m is 81 gold.

(559m)
    JayZ
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,409
    edited May 2017
    @JayZ -- 10h:26m is 90 gold.
    JayZ
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 990
    Hospital time is nonlinear. It gets exponentially cheaper for less time. I don't remember numbers right now, but 2 hours is 25 gold, and 1 hour is 10. Not the correct numbers I'm sure, but they will be available in a few days :)
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    DoTak
  • Golf4x4Golf4x4 Member Posts: 10
    Hey all,

If i buy the Double XP booster means i will get 4X the amount of XP when scrapping gear?
    Dodkong
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @Golf4x4
    I believe that to be true, but I cannot be certain because I am not a god ;)

David_H79
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    edited May 2017
    Golf4x4 said:

Hey all,

If i buy the Double XP booster means i will get 4X the amount of XP when scrapping gear?

Yes, that's correct.
    ThanosOfTitansligoemTrax
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 296
    So if I buy the double xp booster I will also get double for anything I scrap ?
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Amazon’s 
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066

Yes...but you´ll also need gold to speed up the upgrades fast enough ;)
    ThanosOfTitan
    Dammit lol
    Invader said:

Yes...but you´ll also need gold to speed up the upgrades fast enough ;)
    There is always a down side
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    That's perfect
    I have 289 pieces of gear and I was going to get the XP booster later today

I'll hold off on the booster until the event starts
    Thanks for the heads up, glad I checked in here this morning
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    edited May 2017
    FYI, it looks like the best value for speeding up your upgrades is between 10 H and 20 H if you choose to speed up your upgrades with gold. You should only use gold to speed your upgrades up IF you are close to maxing out on XP and don't want to waste XP.

See my post above for some numbers. Will continue to try to fill more in when possible.

EDIT: Added some clarifying language.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    GindyGovernatorggbats
    JayZ said:

FYI, it looks like the best value for speeding up your upgrades is between 10 H and 20 H (if you choose to speed up your upgrades with gold). See my post above for some numbers. Will continue to try to fill more in when possible.

I would also add to this statement, "Between 10h - 20h" and when you have supplies to immediately start your next upgrade..

Speeding an upgrade then having your shop idle while you continue to farm is no bueno. Even if you save only a few gold, it's still gold saved!

Thanks for leading this charge - great info!
    DodkongGovernatorJayZ
  • MinistrMinistr Member Posts: 105
    I need supplies to upgrade my training grounds and workshop first! I thought I had more time to prepare when @Teeceezy said spring cleaning would be pushed to summer.

Glad it isn't a paltry 1.2x though.
    gcheong85