Assault not killing walkers

2»

Comments

• GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 985
    Apparently can't even take out a level 19 with one shot.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    JackBauerOneVoiceT_12sborg
    Nothing?
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    T_12
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Thanks for the reports folks, we're continuing looking in to this.
    GuapoJadensborgGovernator
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I don't have screenshots atm, but if this is indeed being looked at as possibly unintended, I will note I have had the same issue and will document as I can in the future.
    Jaden
  • BalubanBaluban Member Posts: 44
    Can't upload pics from my phone, but my 3 pinky can't even take out armored lvl 15 anymore. The rifle has gold piercing and wide, silver lethal. Didn't had this problem last weekend.
    KaLiGuapoJaden
    My poor asses.
    Any further info on this would be very much appreciated so we can pinpoint any potential issue. Thanks in advance.
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @Teeceezy
    pre2.5- my legendary level 20 assault with level 23 gear could one shot groups of level 23 regular walkers.

Post2.5- that same legendary assault (now level 21) can't reliably kill level 22 regular walkers.
    Guapo
    Traits on that Assault? @paintbeast We're currently investigating if there's a combination of traits that could cause what you all are reporting.
    Here she is now

This is the gear she was using pre 2.5

I do realize I switched from a weapon that had "destructive" to one without, but I was having the same issue before I found and upgraded the new weapon.
    Guapo
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    @Teeceezy

It didn't matter which of my assaults I used, whether it was epic Abe or my 6star assault. Her traits are: marksman, luck, iron skin, bullet dodge and sure shot

What helped, though, was getting an assault rifle with silver lethal and gold piercing (plus gold interrupt). With that rifle, the issue doesn't seem to occur but it should also not occur with the rifle I had before (interrupt, silenced, destructive - both rifles level 23 legendary).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    It will difficult to show this more this week with the assault boost.
    Hey guys! We looked into this quite extensively: tried plenty of different Assault characters with different weapon combinations and traits vs. walkers of varying levels.
    The damage variation for Assaults is quite large, so when firing into a group (and inflicting varying damage values) it may be that certain walkers are not 1-shot. We know this is probably not the conclusion you'd have hoped for, but can now confirm this is not a bug.
    At least we know it is intentional. Now we can complain in the regular forum. Haha. But if the intent was for a level 20 with max gear to possibly not kill a level 13 walker, it is successful. Thanks for checking it @Teeceezy
    ggbats
  • OneVoiceOneVoice Member Posts: 133
    @Teeceezy i don't accept that. there has been a code change to nerf the assault. one walker was never not killed in a group. your reply just states what we have been telling you.

there's a clear disregard to players and we're being taken for idiots. why doesn't ng just admit something has changed and you'll put it back.

i don't particularly like buying weapons for them to become weaker. in this case i'd like say 50% back of what i paid. the negative amount of the change.

never again will i spend another penny on this game.
    @OneVoice- I can tell you exactly how the code changed. Walkers were buffed across the board when they did the melee buff. This is effectively a nerf to all ranged classes. Of course, NG doesn't see it that way.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    Funny, though, that I never had that happen again once I equipped a rifle with piercing. I mean... with that logic there should still be occurrences of walkers not being killed when hit, shouldn't there be? But it never happened again, not even with weaker assaults if they used that rifle.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Pigtabernac
  • OneVoiceOneVoice Member Posts: 133
    The assaults, survivor level 20, are now getting body shots or not killing walkers at L18 & 19.

This is not right at all.

Pluse noticed that walkers within the kill cone area, shoot radius (spread), those towards the edge but clearly within....are not being hit at all. Noticeable in new challenge Overrun Compound. All maps inside.

• gcheong85gcheong85 Member Posts: 149
    Been complaining the same for scout to @Teeceezy that i have upgraded my scout from lvl 19 to lvl 20. Lvl 19 scout used to 1 shot lvl19 armoured in outpost. But the lvl 20 upgrade of scout now cant even 1 shot the lvl 19 armoured. Makes no sense. By the way,gave up on assault class as its being nerfed till it's useless. Luckily hunters are still usable unless being nerfed again in the future as the game developers KPI are nerfing everything to get their bonus and increment of salary
    OneVoiceJayZ