Buy your hero!

CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583

This is the moment I have been waiting for. NG is cashing in the hero tokens situation.
T_12Raven2318JackBauerInvaderCaptainslayerGeneral_PainGovernatorRevenantSCBMAvabuda1Rolando19romeoJadenTeeceezyxbamfxricktadamadrob11zeowerusR2runfast

Comments

• CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    One question, because I'm f2p:

Can someone do the purchase only once or a few times? Because if it is only once, NG should fix it immediately, just to make it work as intended.
    T_12romeo
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    edited May 2017
    There does seem to be a slight miss calculation of what character tokens are worth (especially rick tokens and only 50) btw for myself that bundles is $62.99
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    zeowerus
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 712
    @Serp That sounds like NG saying buy it if you want to, else F..k off! We don't give shit....
    Alive!
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    @Teeceezy - Fair play, i wasn't around before, and I've seen Hero Tokens in Calls, New Challenge boxes, 4 in Trade goods and season 7 missions.

The 4 in trade goods store is almost right - Some hero's are NEVER there (Michonne, Carl etc). Challenge boxes have been repeatedly requested to have either: ONLY Hero tokens, or at least Increasing numbers for tokens (I feel for those who get higher than my 640-750 stars, but even I'm pi**ed when i get that and pull in 25 Bruiser tokens)

The biggest problem is the token dilution - a problem that will only get WORSE! - Especially as we have more Hero's being soon to be reveled....

My Main point was more that we'd been promised more ways to get the tokens. - I was simply stating i hope purchasing is not part of that plan.

• vabuda1vabuda1 Member Posts: 80
    I think this is going in the right direction..maybe a tweak to either the a,punt of hero tokens (75 maybe?) for same price, or lower price by $10 for this exact deal..it would sell like hot cakes imo..for those looking for those tokens to finally unlock or upgrade a specific hero...I love the idea, it just needs a smidge of tweaking to make it really worth it for both NG and players.
  • vabuda1vabuda1 Member Posts: 80
    Amount* of hero tokens! Sorry I type too fast and don't proof read hahahaha
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    vabuda1 said:

it would sell like hot cakes imo..

And thats the main problem.
    carlos1981Timboskivabuda1
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 771
    I'm having trouble generating any kind of outrage in response to this.

I'm usually firmly in the camp of "more options is better than less options". As long as one of the options is to totally opt out and no one is coerced into anything. NG is giving another option on top of the existing ones.

NG is the monopoly issuer of tokens, hero or otherwise. As a result they are the price setter. I happen to think that the price is way too high and the price will need to be reduced in order to generate a reasonable demand, but time will tell...
    PigShut_Upjimmorrison369
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    Remember when Heroes were first introduced and we used to get 2 Hero Tokens in the 15x Radio Call? Imagine how much $$ it would cost to buy back all those tokens we got screwed out of. Seems like it's about $15-20 for 50 Rick Tokens (since you are getting Gold as well, but I don't care about doing the actual math).
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    plain and simple. $5 for Ricks 50 tokens
  • PTRPTR Member Posts: 66
    More pay. Less fun :(
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,251
    What the frog!? There's Rufus tokens?!
    ........ I'm sold!
    WahooDawgSCBMAwarlock1271
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,025
    I would love to see some competitive pricing. I'd totally be ok with let's say 50 hero tokens for $9.99 but damn $34.99 per bundle geez not everyone is that eager to spend cash like that for only 50 tokens. I like the idea I just would love more bang for your buck. Be reasonable @Teeceezy I know a business has to make a profit and I pledge I'd spend $50-$100 a month on hero tokens alone.
    T_12Timboski