605 hunter tokens...how to invest?

InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
I have 605 tokens for the hunter class and asking myself what will make more sense to get out most of this challenge.

Upgrading dodge on Roy or promote Todd?

Thx 4 advice :blush:

T_12

Comments

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    For immediate impact, imo, promote Todd to add a 2nd pink hunter to your team
    Better then +3% dodge

Roy can't do it all by himself :)
    T_12anniesprinkles
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Todd would not be my long-term favorite.
    I would slowly but surely upgrade Roy, even though he is missing Sure Shot.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    anniesprinkles
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    DoTak said:

For immediate impact, imo, promote Todd to add a 2nd pink hunter to your team
    Better then +3% dodge

Roy can't do it all by himself :)

Thx...would this be still your advice if there already is a second pink star hunter?

But his next step would be bullet dodge, which isn´t badly needed in this challenge...

Putchuco said:

Todd has sure shot ;)

As we all know...you can´t have all the perfect traits on one survivour :D
    Invader said:

Putchuco said:

As we all know...you can´t have all the perfect traits on one survivour :D
    Who said that?! ;)
    anniesprinkles
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 259
    @Putchuco could you possibly give a little more feedback into why you would upgrade Roy over Todd. I think most on the forum would have picked Todd. I'm assuming because Roy has defensive stance and does not have sure shot. There are some, but very few who like defensive stance (& vigilant), so it would be welcoming to here the other side of the coins opinions.

Or from anyone else who would pick Roy over Todd.
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

InvaderT_12
    @anniesprinkles (nice nick btw...) it´s not about who to kick...just about who to upgrade specially for this challenge :)
    anniesprinkles

@Putchuco could you possibly give a little more feedback into why you would upgrade Roy over Todd. I think most on the forum would have picked Todd. I'm assuming because Roy has defensive stance and does not have sure shot. There are some, but very few who like defensive stance (& vigilant), so it would be welcoming to here the other side of the coins opinions.

My pleasure.
    - first off, i dislike bullet dodge. IMHO this is a useless trait. This trait MIGHT be useful for outpost battles, but that's about it. No advantage when fighting anything +3lvls over yours.
    - I am one of these (crazy?) people that like def-stance, although I freely admit that I am fighting with myself to actually use it. It is so hard for me not to try the last shot, but defend in overwatch. maybe that's just me ;)
    - sure shot is possibly one of the most desirable traits for a hunter
    - so, while Roy lacks sure shot, Todd is a no-no in my book because of b-dodge
    - furthermore, i had been going after multiple single-pink survivors per class, but had learned that multiple pink have a very convincing advantage. Yes, it would definitely take much longer to upgrade Roy from single to double pink, but certainly worth it in the end.
    - possible solution/compromise: upgrade Todd to single-pink, but then leave it there and focus on Roy or someone even better.

Hope this helps.
    anniesprinklesInvaderKaLiDoc_Holliday
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 741

There are some, but very few who like defensive stance (& vigilant), so it would be welcoming to here the other side of the coins opinions.

@anniesprinkles Vigilant in Hunters is only liked by a minority? Didn't know that. I'm one in that minority then.

T_12
  • splaggsplagg Member Posts: 93
    I think Todd is just about perfect. For most purposes I'd rather have dodge than b.dodge but he's close enough to being a unicorn that I'd invest heavy in him.
    T_12
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @Invader
    You were withholding info by not showing Dale initially ;)

I would still promote Todd because you specifically said you're trying to get the most out of THIS challenge. Adding a pink star has got to be more helpful short term than a small trait upgrade. Btw, I might have been wrong when I said +3% dodge. Is it actually +2%? Or +1%? I can't remember, but it's not important

Bullet dodge isn't an important trait for me either because of how rarely we face ranged freemen compared to walkers. But I still think it can be of help in those situations, and especially on outpost defense. It's just not a trait I hold out for. Would much rather have vigilant, as I like overwatch strategies. Having said that, I'm still not sold on defensive stance.
    T_12InvaderKaLiDoc_Hollidayanniesprinkles
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,168
    edited May 2017
    I like todd! Sure shot, marksman and luck! Plus he's one step away from a man bun lol :D
    DoTakDoc_Holliday
    Thx for your advice...I´ll promote Todd :)
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited May 2017
    @Invader seems like you made up your mind on Todd

I agree with @Putchuco reasoning and hope you consider that on your future promotions

Promoting Todds Feels like a waste of your hard earn tokens due to that bullet dodge trait

If you were to run outpost, having Maggie to make use of her xp hero trait is a much better choice of a hunter

@DoTak defensive stance is situational and dislike by many who don't know it's true potentials.

I like it and prefer to have it for end game/ higher level challenge missions to survive through those buff up lvl 27+ walkers

Once you get that high up, defensive stance can make a difference from getting that 1 star or game over ^_^

Sorry to venture off topic a bit and
    Good luck with whatever you decide @invader
    InvaderT_12Doc_Hollidayanniesprinkles
    @KaLi

I really appreciate your feedback because your someone on the forum that really likes defensive stance & vigilant. I've been spending a lot of time on the forum reading & trying to understand how these traits work. Five minutes ago (honest) I completed leveling all 23 survivor slots I have to lvl 17.....Hallelujah that took along time. Now I want to lay back a bit & focus on strategies regarding traits on gear & survivors. I have 8 non-hero survivors (dumped 4). Five have defensive stance & 3 have vigilant. I also have only one bruiser that I could pinkie right now, but he has both traits. When I read the forum I get mixed opinions on both these traits. Oh, almost forgot seven have bullet dodge. Lol

Would you consider helping me out & letting me know which survivors these two traits and gear traits work best together with. Like with my bruiser, I got all excited about promoting to pinky, but after reading the forum I read you don't want vigilant on a bruiser because of the low damage points for bruiser class. Similar as defensive stance for low health class. So when I consider hunters for example, (the two I have, both have defensive stance trait. Honestly the last eleven hunters I got on radio calls had this trait) average damage & low health, in-game description, why would I want either trait on my hunters. I don't even want to waste your time on my only shooter with both traits.

If your still reading this, I am utterly and totally confused about these two traits. Unless I become the beneficiary of a rich uncle I have to work best with what I got.

Any input you would offer or somewhere to look that you agreed with would be super duper fantastic.

Note: I'm understanding in higher levels these traits work well, but not understanding how to make these traits "work".....geez ,':(
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

@tabernac

Sincerely sorry and apologize. I was confussed when I stated that few on the forum seem to like vigilant. It was not my intention to make you feel like I was trying to place you in a minority, but I did not say, Vigilant in Hunters is only liked by a minority.
    I said, there are some, but very few who like defensive stance (& vigilant), so it would be welcoming to here the other side of the coins opinions.

Again, I am very sorry.
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 741
    @anniesprinkles No apologies necessary! My posture was matter of factly, and not meant to sound defensive or snarky.

I like Vigilant quite a bit on Hunters. The reason why is because I come across many situations where I can hit a high level Zed from a distance on overwatch. The positives of this are that 1) You keep room between you and the Zed because it isn't going to be one-shotted. 2) Attacks on overwatch don't trigger more Zeds to spawn when the threat level reaches 0. Both of these things are important to me when facing higher level walkers (especially the specials like armoreds and fatties).

Due to my style of play I'm not really looking for Vigilant on any non-ranged survivors with the exception of Bruisers. I use Bruisers in confined horde type situations in which they are basically an overwatch human shield for other survivors. You can't avoid getting hit to a degree and you're trying to mitigate damage as best you can. For this application I think that certain sometimes overlooked traits such as Vigilant, Power Strike, and Defensive Stance work really well with Bruisers. This stuff will apply less if you're not interested in doing higher level challenge missions, so grain of salt here.

Cheers!

anniesprinkles