Double XP sale missed the mark

bigmacbigmac Member Posts: 131
Thank you for bringing up the sale again 4 Double XP on scrap gear. As it is a spring cleaning sale it's kind of expected every year. Last year I was a new player and it really didn't bother me too much because most of my gear and survivors we upgraded in 4 to 6 hours. Now it takes 20 plus hours for equipment or Survivor to upgrade this is too long. I've been holding on to Old upgraded gear and some lower-level legendary gear for quite some time and anticipation of the sale. And it's not fun comma, I have gear and survivors upgrading my XP is almost full and I have a lot more stuff to sell. The sales going to run out of time before I can get things done that I'd like to.... so please when it comes to next year's spring cleaning sale can you add five second upgrade for equipment or survivors or hell even both this would make this so much more fun..... yep thinking about it now, I've played every day from sale to sale.
MinistrT_12falowyn

Comments

• bigmacbigmac Member Posts: 131
    Thank you for finally bringing out the spring cleaning sale 4 Double XP on scrap gear. But I've noticed it is taking a lot of time upgrade my characters and equipment 20 plus hours and I'm not going to spend gold to make it go faster. Last year when this sale is going on I was still very new player and it didn't bother me that much. But this year I was hoping that sale was coming so I've been holding onto Old upgraded equipment and some lower legendary stuff... I may have been hoarding since Christmas.. please next year when you think about doing this sale can you add five second upgrade for equipment or survivors I'm not greedy I know you won't do both but just one so I can burn some of this XP.
    JayZ
  • MinistrMinistr Member Posts: 105
    Ah, speech-to-text. Gotta love it, comma, don't you?

I agree, at least a reduction in update time would make this better. I might even consider spending some money on an XP boost to really take advantage of that event!
    ekimhclewbigmacdeb1hdASnarkySquirrel
  • TraxTrax Member Posts: 49
    This is exactly why I didn't understand everyone's clamoring for the spring cleaning event on the forums over the past months. It's a nice event but it's not even close to as good as increased radio or gold/silver chest events.
    bigmacCaptainslayer
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 775
    edited May 2017
    I loved it. I had saved all of the most expensive gear throughout the year, and all of my upgraded gear, for this event. I even sold off my bloody Lucille for over 500k. I was able to sell off all of my old gear, while also having both equipment and survivors upgrading continuously all weekend. I can't wait until next year. Hopefully they do it again.
    verticoJadenbigmac
  • bigmacbigmac Member Posts: 131
    So you think it was okay? Would you not have rather had the five second upgrade to go along with this. As I also horded most of my good gear for the year. But the event is over and I still have over a hundred and fifty pieces of gear because XP was full and things were upgrading. Hence the whole point of this post. I do hope they do this sale again next spring and add some sort of five second upgrade so that I can sell everything.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,044
    I've spent about 3500 gold on rushing upgrades. 5 sec upgrades would have been awesome, I agree. And I wouldn't buy gold, too expensive. I got an XP booster, though...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    bigmac
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,198
    They will never pair spring cleaning with reduced upgrade times. Someone's gotta pay the salaries of the developers, and it's the folks who purchased gold to speed upgrades up during spring cleaning (like me).
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    ATLAS-ZT_12KhalDrogobigmac
  • ASnarkySquirrelASnarkySquirrel Member Posts: 12
    So maybe meet in the middle. 1/2 time upgrades. If it should be 20 make it 10 hours then people can afford a little gold to speed up the process and the diehards who do pay for gold repeatedly would get I thank you discount at the same time.
    I was bummed cuz I sold all my stuff last weekend when I actually paid for double XP with my Google survey money.
    ATLAS-Zbigmac
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,711
    XP and Tomato boost events are the most economically good value for your gold.

There is no shame in using gold to get the most out of a good event. Best use for it imo.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,711
    Then again, I don't spend much gold at the ER. If my teams start getting slaughtered in a challenge, I call it quits. Don't like paying them hospital bills at all.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • falowynfalowyn Member Posts: 73
    Spring Cleaning was WAY too short.

Last year during the Spring Clearance event, players were lower level and it did not take as much time to train survivors or upgrade equipment with the XP generated by scrapping old gear.

At level 21 however, each upgrade occupies the Workshop (21 to 24) or Training Grounds (20 to 21) for about a day or so. There was not enough time during the event to use up what we were generating by scrapping more than a few old pieces of gear without hitting the cap.

Can we extend the event next year to last a week or longer, so people can use Spring Cleaning to... you know... actually clean up their old inventory like the event implies?
    bigmac
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    Spring cleaning should be a week long event like extra damage from a certain class so we can have a decent weekend event
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    bigbeano